View Full Version : 2006 MS Tourney - Surf Club Challenge - MS Club Challenge

JohnR
10-11-2006, 09:33 AM
OK folks, it is that time of year again for the “THE SURF FISHING CLUB CHALLENGE“ to benefit MS.

This is a great tourney that brings together clubs & anglers from all over New England and supports a great cause. There is a tourney wrap up breakfast at the Andrea hotel in Misquamicut on Sunday with a raffle also to to benefit MS. I hope you can fish with us at S-B (or you respective club ;) ). So come represent team S-B :btu:

When: DATE AND TIME:
START –FRI. OCT.20,2005 – 6:00 PM
ENDS – SUN. OCT. 22,2005 – 9:00 AM

Rules:

* All fish must be caught from the Shore/Surf and weighed at Weekapaug Bait & Tackle in Weekapaug, R.I.

* In the event a tie occurs: The measured length of each winning fish will be added to the total weight.

* All fish will be measured from the nose to the end of the tail.

* All fish weighed and entered in the contest, will be entered in the book by someone other than the person who caught the fish.

* After a fish is weighed and entered in the contest a punch mark or knife cut will be made near the tail. Note: If the angler is going to mount the fish the mark or cut is not necessary.

* Rhode Island Fishing/ Beach Regulations will be adhered to at all times.

* Fishing Area. Napatree Point to Narrow River Narragansett, Rhode Island.

1.) A continuing trophy with the surf club champions name and year will be awarded. The winning club maintains the trophy for ( 1 ) year.

2.) Largest individual Striped Bass. Determined by the weight of the largest Striped Bass entered by a participating club member.

3.) Largest individual Bluefish. Determined by the weight of the largest Bluefish entered by a participating club member.

S-B is grandfathered into this tournament. S-B will pay the entry fee (already done) and donate prizes to the raffle.

I will need a list of people to submit prior to the star of the tournament. So join Team S-B and we'll see if we can win this dang thing!

Last year we had an impromptu BBQ on Saturday. We may do the same this year.

Thanks,

John

RIJIMMY
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
sign me up, maybe I'll weigh something in this year!

Goose
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I'll play.

JohnR
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Cool.... BTW - S-B is taking care of the entry fee

Jenn
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
do you need a definate answer or is a "maybe" ok? was thinking of heading down there that weekend but its not set in stone

JohnR
10-11-2006, 07:34 PM
do you need a definate answer or is a "maybe" ok? was thinking of heading down there that weekend but its not set in stone

Maybe is fine - Just need to provide a lit of names of all that might fish for the tourney, that's all/..

tynan19
10-11-2006, 07:36 PM
I Will try. I have Fri night off but work Sat. morning.

zacs
10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
count me in.

Redsoxticket
10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Weekapaug Bait & Tackle going to be open for weight in during the entire time ?

Count me in

Goose
10-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Where are the weigh stations?

tlapinski
10-12-2006, 06:47 AM

Count me in
Weekapaug B&T is the only weigh station. Here is the quote from the official tournament notice:

Note: The Bait Shop will be open Fri. 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Sat. 7:00 AM to 12: PM and Sun. 7:00 AM to weigh fish and accommodate one and all. Fresh coffee and snacks will be available to all participants courtesy of the shop.

JohnR
10-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Where are the weigh stations?

Count me in

Fishing area is from Naps to Narrow River . Weekapaug is the only weigh station but they are not open round the clock. I'll post the time soon

Carl
10-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Count me in.

Thanks

Canalman
10-12-2006, 10:54 AM
yup :wiggle:

Johnny C
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
i am in. and I catch schoolies like nobody's business. Can there be a SB only trophy for smallest fish? I need to boost my fishing self worth.
East Beach Parking lot? Luch time Sat?

redcrbbr
10-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Count me and possibly Katie in. Be there sometime Saturday.

shadow
10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
john put me on the list as well Jason k.let us know if there will be a cookout I'll bring something:wiggle:

Striperhound
10-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Im in for the weekend.

redlite
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
if the cutty plan doesn't pan out, i'm in.

BasicPatrick
10-16-2006, 10:58 PM
John,

As always I will be fishing vor MSBA but 2will hook up with you sometime over the weekend. We (Bob & I) are at the Pine Lodge again. I will bring something for the BBQ so let me know what is up wit dat.

On a side note...Ir really stinks that Weekapaug is no longer sta6y9ng open for the whole tourney. It used to be great to stop by the shop, have a coffee, warm up, chat it upwith the guys, then go back out fishing. Captain Dons does this for the Tri State Tourney.

JohnR
10-17-2006, 05:56 AM
John,

As always I will be fishing vor MSBA but 2will hook up with you sometime over the weekend. We (Bob & I) are at the Pine Lodge again. I will bring something for the BBQ so let me know what is up wit dat. Yeh - dillweed, I'm staying there too :eek: :shocked: :hihi:

On a side note...Ir really stinks that Weekapaug is no longer sta6y9ng open for the whole tourney. It used to be great to stop by the shop, have a coffee, warm up, chat it upwith the guys, then go back out fishing. Captain Dons does this for the Tri State Tourney.

Yes - for years during this tourney it was open 'round the clock and was a huge advantage. King cove would always offer to stay open for us during our legs, Captain Dons will burn the midnight oil for a tourney too... I could even understand if they closed at 12:30 or something. Just tradition was good...

JFigliuolo
10-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Joe Figliuolo

JohnR
10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
So - how abouts a quick grille, same place as last year, at the entrance to the OSV trails at the very end of East Beach Rd? 2:30 or so?

Please - PM ME your first and last name so I can put you on the list - thanks!

John

Stewie
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm in, can't think of a better way to spend an evening:rotfl:

RIJIMMY
10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
i'll be fsihing Sunday am from 2am to 7am or so. Wont be able to make any get together. lets fish hard and win this thing.

Sluggoslinger
10-20-2006, 09:01 AM
I'll be there. I'm leaving boston at around 8:00AM Saturday. See you all there.

JFigliuolo
10-20-2006, 09:11 AM
What's the final list of people fishing for SB?

JohnR
10-20-2006, 03:08 PM
What's the final list of people fishing for SB?

Sorry - did not see this here ;) We have a few more including the mustache man, WeeWee, Chris L, a couple more PM'd that I will be adding shortly ;) ...

If you feel you might be fishing and not on this list please shoot me a PM....

Thanks,

John

Canalman
10-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Anyone else notice that every year when they have this tourney the wind blows like a bastid and it ALWAYS rains??? :huh: wtf?

Jenn
10-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Canalman.......Last time I went (few years ago) I was getting seasick trying to snooze in the vehicle.... the wind was blowin......

And speaking of crappy weather ....I have been sick as a dog all week so I wont be punishing myself by even trying to fish this weekend.....:sick: :sick: :sick:

Good luck to all!!!

RIJIMMY
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Anyone else notice that every year when they have this tourney the wind blows like a bastid and it ALWAYS rains??? :huh: wtf?

yeah, but last year, I had 8 inches of water in my basement! So far so good this year.

tynan19
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
My face is beat red from the wind. That was a cold night 30+mph and 38 degrees.