View Full Version : whats your wardrobe

MrHunters
09-23-2006, 04:57 PM
This is my first year where I can actually take the boat out deep into the fall.

What is the one or two or five things you do NOT leave the dock without on those 35-40 degree mornings?:wiggle:

taJon
09-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Hat, gloves, waterproof jacket and boots.

thefishingfreak
09-23-2006, 07:53 PM
underwear. :poke:

BigBo
09-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Layers with Grundens. Usually by afternoon, you're peeling off layers, but it's easier to remove than to add what you don't have. The Grundens will block the wind too.

big jay
09-24-2006, 01:03 PM
A float jacket.

Sluggoslinger
09-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Layers with Grundens. Usually by afternoon, you're peeling off layers, but it's easier to remove than to add what you don't have. The Grundens will block the wind too.

I'll second that. I might sleep in a union suit as well, it makes getting out of bed 10 times easier for me when its cold out...

BassyiusMaximus
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
I will be snowmobiling every weekend this winter like I was fishing every weekend this summer so keeping warm for me in cold weather is a no-brainer. Being out when the thermometer reads -10 in the bright sun and no wind, then at 40 mph on a snowmobile and it can be cold. Nonetheless, I'll be taking the boat to my house in a week or two or 3 and fishing the North Shore for the remainder of the mackerel and cod season and whatever else will bite into November so I'll be dressing warm. No matter what, I'll have my foul weather gear on as my last layer and a life jacket on underneath or over everything as the life-jacket will definitely add insulation and is really good to boot. If it gets warm I peel off whatever I need to to stay comfy.