View Full Version : Maritime Skiff??

Spooner
05-27-2002, 03:35 PM
Hey Guys,

I am new to these boards, well pretty much.
I have been looking at Maritime Skiffs as a replacement for my current boat. I have been focused mainly on the 18 foot center console but I am starting to swing toward the 20ft only a little more for more boat.

I have talked to several people that have all sworn by their skiffs. I would like your opinions on the boats. I have heard they are dry riding and fuel efficient. What are the drawbacks? Most boats have at least one thing their owners would like to change. If you could change something with your skiff what would it be?Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, what do you think is a comparable boat in quality and or ride etc. (I have also looked at Proline and Aqua Sport)
Mike

Scotch Bonnet
05-27-2002, 05:57 PM
I liked the M-Skiffs when I looked at them. I decided to go with a Carolina Skiff mainly because of price. An 18 ft M-Skiff w/ 80 4 stroke was pushin over $20k and I got 21 ft C-Skiff wide beam w/50 4 stroke for $13k. M-Skiffs will handle the waves alot better but I don't go too far.

05-28-2002, 07:10 AM
A guy at my marina has the 20' Privateer I think it's called. Looks like an okay boat, but the beam seems to be extremely narrow, and very cramped for a 20' boat. Like Scotch says above your money will be better spent on the Carolina Skiff I would think.

Spooner
05-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I see your point on space, they also seem cramped for storage. I haven't looked at the Carolina Skiffs. I have seen a few around but haven't talked to anyone with one. I am not going to get anything in the next few weeks more like November when prices are a little more reasonable. Going used is still not out of the question either.

Thanks guys
Mike