View Full Version : Mannys Last Game...

afterhours
09-15-2006, 06:33 PM
anybody else think that manny has played his last game with the sox? if that clown had a head and a heart he would be one of the very best players ever. so long manny- don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. lookout annahime.......

BigFish
09-15-2006, 07:15 PM
I agree Don...he is a world class slacker! See you Manny....don't forget your hammy!:wave:

Raven
09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
he's a bum

fishsmith
09-15-2006, 07:59 PM
He is not a good example for young players, but his offensive numbers might be unparallelled since he's been here, I love seeing the Sox get hits and he hits alot... and Papi would of been walked instead of hitting walk offs. its a tough call, but I like him, he's done more good than bad. But I was a Pedro fan to.
fire away.

afterhours
09-15-2006, 08:05 PM
i love his talent, stop. he's a boorish primdona, we can get good value for him. gonna see an old fashioned house cleaning this winter. just as long as they keep this infield intact- best i've ever seen.

Squid kids Dad
09-15-2006, 08:18 PM
I dont think his value is that great considering his high salary...I do think he is gone if they can get another team to take him..We shall see...If he had his act togeather he would go down as one of the greatest...To bad he is a ballplayer who doesnt get it...Forgets where he came from and doesnt take the game seriously...Its to bad...:yawn:

afterhours
09-15-2006, 08:40 PM
mike- he only has 2 yrs on contract. angels and mets covet him- can't argue with his #'s.

Canalman
09-16-2006, 11:15 AM
He'll be gone but we'll get chit for him and we'll be picking up part of the tab. I don;t think it's Manny that's the problem, it's Tito... he can't control his players! He's not a manager... he's a baby sitter. Personally I like Manny.. he's one of the best hitters of our time... go ahead and dispute it. I know he's a wacko and I know he's a slacker.. but the Sox LET him get that way and that's THEIR fault.

-Dave

ProfessorM
09-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Without Manny David would not get the pitches to be the hitter he is now. Best back to back hitters in baseball. Ortiz will suffer with out Manny. Hope he stays. P.

luds
09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
C'mon man. It's just Manny being Manny man.

I'll miss him if he leaves!

JohnR
09-17-2006, 05:41 PM
He is the best possible malcontent this team can have and he is not half as bad as he is made out to be... And we lose more than just his production if he goes...

afterhours
09-17-2006, 05:53 PM
bet anyone a nice plug that he's gone by the beginning of next season. i love his #'s as much as anyone, but his act is old- he's a freekin' dog. he's not the only man in the world who can protect ortiz.

Squid kids Dad
09-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Don I agree.....:kewl:

taJon
09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I bet he'll go to the mets.

Mike P
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
The Sox have tried trading Manny for the last two off seasons, with no takers. If the Sox are going to pay the lion's share of his $20 million a year, they may as well keep him until he's a free agent. For all of his weirdness, he's a sure fire first ballot hall of famer and an RBI machine. Trade him, and Ortiz will lead the league in walks next year :humpty:

86 years without a WS win, and you guys want to unload the 2004 Series MVP for a song? If every team knows you really want to unload him, you're not going to get crap for him, and you'll still wind up paying a good piece of his salary.

He might be jaking it right now, but it's not like the Sox are in the midst of a hot race. management has thrown in the towel. You can't really blame Manny for doing the same thing the front office has already done.

And the Mets seem to be doing just fine without Manny, thank you ;) If they thought they needed him to put them over the top, they would have worked out a deal before the trade deadline this year.

MrHunters
09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
isnt it football season :huh:

Raider Ronnie
09-19-2006, 08:59 PM
isnt it football season :huh:

Not out in Oakland !!!:hidin: :bc:

Squid kids Dad
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
:laughs:

JeffH
09-19-2006, 09:57 PM
What Mike said! Without Manny Ortiz' homerun and RBI number drop sharply.

Manny may act casual out there in left but he is actually plays the wall as well as anyone and he has an underated arm. I would have him on my team any day.

stormfish
09-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Funny how we take for granted the things/people we have...:exp:

pmueller
09-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Agree with most of the comments,but the sox have so much more to work on. I guess if they can get a good starter for him. The issue is, besiedes the northeast/west coast market, who's going to pay his bucks?