View Full Version : Staging Period ..

Tagger
09-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Dead as a doornail the last 2 weeks,,not counting a few schoolys ..Another member eluded to a staging period . I believe its a time bass are preocupied with shcooling up .. somewhere/not where I am . I'm not sure how much this varies up the coast,but in my area its the same period of time every year . If true to years past,the bite will start sometime during the next new moon and will not stop until there gone ..

Slingah
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
calm before the storm........:btu:

Skitterpop
09-17-2006, 01:22 PM
I think if you find them they are looking to feed heavily. I don`t think they stop feeding.

striprman
09-17-2006, 03:47 PM
next week will be good (that's what I keep telling myself)

ProfessorM
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I think that the place we have been getting them, southern CC Bay area, the last several days is a staging spot for fish that have come down from the north of this spot. I feel the local fish, what there was of them, went thru the canal 2 weeks ago. Every year they seem to come to this spot around this time with a little help from the wind direction, although this year has better than some. It is winding down as of today but they had anything but lockjaw. P.

In The Surf
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Staging yes, lock jaw no

Tagger
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
I think that the place we have been getting them, southern CC Bay area, the last several days is a staging spot for fish that have come down from the north of this spot. I feel the local fish, what there was of them, went thru the canal 2 weeks ago. Every year they seem to come to this spot around this time with a little help from the wind direction, although this year has better than some. It is winding down as of today but they had anything but lockjaw. P.
next question .. is the staging area very far off shore ? Boat ?

kennebecstriper
09-20-2006, 05:10 AM
They sure seem to disapeer for a couple of weeks in the river.