View Full Version : Last weeks spotless report

tattoobob
09-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I fished all of last week, except Wednesday, Sunday morning we fished 5am to 10am we caught Blue fish and Stripers all on lures and tins, Monday into Tuesday I caught over 50 fish and most were caught on sea worms but 20 were caught on metal at dusk in a blitz. Tuesday morning when I was cleaning up I had 3 worms left so as I cleaned I threw one rod in. First fish was 20 inches second was 35 inches 14.5 pounds.(pic in Surfland wal-o-fame)

Slept most of Wednesday

Thursday Morn back on the beach the day was slow with only a small schoolie here and there, As I watched Blue fish crush bait on the other side of the sand bar and they never made it in, At dusk as I was putting lights on my rod tips a striper blitz broke out right in front of me. I got about 15 schoolies all 14 to 20 inces one was pushing keeper size, it lasted about an hour. that night it was on fire with all the fish were 24 to 30 inches 5 being 28 to 30.5 inches. over 60 fish caught. I went to sleep about 3 am. FRiday morning I went to town and had breakfast. I got back at noon hight tide, and it was slow with only one fish but I didn't want to waste worms on dinks so it was a half hearted atempt.
A blitz at dusk that was out of range and I landed 7 when they moved in close enough. Night time was so so fishing as the beach got really crowded. weekend warriors. as complete darkness fell the rangers with there high beams put the fish down for about 3 hours then around 11pm they started to come back. I got 30 fish and 1 27" 1 31" and 2 26" everything else was 14 to 25 inches, I went to sleep at 3:30am when it died for over an hour, I got up Saturday and it was raining so I packed and left fish blitzing all infront of where I was set up but my thumb is so raw I choose not to fish and just head home.

striprman
09-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a great time. My fishing spot was pretty dead this morning.:huh: