View Full Version : Ahhhh...The Uncaring Media!

BigFish
10-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Did you all know there was another person on the plane in which Corey Lidle was killed???? You wouldn't know it by the media reports!! "Yankee pitcher Corey Lidle was killed in a tragic plane crash.....along with another person"!!!!!! No mention of HIS name.....no mention if HE had family, a wife, children, passions of his own to aspire to.......just that there was another person in the plane!!! Bet that makes HIS family feel great when they hear it on the news.....Corey Lidle and "another person" or "a flight instructor"!!! I guess you have to be famous to really matter in this world.....you die tragically along with someone famous and you are simply a foot note, a sidebar....a matter of fact!!! I find it pretty sad....and I can not give you his name because not once in all the news reports has it been mentioned!!!!:doh:

Very sad indeed!:(

spence
10-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Actually I belive they found Lidel's passport at the scene and that led the media to uncover it was him first. I'm not sure they knew the identity of the flight instructor, or even if there was a flight instructor until much later.

But the fact that he's a MLB player is going to get top billing, it's what people want to hear about :huh:

-spence

BigFish
10-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Come on Spence...is it dark where your head is? The media could have found out the identity of the "other person" with not too much touble if they cared enough to report his name....the Yankees, classless organization that they are issue a statement that their prayers go out to the family of Corey Lidle.....you think they could have at least put an aside in there that their prayers also go out to the family of the "other person" who lost their life!

stripersnipr
10-12-2006, 07:23 AM
The really interesting thing I find with this is how it has pulled the conspiracy theorists out of the woodwork. I guess a small plane accident in NYC is a signal to the Mothership to activate the Tinfoilhats and send the cultists to the internet. My favorite so far on an AOL forum was "U peepel r stoopid if u think bush didnt do this".

Raven
10-12-2006, 07:45 AM
that pointed to his identity.....first....then the passport,as both bodies found were burnt from the explosion and the fire. Aviation protocol requires that an autopsy be conducted to see if there were any other factors involved for causing the accident . But yeah... your right B F ... it's like the co-pilot's....(and that's his role as an instructor).... loss of life was insignifigant compared to the yankee pitcher's life. That is precisely why i think America's Obsession with sports is so twisted.

spence
10-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Come on Spence...is it dark where your head is?
Did you ever think that perhaps the poor SOB's family simply didn't want his name spread across 24/7 cable news?

-spence

Krispy
10-12-2006, 08:10 AM
His name wasnt released because the family hadnt been notified yet, as of last nights local 10 o'clock news

fishsmith
10-12-2006, 08:13 AM
I have not thought of that Spence, you might be right.
If my memory serves me right, in these events it's the big name and then others.

It wouldn't be to difficult to find the instuctors name, and IMHO it is more respectful for the press to dignify him with his name and not his occupation.

BigFish
10-12-2006, 08:16 AM
It is dark huh Spence....its not up to the family whether or not his name is released......if the media has the name they have the right to release it. Lets see if there is even a whisper of his name by the 6:00 news?

spence
10-12-2006, 08:28 AM
It is dark huh Spence....its not up to the family whether or not his name is released......
Doesn't mean they couldn't request it. The notion that the family hadn't been notified seems the most likely.

Regardless, there are a lot of possibilities that don't lead to an uncaring media deserving of a silly rant :p

-spence

BigFish
10-12-2006, 08:36 AM
My apologies for sounding harsh Spence....it just frustrates me that the ordinary Joe gets barely recognized of his tragic passing while the "famed" (barely anyone knew his name before yesterday) Yankee picher or more to the point, someone who is "a name" gets his name splashed about the headlines for a week solid as the media beats the story senseless!!! Again.....its a rich/famous mans world!

RIJIMMY
10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
you can rest easier now BF, just posted on CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The flight instructor who died with baseball pitcher Cory Lidle when their plane slammed into a skyscraper in Manhattan was identified by police as Tyler Stanger.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly identified Stanger in a Thursday news conference, a day after Lidle's plane hit the high-rise condo on the Upper East Side and ignited a fireball that brought back memories of the 9/11 attacks.

Stanger, the owner of Stang-AIR in La Verne, California, first met Lidle last year in Pomona, California, according to The New York Times. Stanger was 26, according to The New York Daily News.

BigFish
10-13-2006, 08:17 AM
That is a shame....such a young man. RIP to Tyler Stranger.:(

Raider Ronnie
10-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Larry,
You seem to be a BIT more grumpy than you usually are lately !!!