View Full Version : Directions To the Get Together Saturday

STEVE IN MASS
06-03-2002, 07:14 AM
Since I've had 4 or 5 people ask me, I figured I'd post it:

These are from the North/Providence Area. You guys coming from the south will have to get them elsewhere, as since I know how to do it, some others might be able to explain better.....;)

Get yourself on 95 South near TF Green Airport. About five miles past the Airport, you will see Route 4 South, Kingston- Narragansett-Point Judith-South County exit. The exit is on the LEFT.

Take 4 south until it ends and merges with Route 1 South.
Follow Route 1 south past the Point Judith exit and past the Charlestown exits. About 7-8 miles past Charlestown is an exit for Route 1a South/Misquamicut State Beach. LEFT EXIT. Take Route 1a and follow the signs to the State Beach.

You will come to the Weekapaug Breachway. Go over the bridge and Don's shop is immediately on the right.

Timing - I live 4 minutes from the Foxboro/MAnsfield entrance to Route 95. It takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes with no traffic.

See ya there!

JohnR
06-03-2002, 08:46 AM
A couple updates to the directions:

Easiest way is to take 95 north or south to exit 92 east ( t'wards the shore & not Foxwoods :eek5: ). You will come to a light at a large intersection and take a left (you'll see signs for Westerly & the Rhode Island Beaches - RT 78). About half mile on right is the ramp for route 78 which will bring you almost to Watch Hill & Weekapaug after 5 miles or so. At the end is RT1, take a left to go north. At the nexy major Intersection is Dunne's Corner, take right. This is Weekapaug Rd. You'll go straight thru 1 intersection at RT1a and travel abouit 1.5 miles, water from the inlet at Weekapaug Breachway will be on your right. Shortly after docks on your right, you'll see the bridge on Atlantic Ave going over the inlet (just before the breachway). Weekapaug B&T is the second building on your right, head to the back parking lot...

If all else fails, look for smoke from grilles :D

http://striped-bass.com/images/dir_week_2a.gif

http://striped-bass.com/images/dir_week_1a.gif

Steve - you should try going 95, often faster when you're going all the way to Westerly... You can also take the last exit in Rhody for Watch Hill (RT3 I think) and that will take you to 78 as well but that can be real slow with traffic sometimes...

STEVE IN MASS
06-03-2002, 09:41 AM
John - I have done that in the past, once or twice. Thought it was about the same, but on a nice Sturday Afternoon in the summer, I agree, it's probably better than dealing with the beach traffic on Route 4 and Route 1.

I've only done both routes at like 4-5 in the AM, so there were no traffic issues.....:)

JohnR
06-04-2002, 07:39 PM
:smash:

kippy
06-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the directions Steve. I'll meet up with you at the tackle shop at 3. Hopefully we'll be able to get into some cows on Saturday!:D

JohnR
06-08-2002, 08:38 AM
bump