View Full Version : What I did yesterday

Raider Ronnie
10-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Took a ride to the New Jersey boat show yesterday and went for a 2hr boat ride leaving from Jersey City (Hudson River)
My 1st time ever on the water in New York harbor (been to New York & New Jersey plenty of times by land)
Saw the statue of liberty and Manhattan up close and it got me thinking ,
This is where it all happened ( 9-11 )
I'm pretty sure we drove past the site where the towers once stood on the way back to Ma. ( saw some Trump buildings close by also) (New York traffic SUCKS !!! even on a sat. )
Kind of a strange feeling knowing I was where so many people died that day and how congested the whole river is and so many people must have watched the 2 planes hit the buildings and eventually the towers coming down!!!
I was very suprised of how close we were able to bring a boat to the statue without port or some other kind of security ready to move us out !!!
I hope people haven't forgotten allready!!!

Swimmer
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
She is one grand lady, Ronnie!

BigFish
10-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I have made the climb up to the crown when I was in school....great field trip to New York! Took the Staten Island Ferry over....that was memorable...the Statue is amazing especially inside!:btu:

I will never ever forget!

taJon
10-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I fly over ground zero pretty often and its kinda weird to see the holes still there.
The two beams of light at night though is kinda neat.