View Full Version : Striper Stress

RIJIMMY
10-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Not on the fish, but me…….do you guys go through this?

Every week I agonize over where and when to fish.
What spots should I hit? Should I go to my usual areas, even though they have not been good lately? Should I try some new areas, even though I am not familiar with them, I may get lucky or I may waste valuable fishing time looking for access/parking or fishable structure.
Should I fish dusk into night or night into dawn? What about tides? What will the wind and waves look like?

Packing a seasons worth of expectations into a night on the water drives me nuts………..will I finally get the big girl this weekend????? As soon as I hit the water, the clock starts ticking…………

Sluggoslinger
10-03-2006, 09:56 AM
For me its just the opposit. I daydream about where I might go and what I'll do. Think about the good times. Even if I don't get a fish, I still accomplish my goal of getting out on the water (sometimes it takes me a day or two to come to that when I get skunked)

I got two dinks this AM and it was perfect. My day is all set and I arrived to work feeling fresh. Stripers keep me sane.

RIJIMMY
10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
You're right, Im exactly the opposite. I know people are getting decent fsih adn I want to be one of them. I have to prove to myslef that I can "get it right".