View Full Version : Is it all over offshore?

Hooper
10-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I keep telling my buddies that we'll make one more run out east, but i am beginning to think it won't happen, and maybe if it did it would be a waste of time and fuel, haven't been hearing a lot of goodness online lately.... what say you all?

stiff tip
10-12-2006, 04:29 AM
same here , havent been out in 2wks ... i,m lookin for some fresh info too.last time out to the rs 1 fish 44in 2 more hits 9 hr day....dave

Striper1
10-12-2006, 04:32 AM
SUN
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT... SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 2 FT
UNTIL JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT.

If this forecast is close:bsod:

maybe this weekend for cod/haddock

Van
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
I think I'm done for offshore, there is plenty inshore fun right now anyway.
It will take some great reports to get me out there again.
This time of year weather becomes more of an issue in my 21 footer.

Plus I'll be pulling her the week of the 23rd, or the weekend (28-29th).

Not going to leave her in the water while I'm on vacation for 2 weeks.

keeperreaper
10-12-2006, 02:53 PM
hooper,
it has been really quiet out there but i dont think a lot of people have been getting out with all the "east / ne" winds. I know of 2 boats who have fished in marginal conditions in the last 2 weeks out east for zilch and they usually put up big numbers. i might go sunday but with archery opening Monday i dont know. pm me if you are going east.

Hooper
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
keeper,

I will let you know, sunday maybe or thursday/friday of next week with another boat possibly

big jay
10-12-2006, 06:36 PM
It ended for me a couple of weeks ago with knee surgery. But it's official now - the boat came out yesterday. Earliest we have ever pulled - but charters are done, caught enough fish, and there are no giants around, so might as well get some work done while the weather is still nice. When my knee gets better, I can go back to being a terrible surf fisherman.

I think its far from done out there though. There are usually fish right through November - its just hard to stay on top of them with the small weather windows this time of year.

Good luck to whoever goes this weekend.

thefishingfreak
10-12-2006, 06:59 PM
last year we shark fished into december.
lowest we caught blue sharks is 50 degree water temps.

mid october we followed stiff tip down chatham and had a banner day with school tuna.
our last tunas were 130 pounders on oct 28'th just outside the merrimac.
there's allways cod and porbeagles..

Raider Ronnie
10-12-2006, 07:49 PM
FAR FROM OVER !!!

Magnum10
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Gordo...don't give up yet

Magnum10
10-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Gordo ....don't give up yet....

MakoMike
10-16-2006, 07:08 AM
last year we shark fished into december.
lowest we caught blue sharks is 50 degree water temps.

mid october we followed stiff tip down chatham and had a banner day with school tuna.
our last tunas were 130 pounders on oct 28'th just outside the merrimac.
there's allways cod and porbeagles..

Mike,
I don't know what its like up there, but down here there's a noticable shortage of blue sharks so far this fall.

thefishingfreak
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Mike,
I don't know what its like up there, but down here there's a noticable shortage of blue sharks so far this fall.

well the last time we went sharking 9/17 we got 7 and a mako.plus saw many more arround the boat including a monster blue shark that jon swears was a tiger due to it's size.

been chasing tuna all summer. to do much sharking?

when we went off long island with paulie we only got one mako and NO blue sharks which supprized me.

could be the lack of anything worth while to eat. i mean picture a dying bloofish. whos gunna get to it first. a blue shark or the doggs.