View Full Version : SWINGING FOR HISTORY

vineyardblues
09-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Went to see the redsox last night and hit on a little history at the same time !

Thanks for the memory and congrats to David Ortiz !
This guy is just great !

VB

52 and counting !

vineyardblues
09-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Forgot to say that I thought the manager made a very bad move pulling Josh Becket after 8 complete and a shut out !!!!!! ..WTF
He was pitching great. :rotf2:
Dumb ,Dumb and :wall:

VB

Slipknot
09-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Ya, congrats to Big Papi :claps: :claps:

I thought of you VB when I heard on the radio the homerun by Ortiz as I was driving to the ditch. I was hoping you'd catch the ball :D

ya, too bad Beckett didn't get the chance to complete the game.

tynan19
09-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Peter, I was there also. Behind home diagnal to the Third Base Line. My wife was saying " we may actually be at the game where he breaks the record" when in mid sentance he smacks the first pitch. I say " Like that" . What a game and even though the season was over the fans where great. A very exciting game and the errors by the Twins especially on that bunt where awesome. $6.50 beers got to be expensive. Santana's first lost since the break also.

vineyardblues
09-22-2006, 07:58 AM
t-19

I bought the 7.25 beers ...lol
We sat 2nd row sec 3 the new provilian seats...mint :drool:
Ya that error was huge, And I am glad we played a great game!
VB

tynan19
09-22-2006, 02:06 PM
The best part of the game for me was when a couple of "Smart" kids held up a large sign. Their sign said "Circle us we go to Harvard". It was a big sign and it took two "smart" kids to hold it. Only problem was they had the sign backwards so the blank part was facing the cameras. They did this until someone pointed out to them the sign was facing the wrong way. I was laughing my ass off.

MrHunters
09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
what a game to see! nice! some salvation to a year we can forget.