View Full Version : very sad ..........

freeballin
09-20-2006, 10:22 AM
The Boston Globe

September 8, 2006

Roxbury MA (AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Boston courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. the boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Boston Red Sox, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

bart
09-20-2006, 10:27 AM
:rotf2:

JohnR
09-20-2006, 10:43 AM
You could almost reword it with "choke" and that the boy wants the best choke, and then put in the Yankees...

Mike P
09-20-2006, 10:50 AM
LET'S GO METS

Indulge me. I get to crow like this about once every 20 years. At least you guys usally mnage to extend your season to October :D

There's plenty of room on the bandwagon for Yankee haters of all stripes, ya know ;)

Raven
09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
glad it was merely a joke.

after reading about the woman
who was dragged for a mile
by a car with a rope around her
neck leaving a mile long blood trail
until she was unrecognizable....
i shudder to think what's next.

woulda been cool though if he was in
reality adopted by the redsox as a bat boy.

vineyardblues
09-20-2006, 10:55 AM
NJ,,, guy just what I thought :behead:
VB