View Full Version : Bumps

numbskull
09-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm confused.
How many bumps constitutes a successful night?
Do big bumps count for more than little bumps (at least when fishing)?
Do they have to be confirmed?
Is two bumps on one cast a blitz?
If you got rock weed on your hook, does that mean you can't count it as a bump?
Is using jigs to get bumps unsporting?
When you get a bump, should you try to disguise it?
Do you keep your bumps, or share them with your neighbors?
When there are no more bumps, does that mean you bumped 'em out?
Do bumps mean you didn't get skunked?
Please?

MotoXcowboy
09-24-2006, 12:49 PM
strippers at the foxy :beat: is like bumps

in the end..you still skunked.

:smokin:

Tagger
09-24-2006, 12:54 PM
only horse shoes and handgranades ,,, no bumps don't count ,, They are even an insult . I take em as "your plug sux, just letting you know ".. I rarely get a bump ..:wave:

BigFish
09-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Bumps are subsurface....whacks are topwater....there is a difference in my world! Whacks are good on top but bumps also stink here! Better to get whacked than bumped!:jester:

Flaptail
09-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Bumps are the fishes way of saying "close but no cigar".
But on the other hand.....
Bumps from Rockweed or any other free floating or afixed marine flora do not count.
Bumps cannot be shared
Bumps are meant to be personal
Bumps mean you got the right idea at the wrong time
Bumps have yet to be proven as being fish they maybe be crustacea or gelatinous
Bumps are reminders that no matter how good you are the fish know better
Bumps are frustrating
Bumps are bumps. period

tattoobob
09-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Bumps also could be tail wacks and a short pause could get couple a hook ups. but also frustrating

Slipknot
09-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Bumps are like a dropped pass in football. They don't count. like flap said, keep it to yourself. they let you know there are fish in the area so it's a good thing but does not make a good night, you need to actually catch them not just get action by bumps.

Bigfish obviously does not jig the canal, or he would know that Whacks are what the fish do to your jig at times in the big ditch, they do NOT bump a jig in the canal, they whack it. This year for some strange reason we seem to be getting many hits while not hooking up, maybe we need the full moon or something.

l.i.fish.in.vt
09-24-2006, 03:23 PM
bumps are for skiing not fishing

Slingah
09-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I used to do the bump at the school dances in the 70's......to me that counted

Tagger
09-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I used to do the bump at the school dances in the 70's......to me that counted
Thats an image I don't want to picture . Lets not bring this up again .. I had a "disco sux" t-shirt in high school .

Tagger
09-24-2006, 03:55 PM
bumps are for skiing not fishing
Hey stranger... be hitting the slopes soon enough.. keeps me in rock hoppin shape .

Slingah
09-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Thats an image I don't want to picture . Lets not bring this up again .. I had a "disco sux" t-shirt in high school .
okay...deal........I did it once, for a girl....I was in the 7th grade or something.... :tooth: .....I was listeneing to theWHO @ 10.....

Tagger
09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
okay...deal........I did it once, for a girl....I was in the 7th grade or something.... :tooth: .....I was listeneing to theWHO @ 10.....
No problem ... only when bump turns into horrizontal mombo .. :humpty:

MrHunters
09-24-2006, 05:35 PM
i get the same excitement/adreneline rush small large or medium bumps...

its what feeds the addiction

striprman
09-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I like the bumps that come back a second time

JohnR
09-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I had a "disco sux" t-shirt in high school .

And "Death Before Disco" written on the paper bag book covers with a handdrawn dagger going thru a Disco Ball :zup: :tooth:

So if it was the Who, Led Zep, Kinks, Stones, Floyd, Van Halen, and Ozzy then - and you still listen to it today. Does that mean todays 20 year old will be listening to Justin Timberlake in 20 years :huh: :eek5:

thortum
09-24-2006, 06:43 PM
I think a bump to a plug fisherman is the same as a Tap or hit is to a fly fisherman. Same results! Can anyone explain how hits on a 3" fly end with same results as your bumps?

afterhours
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
it's a nah nah, nah nah nah from the fish.

nightprowler
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
So if it was the Who, Led Zep, Kinks, Stones, Floyd, Van Halen, and Ozzy then - and you still listen to it today. Does that mean todays 20 year old will be listening to Justin Timberlake in 20 years :huh: :eek5:
god i hope not, im 25 and listen to the Who, Led Zep, Kinks, Stones, Floyd, Van Halen, and Ozzy....if someone is still listening to justin timberlake in 20 years ill volunteer to jump into swells like this weekend from a rocky perch....bye bye:gorez: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Slingah
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
a bump...while not counting at all...is still better than a sniff

stiff tip
09-25-2006, 04:18 AM
i got bumps on my head, from chace-n parked cars.... does that count???????????