View Full Version : Front page ?

marshmurderer
10-06-2006, 11:51 PM
ive been reading here for some time now and have not commented but is it me or does that pic of the guy carrying the two bass down the dock look staged. i mean it is not even remotely convincing. congrats to the angler but it looks staged big time. maybe a backpack/plug pouch and a rod on the shoulder. no hard feelings but it looks like a mate dragging bass to a clients car from the charter boat. no enthusiasim. nice bass though.

DaveS
10-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Far from staged, and that guy earned them fish out on Cuttyhunk.

zacs
10-07-2006, 02:35 AM
why would you chose that to be your first post. Of all the great topics discussed and you chose to criticize??? Of course everyone is entitiled to their oppinion, but still.... your first post???
PRETTY LAME.

_Z_

Raven
10-07-2006, 04:26 AM
thats goose! our own Hollywood actor...

he got paid $29,000.00 just for that pic
from usa today....and saltwater sportsman

and then HE bought a new boat...

we just bought the fish for $100 each.

so we could make a new front page.

everyone chipped in. :wiggle:

MAC
10-07-2006, 04:31 AM
ive been reading here for some time now and have not commented but is it me or does that pic of the guy carrying the two bass down the dock look staged. i mean it is not even remotely convincing. congrats to the angler but it looks staged big time. maybe a backpack/plug pouch and a rod on the shoulder. no hard feelings but it looks like a mate dragging bass to a clients car from the charter boat. no enthusiasim. nice bass though.

?????? Staged???????

I was out on Cutty the weekend Goose caught those bass. This picture was taken the next day as he was carrying them to the cleaning station to filet them. Staged:hs:

nightfighter
10-07-2006, 04:44 AM
AND...that photo was AFTER he had been back to New Bedford to get them weighed in, since the Cuttyhunk weighmaster was not going to be available until the fish lost another two or three pounds. Understand your view, but 18 of us out there will tell you the pic represents the end of his hard work.

But welcome!

BigBo
10-07-2006, 05:33 AM
You probably couldn't be any further from the truth. Goose fishes hard and deserves his pic on the front page. I like that shot.:smokin:

BigFish
10-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Marshmaggot.....take your marbles and go home....they are rolling all around this thread and I would hate to see you lose anymore! You got alot of nerve coming in here on your first post and slamming the integrity of another member who you have never even met!!:fishslap:

Now shove off and have a great day!!:kewl:

JohnR
10-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Marshmaggot.....take your marbles and go home....they are rolling all around this thread and I would hate to see you lose anymore! You got alot of nerve coming in here on your first post and slamming the integrity of another member who you have never even met!!:fishslap:

Now shove off and have a great day!!:kewl:

Big Fish Larry - lighten up just a smidgen please... It is not like you haven't stepped on your crank on occasion :buds: :rotf2:

Marsh - totally unstaged. Totally Legit. Goose is an honest guy, hard fisherman, and a former Marine (those three comments go well together I think :tooth: ). There were 17 or so of use from S-B there. Totally legit. Well, unless you consider that they were a couple pounds heavier 6 hours before ;) .

BigFish
10-07-2006, 07:14 AM
I told him to have a great day??:huh:

BigBo
10-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Always the gentleman.:tooth:

Skitterpop
10-07-2006, 08:04 AM
shades of BassAddict :devil2:

I think its a great photo :uhuh:

tattoobob
10-07-2006, 08:13 AM
no enthusiasm, is probably due to being up for 36 hrs. and if you saw his underwear on the back deck after he changed they were there for hours no one would touch them even tho they looked new out of the package until someone covered them with an old eel box. oh the memories. I think by all the posts you can most likely put a great story together

Raider Ronnie
10-07-2006, 10:36 AM

I'de bet more than a few here would like to tell you Larry to take your marbles , go home and don't come back !!!
Lighten up !!!:fishslap:

reelecstasy
10-07-2006, 10:57 AM
I think that clears things up. Respect the pic, he earned it.

Slipknot
10-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I took that picture of Goose along with a bunch more of him and those fish. We tortured him by making him hold them up while we clicked away on the dock the day after as was stated, he was on his way to the cleaning station. I think Ross was nice enough to him by bringing him an ice cream.
So I staged the picture, what's the point?
I thought it would make a good shot as he walked down the dock.
Goose is a landscaper and works his butt off to provide for his family and to give him time to fish. He is one hard working enthusiastic person, I am glad to know him as a friend. The day he got those fish was a Friday after working a long day and week, he had to pack the boat and bring 2 friends and all their stuff over that day around 6:00, they walked their stuff to the club, then set out to fish planning to boat to a spot then fish from shore but that changed as they all didn't have wetsuits and had to stay on the boat. Eels tossed towards shore is what got those fish and the biggest had a head so huge, I have never seen anything like it. 50" long I think and it weighed 48 pounds. People stage/pose with fish all the time, I just want to know what is your point? Do you not feel it is worthy of being on the front page?:huh: I think most members here are happy for Tony and his catch. And I can assure you , none of that fish was wasted. I hope you get your 50 next time Tony :wave: :D and thanks for the invite today but as you know now, my back is not up to it.

Slipknot
10-07-2006, 11:25 AM
i mean it is not even remotely convincing. congrats to the angler but it looks staged big time.

Convincing? :huh: convincing of what?

no hard feelings taken marshmurderer.
I just don't understand why you brought it up.

maybe you are a photographer or something
I'm just a hack

Vermonter
10-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Marsh, You might want to think about working on your people skills since that was your choice as a first post, tho granted you have a right to state an opinion. Ive never met you and most likely never will, but I have met Goose in real life and he struck me as good people, deserving of more than be to accused of staging fishing pics simply because they dont strike you as authentic or real.
As TB mentioned, as fisherman, we've all fished extended periods of time without sleep and certainly any of us if seen/photographed wouldnt look as as if we had a lot of enthusiasm, hell I usually look dead to the world after fishing a weekend on the canal with maybe 90 mins sleep and then trying to make the drive home, I go from one DD's to the next to stay awake. So by your standards, none of us, including yourself I highly suspect, would look enthusuastic.

jim sylvester
10-07-2006, 02:03 PM
welcome to the site

nice first post....your making friends fast

might have been staged..may have not

great fish either way..I think the picture sums up what cutty is all about...

understand the constructive critism, just not on your first post

marshmurderer
10-07-2006, 02:33 PM
probably wasnt the best first post. now that i know that he is a hardcore fisherman it makes sense to "pose" with a couple fish like those. i probably should have assumed he was a good guy but i was thinking it came from a different source magazine or something of the likes. congratulations on the fish and sorry for ruffling feathers.

BEETLE
10-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the site.
Ah - ya bad choice for a first post, but hell we all f-up now and again.

Goose (the guy carrying the fish) is well known and well liked, I've met him and he is a 1st class gent. Everyone was happy to see him hook up large, so you musta hit a nerve.

Where you from ? and what type of fishing you into ? where do you like to fish.

Excuse Bigfish, I think he's been breathing too many paint fumes lately. :huh:

PoPin Plug
10-07-2006, 04:17 PM
i think its a good cover:kewl: ... whats the problem with it???:huh:

there big fish,why not show that there are people on this site that catch big fish and now what there talking about:cputin:

tattoobob
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
probably wasnt the best first post. now that i know that he is a hardcore fisherman it makes sense to "pose" with a couple fish like those. i probably should have assumed he was a good guy but i was thinking it came from a different source magazine or something of the likes. congratulations on the fish and sorry for ruffling feathers.

Welcome Aboard, sit back and enjoy the ride

Goose
10-07-2006, 09:52 PM
i mean it is not even remotely convincing.

I thought the pic came out pretty good. What is it about it that makes it look so set up? A backpack or a rod would of made a difference, I doubt it. A short walk jungling tackle and fish doesn't make a pic more convincing..I could of sticked my rod in it's mouth I guess.:heybaby:
The 'Game Over' shirt is a great example of "the pic says it all" for the surfcaster... so trying to do the same for boat fish will never be as convincing? Is that what your getting at?

This pic was taken a few yrs ago by Bloo, although this isn't a good example of convincing pics,, we had alot of laughs takin'um.