View Full Version : Verizon Cell Phone?

luds
10-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm getting a new cell because I've had it with Nextel. Going with Verizon because my girlfriend and most other friends have it.

Hoping you gentlemen could recommend a good phone that you've had a good experience with. Cheaper is better if the phone works well.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-Mike

Karl F
10-02-2006, 12:29 PM
LG, or motorola.. had good luck with both.
have a cheap LG camera phone now, works out fine for me.

BigFish
10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Cingular is better....never a problem with reception like just about everyone else I know of!:call:

luds
10-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Cingular is better....never a problem with reception like just about everyone else I know of!:call:

I was going to go Cingular but the free in-plan calling with Verizon will benefit me alot because my girlfriend has it and she :chatter :chatter :chatter :chatter .

Slingah
10-02-2006, 12:41 PM
I just got a Razor from Motorola......slim...like it alot

Saltheart
10-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I like the white samsung fliphone model. no camera , just a basic phone but the display has big letters you can read without glasses.

luds
10-02-2006, 01:00 PM
I just got a Razor from Motorola......slim...like it alot

I was going to get that but I fear that it could be easily broken.

Slingah
10-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I was going to get that but I fear that it could be easily broken.
seems pretty durable......have not dropped it yet though...and it fits nice in small zip lock bag in my pocket if I take it fishing.........

luds
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I like the white samsung fliphone model. no camera , just a basic phone but the display has big letters you can read without glasses.

Do you know the model number? They have quite a few Samsung phones without camera's.

Saltheart
10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Samsung SGHX495

reelecstasy
10-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I have had my razor for a few months now, no complaints at all. it isn't that flimsy..and you can put it in your pocket instead of clipping it to your belt......
I dropped it on the floor of my truck, though it was an empty pack of smokes under my foot and stomped it a few times to crush the box, :hs:
then I realized it was my phone, few scratches but other than that no problem, pretty durable if you ask me....

luds
10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Samsung SGHX495

Thanks

capesams
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
went to the verizon shop last x-mas to get the wife a new phone..a friend works there..but had a salesman wait on me...they both said to pick out a phone you like..then hit e-bay...save yourself a few hundred....bring it back an we'll activate it for you.....guess their phone are abit over priced.

Bigcat
10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
The wife and I just got new V325 Motorolas I am very happy with them.

Katie
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
i have a nokia phone - dropped it quite a few times.. and get great signal with it everywhere

Karl F
10-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Take advantage of any deals they might have, if not in store check their website.. got my LG for $15 after the rebate.....had it for about a year now, no issues..

JohnR
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Check letstalk.com and see if you can find a deal ;)

gone fishin
10-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Just upgraded my phone from the old startech phone to a new Motorola V 325. I think most phones are basically the same. The features that I was most interested are the ability to switch between analog and digital signals. This phone has 3 ways to get a signal. Analog, digital and satellite. It may seem insignificant unless you spend a lot of time on the road. I also have a camp in the Rangely ME area and the ONLY signal available is analog. Most salesmen do not know anything about the different signals and will tell you that they have digital towers everywhere. You always can tell when a salesman is lying because his or her lips are moving!:af:

Version only has a couple of phones that cover all signals. Look and ask before purchasing one. The V 325 has all the bells and whistles with the exception of Bluetooth capabilities. Runs about 100 bucks with a 50-buck rebate from Motorola. Final cost is about 50 bucks. I got my phone at BJ Verizon and they also threw in the car charger, a case, earphone dodad and programmed it from my old phone saving my telephone book and settings.:hee:

luds
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I went with the Razor for $80 on-line. Not bad I think. I'll have to wait and see.

Pete_G
10-03-2006, 07:29 AM
A good friend of mine had an impressive display of Razor durability.

He left it on the roof of his car while getting out of his waders and drove away, in the process running over the phone.

It was over an hour before he realized it was missing and where he lost it. A good rainstorm had passed since then. When he got back not only was it run over it was underwater in a puddle, still lit up from a recently missed call.

It worked for 4 more days before finally calling it quits. There's something to be said for phones with metal frames. I had (I believe the model was V60) an old Moto with a metal body and it was by far the toughest phone I have ever owned.

Saltheart
10-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Where online for $80?

RickBomba
10-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Got a razor for my girl at the Verizon store for free (after rebate)...maybe because she's been with them for two different contract periods.
She loves it.
Later,
Rick