View Full Version : Duxbury Blitz

MarshCappa
10-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Surfcasting yesterday afternoon in Duxbury and it was just an explosion of bass and bait. I arrived at 4pm with calm waters and 2-3' clear waves coming in at low tide. At 4:10 someone turned on the jets in the hot tub and fish busted everywhere. For the next hour I caught schoolie after schoolie with nothing bigger than 20". All caught on top with plug. No keepers but the action was constant and so much fun. I read about blitzes all the time for everyone else but myself and finally I got to experience one for myself. I was the only surfcater on the beach and attracted lots of curious on lookers taking their walks. I wish I could end everyday like that! The only thing missing was the keeper but there's always today!

reelecstasy
10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
bay side?

bttfish
10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Kool dude! Next time the big one will bite.. Keep at it and thanx for the info.:btu:

tattoobob
10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I love that kind of fishing
If you use a tin or jig cast past the blitz let it sink and reel kinda slow
most times there are bigger fish lower in the water also try the sides

nightfighter
10-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I was slamming them there with a Mac pencil from noon til 230. On the south end where you need a beach permit during summer. Blitz ran right past a dead sticker, who couldn;t believe they bypassed his chunks! Was low tide, so you could see fish inside the curl of three waves at the same time! I had a first timer with me.... probably thinking it will be like that everytime out! Saw nothing at Pegotty or Egypt, which we checked out after it died down. Should have gone back, I guess. Chris, ocean side, nothing in bay.

MarshCappa
10-05-2006, 12:51 PM
But this time not as concentrated a blitz. These were more like micro blitz's. After catching 2 schoolies with plugs I switched to a big sluggo and let it sink and reeled real slow. Got 2 25" fish but that was it. At least I'm going in the right direction. Here's to the fall blitz never ending!:cheers:

Moses
10-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Nice!!!

I may swing by the front beach tomorrow on my venture down from Scituate. Hopefully I see more of the same......