View Full Version : bucktails at night

mrstriper
09-26-2006, 10:16 PM
wondering if white or chartreuse bucktail jigs work at night...also does white or red pork rind work at night...what are some of your night color combos... and how many use at night in the surf... thanks...looking at more options for night,mainly because I don't carry enough as is :blush:

capesams
09-27-2006, 06:07 AM
most colors work at nite...from the ditch to out front of south beach...white-black-pink-green-purple an colored combo's. white/purple..green/white..black/.red to name a few.

NIB
09-27-2006, 06:14 AM
White, black, red,green,chartruse..all the colors of the spectrum.Took some of my best fish on a bucktail at night.Better fish are always near the bottom.Drag a bucktail in on a sandy beach or any where's u have some sweep they shine..For trailors I run the gamut also.any thing u can stick on a hook.Grubs,shads,sluggo's,Fin-S,all kinds of rubber worms,every type of pork u can imagine.For the most part all at night..
I like to use a 4 or 5" white shad on a 1 oz' smilin bill in the fall.especiallin blitz type conditions single hook releases are easy an they almost always take the best fish..Adjust ur trailor size to effect ur sink rates bigger trailors sink slower...

The Iceman 6
09-27-2006, 08:02 AM
I just dont think you can go wrong with a bucktail day or night!

riarcher
09-28-2006, 01:08 AM
So many way to fish it, and so many ways to dress it up. Possibly the most versatile lure out there. From a tied on eel skin to nothing at all. Uppermans and Smilin Bills are my favorites in that order.

mrstriper
09-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks...