View Full Version : Who Says Jersey Guys Suck?

BigFish
09-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Afterhours and I bumped into a crew of Jersey boys over the Hunk this week! Hard fishing boys and good guys to boot! We had alot of laughs....(mostly at DJ Mullers expense :laugha: ) and we talked alot of fishing and showed off each others plugs! Its great times like this, meeting new people and hanging out and doing some hard fishing, that make great memories! Couple of them make some great plugs....hope they show up here!:kewl:

Nice meeting you guys DJ, Bill, Paul, Scott, Bill and Jim!

If you ever get a chance....take a Jersey guy fishing!:tooth:

afterhours
09-23-2006, 03:12 PM
yup good guys and hardcore fishermen. paul and scott make some sweet stuff! dj....well- open the door and toss in the food man feeds well! :laugha: and bill is one of the most enthusiasic fishermen i've met.

BigFish
09-23-2006, 03:14 PM
The only glaring deficiency was they were Yankee fans......but I guess thats better than being a Raiders fan!?!:bl: I did not hold that against them though!:laughs:

ThrowingTimber
09-23-2006, 04:07 PM
What do you have against Yankee fans:huh:

Backbeach Jake
09-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Timbah! Say it ain't so!!:bl: Jersey guys are the best! Love it when they show up! Good bunch!

ThrowingTimber
09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
'tis true Fred I a big fan of the pin stripes :rotf2: Always been, whole family's againt me and my godfather, hey he took me to games when I was a kid and followed them ever since :vamp:

DJ Muller
09-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah it was real good to meet you two guys, it was a shear pleasure. There is nothing better than sitting around after breakfast with serious casters and BS-ing and talking about the mornings action and swapping yarns. :hf1: :rotf2: :bl2:
AH- I won't say anything about throwing me food...when Big Fish went to town on the 8 pieces of french toast I made sure I kept my hands back and had to put my safety goggles on!

BTW these guys make some awesome plugs, (looking anyway) as I haven't got a chance to swim them yet. AH is one of the most serious plug builders that I have met and look forward to running them hard this fall.

BigFish
09-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I see Paul trying to modify his options....welcome CycloneLures!:wave:

cyclonelures
09-23-2006, 09:39 PM
As you all know, I am not too computer savvy. With that said, I just had to come on line all tell all of you about how great it was to meet you and swap fishing stories about the hunk. It was a great experience, caught lots of fish, and met a local that showed Scott and I some spots that most people would usually overlook. My biggest catch was a early morning fish that bottomed out a 30lb bogga grip without any bouncing. Awesome fishing and the one ones that also got away is going to definately make me come back for more. Thanks for the lure, Big Fish and After Hours, they are beautifully crafted and I will put them to the test on the fall run here in Jersey.

BigFish
09-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Nice fish Paul....you failed to show me that pic on the island!:drool:

The Dad Fisherman
09-24-2006, 12:52 AM
The only glaring deficiency was they were Yankee fans......but I guess thats better than being a Raiders fan!?!

No its not......I'd rather admit to following Women's Golf then to be a Yankees Fan.

Pete F.
09-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I was there too, from Sat to Tuesday am. Caught plenty of fish but only 1 very far over 28" That was probably high teens. Met a few Jersey guys on the west end. Found a spot to fish hard the next time. Monday night everyone was headed back just when I was getting to the west end. I was staying at the house on the opposite corner from the lower store. Next time I'll have to stop at the Bass club to see who's there.
Pete

Vermonter
09-24-2006, 09:40 AM
The only glaring deficiency was they were Yankee fans......but I guess thats better than being a Raiders fan!?!:bl: I did not hold that against them though!:laughs:

Nothing is more glaring than being a Yankee fan regardless of which other team you root for, its like rooting for the lions over the Christians.:uhuh:

DJ Muller
09-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Mr. Cyclone makes an awesome swimmer! His lures hold the hard pulling water while staying right on top, something I love to see in a metal-lipped. He is also a good surfcaster to boot, he has that touch that can't be taught.
I wish I had the chance to fish more metal-lips on the Hunk, but the conditions did not permit.

BigFish
09-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah DJ....3 trips out there for me this season and unable to deploy the swimmers....maybe on the NEXT trip!:hihi:

Rappin Mikey
09-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Those friggijn guys from Lex will stomp on your foot with spikes and give yoy a plutg!!! Same Scott from Jersey???

BigFish
09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Not too many gonna stomp on my foot and live to tell the tale Mikey!:devil:

Not the same Scott I am sure....he was a real cool dude!

NIB
09-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Those friggijn guys from Lex will stomp on your foot with spikes and give yoy a plutg!!! Same Scott from Jersey???

Scott from Lex is not from NJ.
He is from Mars..:hihi:
Good to see u guys had a good time.nev
Billy is a good guy.In my club..
A time machine classic.Likes the long rod..
Paul makes a purty plug..

GeoffT
09-24-2006, 04:06 PM
DJ and Billy are two of the hardest-working and talented surf-fishers I know and I'm honored to fish with them on a regular basis. They are most responsible for my rapid learning curve, especially DJ. DJ was me when I caught the 48 lber back in June. I was very happy he was there to share the excitement of my first real trophy fish.

It sucked I couldn't join them in the hunk due to other commitments. :bc: But next year for sure!

doyle007
09-25-2006, 01:21 PM
i have to admit that Jersey guys do suck. of course, i could be biased because i live and fish in southern NJ, and there are always Jersey guys in my spots. although, they must be made out of the same knuckle-headed mold as me, because we keep going back to fish the suds when we know that the beaches down here are flat as can be, have little to know structure to hold fish, and the clam dredgers are clamming a half a mile off of the beach. even with all of those strikes against us, we still continue to do it. i even hurt my chances more by doing it with a flyrod most of the time.

one day i'll take a nice fishing vacation, and venture somewhere where my chances of catching a big one in the surf improve greatly. i may even go as far as central NJ.

chris L
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I heard that the former NJ gov said that NJ guys suck. but he meant it in a good way LOL

GeoffT
09-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I heard that the former NJ gov said that NJ guys suck. but he meant it in a good way LOL

Talk about a friggin' embarrassment for the state. :behead:

chris L
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
yeah it is an embaresment and look where ct gov went for only a freakin year . He sucks too the wife beating scum .oops never mind

I actually know a lot of good people that live in NJ but the gov isnt one of them .

Jimbo
09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Any of you NJ guys that don't suck and will be at Island Beach for this weekends event, I'm going to be by the maintenance building. there's an S-B sticker on my truck. Be nice to meet ya.