View Full Version : Did I miss them??

rikkinroll
09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a new member, and have been fishing Faulkner's Island off Guilford, CT. We usually get into the blues & false albacor pretty well, but haven't had any luck with Stripers. Just wondering if they have run back down south already, not here yet, or maybe our boat is just too ugly for them!

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Not trying to steal any secrets. Just a weekend warrior trying to teach his son the basics.

Thanks.

MrHunters
09-18-2006, 07:55 PM
welcome rikkinroll.

i thought stripers liked the ugly boats the most? :)

they are still around for sure..... perrrooos the forums you will learn a whole bunch.

Finaddict
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Keep at it, it will only get better over the next month plus. There are also a bunch of excellent tackle shops in your area that can provide insight for fishing the region, that also carry plugs made some of the builders on this sight.

libassboy
09-19-2006, 02:13 AM
They are defidently still around, lots of time left to go in the season.

rikkinroll
09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the responses! I used to go to Nantucket with the family a thousand years ago, which was probably the last time I caught a keeper striper. Got 40 schoolies one day in the Bass River this spring, but nothing closer to home. I know they are here, we just have to try to outsmart them. The best we've done out at Faulkner's has been a 32" Bluefish and a 4 foot sand shark. Both fun, but just not quite the same.

Thanks again.