View Full Version : what to do?

nightfighter
09-17-2006, 07:46 AM
You're on the beach, good surge has pushed in lots of weed and flotsam to the high tide line. You see a short green lobster body missing it's claws in the mess..... Is the tail of the freshly dead lobster fair game to use as bait??????

striprman
09-17-2006, 08:13 AM
If the warden aint around.:eyes:

Blitzseeker
09-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Probably the best bait you can use, but they will throw the book at you if you're caught. I've never done it, but I've seen it done.....both the great fishing results and the poor results with the authorities.

Swimmer
09-17-2006, 11:10 AM
With my luck I know what would happen shortly after throwing the lobster tail in the water attached to a hook at the end of my line. I need an emoticon here with handcuffs on. That would be my luck. :sick:

riarcher
09-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Here in R.I. I rarely ever see a DEM guy at night,,, NEVER out of his truck.
I'd of sliced it lengthwise and used both bait pcs.

tynan19
09-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Elastic band the hook on. Then break it if you have to. I try to abade all laws though.

Joe
09-18-2006, 07:16 AM
The motivation behind the law is to protect the lobster resource...If everyone picked up the near-dead lobsters that washed up after a big blow it would have zero impact on the fishery.
Yet from a strictly legal perspective, you are in violation.
But from a moral perspective - it's not going to make the negative collum when you show up at the pearly gates.

Rockport24
09-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I would use it, but get it in the water fast in case sombody shows up!

piemma
09-18-2006, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=riarcher]Here in R.I. I rarely ever see a DEM guy at night,,, NEVER out of his truck.

you clearly were not on this board when I put the post up about the DEM guy who waded out on the reef at BP to ask me what I was doing....at 2:00AM. They DO get out of their trucks.

tynan19
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
^^ That was a good one.

bloocrab
09-18-2006, 11:12 PM
If it was still alive?? ...hell yeah, it would either end up in a stripers/cunners stomach if the tide picked it up or a sea-gull shuffle if the tide was dropping....why not put it to good use?,,,for a little while anyways...

If it was dead,,, I'd sniff it out for freshness....any odor and I wouldn't waste my time, ..

riarcher
09-19-2006, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=riarcher]Here in R.I. I rarely ever see a DEM guy at night,,, NEVER out of his truck.

you clearly were not on this board when I put the post up about the DEM guy who waded out on the reef at BP to ask me what I was doing....at 2:00AM. They DO get out of their trucks.

But, I've still not seen one. :jump: