View Full Version : Jrvis Walker...

ripitsik
10-05-2006, 10:40 AM
what do you guys think about their reels>> crap? or are they worht buying? Looking up some shimano and quantum reels online and I always see Jarvis WALKER reels come up with them

Mike P
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Jarvis Walker reels are absolute CRAP. Don't waste your money--you can get a Spheros for not a lot more, if not for the same price.

DaveS
10-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Garbage. Jarvis Walker is a brand sold thru Henry's Tackle, a big tackle distributor. Like Mike and I said, Garbage.

mikecc
10-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Garbage. Jarvis Walker is a brand sold thru Henry's Tackle, a big tackle distributor. Like Mike and I said, Garbage.

JW has nothing to do with Henry's Tackle.
JW is owned and dist by Folsom Corp (Tsunami) out of NJ.

And yes reels are CRAP

DaveS
10-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Your right Mike, I knew it was one of them two and I didnt have my catalogs handy:kewl:

tattoobob
10-06-2006, 07:29 AM
It is a huge ebay item and they say it is a Penn owned Company?
I had one and it seemed like a 1 season reel but I only used it 1
or 2 times then sold it. good reel for a beginner or kid

ripitsik
10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I thought so.. I was lookin it up and readin about it and they had all these so called great things to say about it but it costs like 20 bucks lol. Didnt make any sense to me. I was lookin to invest in a quantum cabo pt or a stradic for a new 11ft heavy series tsunami I just bought. What do you guys think? I just havent been finding too much distance when I cast out with my rod right now. Its a Tsunami 10 footer, so I am trying to find better gear for next season.

JFigliuolo
10-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I thought so.. I was lookin it up and readin about it and they had all these so called great things to say about it but it costs like 20 bucks lol. Didnt make any sense to me. I was lookin to invest in a quantum cabo pt or a stradic for a new 11ft heavy series tsunami I just bought. What do you guys think? I just havent been finding too much distance when I cast out with my rod right now. Its a Tsunami 10 footer, so I am trying to find better gear for next season.

I fished that tsunami (10 ft) for 2 years and had zero complaints w/distance. I used both a Penn slammer 560 and a VS200.

tattoobob
10-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Check out this one; http://www.surfrats.com/montauk/viewtopic.php?t=3559

basswipe
10-08-2006, 08:28 AM
The Spheros is the best bang for the buck out there.I love mine.My 8000 is a first year production reel and still workin fine.That's enough seasons that I've stopped counting.

Now that Quantum will be adding a size 70 and 80 to the Cabo/Boca line I think I will possibly be investing in a Cabo.

DaveS
10-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Now that Quantum will be adding a size 70 and 80 to the Cabo/Boca line I think I will possibly be investing in a Cabo.

Already out and available, will be playing around with one Tuesday.

basswipe
10-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Already out and available, will be playing around with one Tuesday.

Can't find any up my way.Where'd you buy yours?

ripitsik
10-10-2006, 11:13 AM
So you guys think the new cabo pt is a good addition to a 12 ft tsunami heavy edition?? Yeah I was gonna ask that too. Hey Dave where did you buy yours and how much??

Sluggoslinger
10-10-2006, 11:39 AM
what do you guys think about their reels>> crap? or are they worht buying? Looking up some shimano and quantum reels online and I always see Jarvis WALKER reels come up with them

C-R-A-P

Fished one on friday on a friends boat and offered to throw it overboard as a favor a couple times. Total junk:nailem:

DaveS
10-11-2006, 12:31 AM
So you guys think the new cabo pt is a good addition to a 12 ft tsunami heavy edition?? Yeah I was gonna ask that too. Hey Dave where did you buy yours and how much??

I was given it by a distributor (Cabo 70) to try out. I'll give ya the scoop in a few days ;)