View Full Version : the winds were brutal

fisherwoman
04-26-2000, 08:50 AM
hi john, went to the cape yesterday. I fished shell point at Onset, Buttermilk Bay, and the Agawam river. I have finally gotten my first fish of the season but it was a hard day on the water. The winds were rockin at about 40 mph right in your kisser, which is usualy a good thing but not when they are northern winds. It was nice to see the sunshine though. No fish at shell point or Buttermilk, I picked up 4 small fish at Agawam, I beleive they are hold over fish. No Lice on them at all, but was plenty of lg herring or shad around, and these little buggers were pretty picky. All caught on a little chartreus curly tail grub on 1/2 oz jig. But it was great fun testing the new rod. The tides were not the best as alot of the fishing I did on incoming tide and definately prefer out going. But after 6 hrs, it happened and life is good.

JohnR
04-26-2000, 10:08 AM
But on the plus side - you got fish in lousy conditions, something we may need to get used to for a couple weeks... I'm hoping to do that thing we talked about this weekend, I want your review before it goes up for good...

See ya

fisherwoman
04-26-2000, 10:26 AM
No problem, we will check it out when you are done, i'm sure you will do a fine job, and don't worry have no problem fishing in this stuff as long as there are a few of the little buggers around to hook up.