View Full Version : 4-wheel drive access

parker23
09-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello gang,
Does anyone have a listing/map of access areas in RI for 4-wheel?
I have not had a permit in many years, any info would be great.

Question 2:
Power pro issues? I lost 2 fish this weekend when setting the hook.
Snapped the line as I set the hook. One fish was pretty sweet.
Line was changed in late July. Maybe the line was nicked by a bluefish/rock. I always remove 10 feet of line and re-tie leaders after a fishing trip.

I hope all of you are enjoying the beginning of a GREAT fall.

tattoobob
09-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I know there was some defective Power pro a year or so ago

gone fishin
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I have a spool of PP 40 lb. that has been snapping with no apparent reason. Last time it snapped off was problaby 50 feet into a cast with a plug and it just parted. The butt end left looked like it had been cut off with a dull nipper. I bet I have only about 1/2 of a 300 ft. spool left. That was a while ago and it seems as though it is fine now. Probably part with a decent catch tho.:devil:

Anyone tried the new Berkleys braid? It seems really smooth to the touch.:uhoh:

RickBomba
09-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Parker, wth you been.
Us Bombas miss you.
Later,
Rick

saajr
09-18-2006, 04:23 AM
you can run from weekapaug breachway to watch hill east beach to the breachway and green hill to charlestown breachway .permit available at burlingame park $50 for resident $100 non

Striperhound
09-18-2006, 05:29 AM
check your guides for the power pro issues. I had the same thing happening and found out I had a small hairline crack in one of my guides doing a number on the power pro. I fixed it and fixed the problem.

SeaWolf
09-18-2006, 08:24 AM
legally, you are not allowed to drive on green hill beach as it is in south kingstown, which does not allow vehicles on the beaches. only beaches westerly, charlestown, and a small section in new shoreham. actual beaches open to driving are available on a paper listing when you purchase your permit. pick one up. know it well and have ALL necessary equipment. all the permit says is that you know the rules and have all the equipment required by law.

Mike P
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
There are much better braids out there than Power Blows.

Try Stren Superbraid or Berkley Big Game braid.

I hear raves about Suffix braid but haven't tried it yet.