:rtfm: Hey, are 20 some thins old enuff

to post on this forum. :huh: :wave:

Slingah
10-10-2006, 10:42 PM
40+.........:devil2:

Raider Ronnie
10-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Is this a goke ????
For starters, you posted in the grumpy old farts forum !
When was the last time Rod Stewart wrote some origional material instead of redoing/ stealing old songs made hits by someone WITH talent !!!
Rod sucks !!!

BigFish
10-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Sorry Dave....gotta agree with Raider Ron. I never was a Rod Stewart fan....one of the worst voices in recording history...right up there with Janis Joplin and Dylan! Like listening to someone dragging their fingers across a chalkboard!

But hey...as long as you enjoy it....who cares what other people think!!!:kewl:

luds
10-11-2006, 06:36 AM
:rtfm: Hey, are 20 some thins old enuff

to post on this forum. :huh: :wave:

Age doesn't apply when you're talking about Rod. "forever young":yak6: :smash: :wave:

luds
10-11-2006, 06:39 AM
:jester: :faga: :laugha:

"uffah!!"
10-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Never liked Rod's music until the Mrs. came home with a CD with him singing all the old tunes. I mean real old tunes, now its one of my favorites.

justplugit
10-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Hmmm,

i know there's gotta be more Rod Stewart
closet guys out there. :huh: :D

ProfessorM
10-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Sorry Dave. To each his own.

Karl F
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Rod's alright :kewl:
some of the newer, (yes, cover) stuff he has been doing is great for the CD in the truck/highway music.. a lot like when Willie Nelson did the Stardust album.. the classic tunes.. his way.. same with Rod..
Rod's unplugged one is a keeper too.. (Thanks JPI)..
I must be flawed.. I like Janis, and Bob Dylan too :hihi:..
My tastes are pretty far reaching.. cover a lot of ground.. each artist brings something worth hearing.. for the most part...Justin Timberfagg, (and those of that genre) should have his vocal chords scraped... and Rap=Crap.. but that's my 2 cents

But.. as was stated.. this is the GOP.. so no more happy faces or under whatever the minimumage crap in here :zup:

oh well... like a good GOP.. i'm off to get scoped....:conf:

Flaptail
10-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Never dug Janis, Bob Dylan is one of my fav's if not for the vocal range the lyrics are just awesome. "Tangled up in Blue" has to be, lyrically mind you, the best song ever penned.

Rod was fabulous with the original band but after Wood became a Stone and Ronny Lane got sick and Disco showed up, well I lost interest. Every Picture tells a Story is a great album and Mandolin Wind is still one of my favorite tunes.

The problem with new material and older artists is that the culture of this country is obsessed with youth and the appearence of it. Old blues musicians still banging away in the 70's and 80's are acceptable but a white guy in his fifties is not, could never understand that.

If your a rocker, keep rocking away. I still love my Never Mind the Bollocks cd by the Sex Pistols! God Save the Queen is more pertinent now than in 76' when it was written, "No future for you"!!!

Dave, rock on!!!!!!

"uffah!!"
10-11-2006, 10:00 AM
I remember meeting Bob Dylan in the early 1960's when he was just getting started. He was at a coffee shop in Virginia Beach.

NIB
10-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Big Puddle o Gay.
Clint called,
He wants u to change ur avatar..

justplugit
10-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey Karl. this one's for you.:rotf3: Feel betta my friend feel betta. :btu:

Karl F
10-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Every picture tells a story, don't it!

:kewl:

justplugit
10-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Ya killin me kid, ya killin me. :rotf3: Fiya crackers do too. :D

Raider Ronnie
10-11-2006, 06:10 PM
How about the story that went around in I think the early 1980s
That Rod got sick on stage, was taken to the hospital, and they had to pump his stomach,
because it was full of man gew !!!:rolleyes:

Slingah
10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
How about the story that went around in I think the early 1980s
That Rod got sick on stage, was taken to the hospital, and they had to pump his stomach,
because it was full of man gew !!!:rolleyes:
:eek:
I dont think Rod has or does like men...I remember that rumor:yak4:
I liked the Faces......

The Dad Fisherman
10-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Sorry Dave....gotta agree with Raider Ron. I never was a Rod Stewart fan....one of the worst voices in recording history...right up there with Janis Joplin and Dylan! Like listening to someone dragging their fingers across a chalkboard!

YIKES!!! Gotta Respectfully Disagree with about everything there.

I have my Daughter listening to Joplin and she loves it. That woman poored every ounce of herself into a song when she sang it. Her vocals were powerful, soulful and full of emotion. There was nothing Computer enhanced about one of her performances.

Rod Stewart was great when he was with the Faces, and if we can just put a bullet in the whole "Do ya Think I'm Sexy" phase. Some of his later music had a real Bluesy, Grass Roots feel to it. Forever Young was a great song.

Dylan, Granted, isn't one of the most powerful vocalists going but his voice fit his music and he was another one who sang a song like he meant it. and as far as a Song writer there aren't to many who can touch him.

I'm Still waiting for Him, Bruce Springsteen, and Tom Petty to go on tour together.....it can be called the "What the F*** Did They Say" tour. :hihi:

Don't EVEN get me going on Stealing old songs.....Every band/singer coming around the corner is remaking old songs and expecting that they should be in the rock and roll hall of fame for it.

Name a band and pretty much there is a remake in there catalog.

RIROCKHOUND
10-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Big Puddle o Gay.
Clint called,
He wants u to change ur avatar..

Thats funny :jump: