View Full Version : Canal?

ProfessorM
10-05-2006, 08:47 AM
OK we will try this again. If you like to plug we have a few days of strong NW to NE winds, full moon approching, nice low tides in the early AM and PM, dropping temps, plenty of fish to the north, what else am I forgetting :huh: ? What do you think will it happen in the next week or so in this neck of the woods? P.

reelecstasy
10-05-2006, 08:49 AM
It is on Paul, no doubt.

zimmy
10-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I hope it is this weekend :heybaby:

Flaptail
10-05-2006, 09:08 AM
P, the right conditions are there now it's up to the fish. The halfbeaks are outside in numbers at the east end. Hopefully some sea herring and macks show but the water is still a tad warm. That bunch of fish on the South Shore/Plymouth/Duxbury has to move and when they do lookout. Will it be this set? An October Noreaster with falling temps and nasty weather usually gives them the command. We will see and keep our fingers crossed.

NIB
10-05-2006, 09:16 AM
P, the right conditions are there now it's up to the fish. The halfbeaks are outside in numbers at the east end. Hopefully some sea herring and macks show but the water is still a tad warm. That bunch of fish on the South Shore/Plymouth/Duxbury has to move and when they do lookout. Will it be this set? An October Noreaster with falling temps and nasty weather usually gives them the command. We will see and keep our fingers crossed.

An fish move on the moon...

ProfessorM
10-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey Tony do you live up here now? I live 20 min. away and work on Cape and you are fishing the canal more than me. I am getting jealous. P.

NIB
10-05-2006, 09:28 AM
NIB is everywhere..
1000 miles a week on my truck in the last 6 weeks.
The guy at the oil change place is my best friend..
5** tides this weekend..I'm droolinig.
i just poured a dozen 6 oz balls wit 10/0 hooks.
I gotta work friday though.
No thursday night for NIB..:(
An my buddy is on the DL..
Get well soon Skip..

Mike P
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I told ya Tony---there are 4 houses for sale in my development, and there's plenty of work for a good tile man. Heck, there's more work for a good tile man than there is for a good lawyer :rotfl:

ProfessorM
10-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I fished with a friend of yours this past week over on the Vineyard, Chum. What a nice guy. Talk about plugs. I got a few nice ones.

NIB
10-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I fished with a friend of yours this past week over on the Vineyard, Chum. What a nice guy. Talk about plugs. I got a few nice ones.

Matt is a good guy..
One of if not the best builder painter there is..

NIB
10-05-2006, 09:38 AM
I told ya Tony---there are 4 houses for sale in my development, and there's plenty of work for a good tile man. Heck, there's more work for a good tile man than there is for a good lawyer :rotfl:

How much tile work would get done if I lived up there.
It's 1030 now an I still haven't left.
An i only did a few hrs last night..
I'll be goin till the mets start tonite..

Moses
10-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Me thinks this weekend is going to be fun in the Canal and in Cape Cod Bay.:jump:

I'll start finding out tomorrow as I'm getting an early start on the long weekend. Gonna try some shore fishing early, starting in the Scituate area and then making my way down to the Canal for the West turn for a few hrs. Hopefully I'll post some good news.

ProfessorM
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
It will be tough sledding in CC BAy this weekend with the wind direction. Maybe if you part the waters we can shore fish out there. Skips on the DL?? Skip:bl2: . Sorry to hear that. p.

crash
10-05-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm just trying to figure out canal or scituate tonight? Havent fished for like 5 days because of work :(

njrisurfcaster
10-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Moses def post how you did...planning on making the trip out there on the weekend but good news always make it more exciting!

Mike P
10-05-2006, 01:20 PM
How much tile work would get done if I lived up there.
It's 1030 now an I still haven't left.

:as:

Try getting ahold of a contractor, plumber, electrician, or getting your car fixed, on the Vineyard during the Derby :rotf3:

Mr. Sandman
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
:as:

Try getting ahold of a contractor, plumber, electrician, or getting your car fixed, on the Vineyard during the Derby :rotf3:

The excuse is " I am all tied up at the moment".:rolleyes:

Slipknot
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Ya, Skip is on the DL :(
just got back from the doc
got some muscle relax pills, he calls them a massage in a bottle.
I' m out for 10 days or so:whackin: :hang:

winds are looking like what is needed to cool off the water and heat up the fishing
maybe I can sit and watch NIB catch'em

Mike P
10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, Bruce :( You going to stop by Mike's on Saturday anyway?

JPowers
10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Real sorry to hear this, Bruce. Won't be the same without you - truly.

Hope your feeling better real soon.

JP

reelecstasy
10-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Can't believe those 13 acres sold. I loved that spot, enjoy it while it lasts :hs:

Skitterpop
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Ya, Skip is on the DL :(
just got back from the doc
got some muscle relax pills, he calls them a massage in a bottle.
I' m out for 10 days or so:whackin: :hang:

winds are looking like what is needed to cool off the water and heat up the fishing
maybe I can sit and watch NIB catch'em

I`ll carry a chair for you but it could be torturous watching :smokin:

Slipknot
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear that, Bruce :( You going to stop by Mike's on Saturday anyway?

not sure yet but I doubt it

t.orlando
10-05-2006, 03:42 PM
not sure yet but I doubt it
C'mon Bruce, we can have a Disabled section

tynan19
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
T can you ride a bike?

t.orlando
10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
T can you ride a bike?
No way Jose

NIB
10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
10 days they will be gone by then..
So how ya feelin skip
Like rubberman??
Well get a coupla wheelchairs an wheel em down the road.
Strap em in chock the wheels an let em reel fish in..
Why don't we do it in the road........

Mike P
10-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Well get a coupla wheelchairs an wheel em down the road.
Strap em in chock the wheels an let em reel fish in..
Why don't we do it in the road........

And he'll still probably be throwing 30 yards past me and Powers :spin: :rotfl:

numbskull
10-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Skip, have you been able to work?

NIB
10-05-2006, 06:34 PM

Skip's been down since tuesday.
Not able to work an he has a job to finish.

Slipknot
10-05-2006, 06:35 PM

not yet,not since Monday, I tried to do some, (in the middle of making some solid surface countertops for a job where my customer is waiting for them and the cabinets too, which are ready and in the trailer to be delivered.)
can't work while on muscle relaxants.
Massage is helping, maybe one more and I'll see better results.

sorry, don't mean to hijack Pauls' thread

ProfessorM
10-06-2006, 08:32 AM
it"s ok Skip:smash: If you need a hand give me a yell.

Moses
10-06-2006, 06:20 PM
OK, heres my report.

Headed out around 4am to try some plugging along the shore. Started in Scituate, then Duxbury, then down to Sandwich area. After 2.5 hrs of fruitless effort, I started jigging the east end of the canal, Cape side.

Wind was very tough and made a pronounced bow in the line. Few pics of the east end this monring just after sunrise.

Moses
10-06-2006, 06:25 PM
So, I headed to a spot east of the Herring Run, somewhat protected. Second cast I hook into something strong, peels me back to my backing (I was quite surprised to see mono backing on my reel) and then broke me off.

Although excited, I have no backup reel so I head to Canal Bait & Tackle and Carl J (Angler#1) respools me and we chat for a little. What a great guy.

I head back to the same area 30 minutes later and I see this? I'd still like to think I had a large bass on but who knows......

Moses
10-06-2006, 06:27 PM
After the west turn. I fished the west end mainland side and proceed to land several in the 25 - 35" range. After about 1.5 hrs, my 5 ozs jigs were not holding bottom so I called it quits.

I still think sunday & monday will produce some nice fish.

Good luck everyone.

ProfessorM
10-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the report Mike. I am banking on Wed. I will try tomorrow at a very South Plymouth area beach. Maybe drag Chum there. So nothing on the way down. Mike I think you mean CC Charlies. Karl doesn't work for Bruce. Karl is a great guy. P.

Moses
10-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Across from the old Quintals? Maybe, my first time in.....

ProfessorM
10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Yup. Garys' place. C.C. Charlies. If you said some grouchy sob than you would be at Bruces:laugha:

MikeTLive
10-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I am gonna try sunday and maybe tomorrow on the canal.

I got my tiny tin rowboat in the water last weekend.
gonna run it up the NorthRiver some more :)