View Full Version : hows been the bite @ the canal????

stiff tip
09-21-2006, 04:19 AM
how have you regulars been doing fishin?????:spidey: i havn't seen a lot of acttivity this wk , should be happening soooon... i got a friend , hopin for a call. :call: i been kinda biz-z w/ the tuna , n u know u got to fish 3 days a wk to know whats up on the canal ...:btu: .its time for the run to start...no bait? / no bass..whats up guys ? talk to me.. i dont want your pole # just a starting spot for a cluess buddy w/ plugs-jigs.......:rotfl: :rotfl:

Moses
09-21-2006, 06:15 AM
It's been alright lately for me. I mostly fish the early monring hours before work and am just getting back home now. Fished the turn this monring and caught a few fish over a 3+ hr period. Not the consistency or quality I'd expect this time of year but hoping that changes quickly. Also lots of topwater action around daybreak but these seem to be the smaller fish. All jigs for me.

Mike P
09-21-2006, 08:41 AM
It's been alright lately for me. I mostly fish the early monring hours before work and am just getting back home now. Fished the turn this monring and caught a few fish over a 3+ hr period. Not the consistency or quality I'd expect this time of year but hoping that changes quickly. Also lots of topwater action around daybreak but these seem to be the smaller fish. All jigs for me.

Exactly the same today. Jigged up a lot of small fish, but nothing over 30".

Bigger fish are hit and miss---here one night, gone the next.

And we're still waiting on Fred to take up his perch. Although I thought I caught a glimpse of him poised on a rock about 200' from his usual roost.

I did see a guy carrying out a nice bluefish--teens---down towards the east end.

MikeTLive
09-21-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm canal bound this weekend else I will go nuts.:walk:
the new moon is here :btu:
and I have been checking the tides and currents.:read:
I even PMd a couple folks. :cputin:
I need to get some instruction from you old salts! :chatter:call:

I will settle for anything of a size to take home. :hs:
wether it is striped or blue. :eek:
heck, I would even go for a couple small pollock or a dozen smelts.:drool:
That mackerel in the bait box is looking good now too..:yak:

I need to get fishing.:boots:

if anyone has any extra fish when you are at belsan's swing over by me. :wavey:
I'm on stockbridge now and will put a cooler out on the porch :)
my wife is usually home anyway.:hidin:

PM for the address.
or just drive by looking for little cape with the white mailbox with the little fishies. :kewl: