View Full Version : How will.........

Flaptail
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Gearge W. Bush's Presidency be remembered? I know he has two years left but the second term mid-term elections signify the beginning of the lame duck period in a Presidency. With all the chaos in the world, the debacle in Iraq, Iran and NK giving us the finger laughing about us politically and terrorism on the rise not fall plus illegal immigration, how do you think history will remember him?:chatter

stiff tip
10-11-2006, 04:32 PM
george w bush =gomer pyle .serprize ,serprize ,serprize....some one had to vote 4 that boob......twice.... 0 boy

Backbeach Jake
10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
oh boy is right. History won't be kind to W.

tattoobob
10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I alway said he only wants his name in history books so he can be remembered, and he will as the most disliked president in US history
not that we had a good choice for a Dem President, but blame the
bible belt for his re-election

fishpoopoo
10-11-2006, 08:18 PM
i'll remember him as a guy who stood up to northeast #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s.

teaser
10-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I am not political in any way, I don't vote because they all suck.

But G.W. is a moron only doing his daddy's will, his father screwed up before in Iraq now G.W. is only trying to finish what daddy started and screwed up.

He had no business going into Iraq, PERIOD!

To date there are more dead since the war is over than during the war itself, he and #^&#^&#^&#^& Chenney are only fattening up their bank accounts for when he's out of office.

Who stood to gain anything from this stupid war? Him, daddy, and #^&#^&#^&#^& Chenney.

G.W. will be remembered for what he is and always will be a greedy, self righteous moron.

I'm not a GW basher by no means, but I can't think of anything he's done right in office so far.

Remember him in history? Please, the country is trying to forget him now.

Before anybody bashes me on this, this is only my opinion on this and it don't and won't change the world so don't get crazy on me.

The Dad Fisherman
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
One word sums it up........Embarrasing.

Skip N
10-11-2006, 11:52 PM
A man who had the balls to take the fight to the terrorists. He understands the threat this world faces and isnt afraid to take action when needed.

History will remember W for 9/11 and the immediate aftermath. I always think of W standing in the rubble of the WTC and yelling on the bullhorn. This is what history will remember him for. 20 years from now, we could have a stable mideast, and W may very well get credit for starting that. You cant judge Iraq and W just yet, there is still lots of work to be done before W's legacy is etched in stone. He very well could go down as a great president, depending on how the war on terror pans out over the years. W's legacy may not be defined till he's well out of office.

ProfessorM
10-12-2006, 08:01 AM
:yawn:

spence
10-12-2006, 08:09 AM
He will be remered as a man who believed only what he wanted to believe.

-spence

RIJIMMY
10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Yeah GW sucks, give us man like Jimmy Carter, he can get it done!

RIJIMMY
10-12-2006, 08:43 AM
just a few things,
the deficit was just cut in half, lowest in 4 yrs, still huge, but in its way down
- with all the Repubs are for the rich crying....do you know the Pension Protection Act was just passed? That MADE INTO LAW, the 529 savings plans (tax free college savings ) and 401K limits. That helps everyone, not the rich. Funny, you dont hear about that, its not something Oprah or Rosie Odonnel are talking about.

Skip N
10-12-2006, 09:05 AM
:kewl:

Flaptail
10-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Interesting. Though I thought that his bullhorn talk at ground zero after 9/11 was totally uninspiring and the he was still confused as to the actual impact this would have on all our lives. Not very inspirational. He didn't convey the feeling that he knew how sacred the ground he was standing on really was.

His taking on the terrorist, and I truly believe he thought he was doing the right thing, was based on mis-guided information. Simply put he put his countries resources into the wrong fight, that being Iraq. It was well known who did what where and why and Afghanistan was where the shock and awe campaign should have centered.

He like all the other Presidents since Roosevelt had taken an IQ test and he scored the lowest of any. Now just because you don't have a higher IQ score does not mean you won't make a good President but the vital piece that makes someone with a standard IQ stand out is common sense and though loyalty is a part of his make up there comes a time when no matter how much you covet a colleagues loyalty the best interst of the country which is and should always be your guiding principle, in his case his fierce loyalty to Rumsfeld and Cheney may have been one of his biggest liabilities. Common sense should have dictated more of his policy than loyalty. I beleive that certain memebers of his cabinet namely defense and the VP have actually used the Presidents sense of loyalty to thier own ends and this makes them dis-loyal to him.

In all his Presidency will be seen as a failure. Diplomacy has taken a back seat to bravado. The answers to the problems with which he faces have not come to him openely and honestly from those around him that should support him in that way. He is not a bad man merely a man that was in the wrong place at the wrong time in a situation he was not capable, intellectually, of dealing with.

Now we are in a quagmire that will not end in any peaceful way. We stay and the insurgence gets stronger and the mostly uneducated populace is swayed by the radical religious extremeism of radical Muslims. Their numbers grow daily. We leave and civil war and anarchy break out between rival Sunni and Shiite factions and many hundreds of thousands die, mostly innocents who are killed becuase of their faction affiliation. Tribal ways whose ties are centuries deep take hold and the counrty is split never to be what we, in our ignorance, tried to make it. Democracy is not for everyone and especially there in Iraq. Iraqi's did have it better under Hussein and Hussein could have been dealt with at a later date through other means. Hussein kept the other countries around him in check, Iran was scared to death of him after thier war in the early 80's for example.

G.W. just didn't have what it takes unfortunately for millions of people around the globe who looked to us as world leaders, a position I am afraid, due to the current administration, we no longer hold.

RIJIMMY
10-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Nice Post Flap, respectfully, I disagree on a number of points. Not to dive too deeply but, you said "Hussein kept the other countries around him in check, Iran was scared to death of him after thier war in the early 80's for example."

So how do you think these countries feel now that the US toppled Hussein in a matter of days? Something they couldnt do in years?
We are failing at stabilizing the region, but we could have just walked away after we destroyed their infrstructure, military and government. Dont think thats not on the mind of every leader in the region.

spence
10-12-2006, 10:11 AM
His taking on the terrorist, and I truly believe he thought he was doing the right thing, was based on mis-guided information.
And to this day he's still surrounded by and trusts those who presented him with a misguided case shaped by a misguided idiology.

This is pretty scary.

-spence

The Dad Fisherman
10-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm actually surprised he's speaking in the right end of the Bullhorn.

Krispy
10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I dont neccessarily disagree w/ our invasion in Iraq, although I dont agree with its excecution.
But, I realized the entirety of this administrative ineptness during Hurricane Katrina.
5 days and all the presidents men couldnt get an air drop of water into N.O.?
He will always be rembered for that to me..

Skitterpop
10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
a poor showman for his puppeteers

Flaptail
10-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Nice Post Flap, respectfully, I disagree on a number of points. Not to dive too deeply but, you said "Hussein kept the other countries around him in check, Iran was scared to death of him after thier war in the early 80's for example."

So how do you think these countries feel now that the US toppled Hussein in a matter of days? Something they couldnt do in years?
We are failing at stabilizing the region, but we could have just walked away after we destroyed their infrstructure, military and government. Dont think thats not on the mind of every leader in the region.

Jimmy, always good to have an open adult debate where both sides opinion are respected, thanks!

As to our toppling in days of Husseins regime, well somehow we always get into situations that start like that, yeah we went in and kicked his ass but his war machine and ours were not apples for apples. The real problem was that we knew how to go in we hadn't a clue as to how we would get out and what getting out would entail.

Any good military leader knows that not only do you embark on a campaign withna plan of entry you must have an exit strategy as well on top of knowing your objective and being able to realize when that objective has been achieved and what effect it will have on the local population and thier administrative branch, we didn't.

Iran should be afrid of us now as well and to an extent they are but they also know we have been weakened in our Iraqi experience and the mood of the country is such that popular support has eroded to the point that the hint of stretching our military capability by taking on another mid eastern brawl will put the country over the edge and they will exploit that fact to thier advantage as much as possible while we are in this condition. Public relations attack rather than live bombs and guns fits perfectly into thier corner right now.