View Full Version : Christmas-

justplugit
09-11-2006, 07:47 PM
i'ts 5 days after Labor Day and my wife got an LL Bean Christmas Catalouge today :( Used to start advertising after Thanksgiving, then after Halloween now Labor Day. :huh:

It's all about commercial $$$ and they start making you feel like winter is here, when the fall fishing just starts. :(

Karl F
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Dave.. ya know how I feel.. the whole message has been lost...
Department Stores, and TV ads ruined it..\
How would kids react, if they got ONE so called, big gift, then packages containing socks and underwear.. an orange in their stocking..
decorations.. :exp: .. used to be maybe two weeks before, you would start.. now, just before Thanksgiving.. people string so many displays and flashy stuff, the power plant goes into overdrive..
overblown and overdone.. and the meaning is lost.
If we could go from Thanksgiving.. then skip to New Years, I'd be a lot happier...

Raven
09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
the Clammer Claus Christmas special.....??? :huh:

whatcha talkin bout Karl :af::lossinit:

i have already begun collecting the art..... so clam up lol

ya bastage :jump:

Karl F
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
I can only imagine a Clammer Christmas Card..
I can see the inscription now...

"Times are Rough...
Times are Hard...
Here's your F*@#ing
Christmas Card!"

:hihi:

fishaholic18
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM

"Times are Rough...
Times are Hard...
Here's your F*@#ing
Christmas Card!"

:btu: :btu: :rotf2:Yup, that's Grampa Clammer for sure..

Clammer
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
K =send me your f #$%&*() address & you,ll be surprized by a Clammer C/C

kids & many adults have no clue to the [REAL] reason of sooooooooooooooooooooo many holidays /both religious & national /// its sad that to sooooooooo Many its a F #$%^&*() paid dayoff // & they are clueless [[WHY}}

CLAMMER ++++=== has alot my feelings & beliefs than many of you could or would believe :::::::::::::::wid:

Slingah
09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Christmas????? isnt it still summer???
well then before y'all start shopping......
I'm not getting any of you guys nuthin.....
so don't get me nuthin.......

justplugit
09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Stop it, Stop it , you guys are killin me. :laughs: :rotf3: :laughs:

justplugit
09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Clammer, u r the best. :btu:

fishaholic18
09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
K =send me your f #$%&*() address & you,ll be surprized by a Clammer C/C

kids & many adults have no clue to the [REAL] reason of sooooooooooooooooooooo many holidays /both religious & national /// its sad that to sooooooooo Many its a F #$%^&*() paid dayoff // & they are clueless [[WHY}}

CLAMMER ++++=== has alot my feelings & beliefs than many of you could or would believe :::::::::::::::wid:
Out from :hidin: I see...:bshake:

kevin d
09-12-2006, 05:57 AM
I guess Labor Day is the new Thanksgiving?? The first time I saw Christmas decorations up in August (in the stores) all I could do was laugh. Now we have bets in the family as to who will have their stuff out first: Wally World or Lowes.
On a side note, 10 years ago I was in Wall World in Yuma, AZ in July. It was about 108 degrees and they had Christmas displays set up in the garden shop. It was a clearance sale. They told me the new stock would be arriving the following week and they needed the room. I looked pretty silly walking out with a SAnta and a snowman under my arms. I paid $3 a piece and still have them :)

gone fishin
09-12-2006, 08:20 PM
FYI I saw Christmas stuff out today! Would you believe it was in Bldg. :zup: 19 :zup: 1/2!!!:zup:

Flaptail
09-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Dave.. ya know how I feel.. the whole message has been lost...
Department Stores, and TV ads ruined it..\
How would kids react, if they got ONE so called, big gift, then packages containing socks and underwear.. an orange in their stocking..
decorations.. :exp: .. used to be maybe two weeks before, you would start.. now, just before Thanksgiving.. people string so many displays and flashy stuff, the power plant goes into overdrive..
overblown and overdone.. and the meaning is lost.
If we could go from Thanksgiving.. then skip to New Years, I'd be a lot happier...

The year I got kicked out of the cub scouts for telling the Scoutmaster to F-off (true story) I actually got a piece of coal in my stocking. I got no toys or anything fun. Just some undies, socks and clothes for school. My Mother was so mad at me it took her a full year before she got over it. He was a deacon at church ans she was the head of the Ladies League there. Ooh boy did I f-up that year.

Clammer
09-13-2006, 01:18 PM
STEEEEEEEEV

Did ya get laid ????????????/////:wid:

chris L
09-13-2006, 02:28 PM
thank godness Im jewish

Raven
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
The year I got kicked out of the cub scouts for telling the Scoutmaster to F-off (true story) .

i was in the cub scouts on an outing/camping trip... and me and some other kids snuck out and went partying on a screen porch of a nearby cottage smoking cigarettes and talkin about all kinds of things ....and there was a group of nuns inside that said nothing...they just kept quiet and listened in on the conversation in order to learn about how young men think...

we used alot of swear words in those days....and that was the end of the cub scouts :jester:

macojoe
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I got mine today also!! Comes so early!! I am a reciver not a giver!!

"uffah!!"
09-13-2006, 09:04 PM

"Times are Rough...
Times are Hard...
Here's your F*@#ing
Christmas Card!"

How about this one?