View Full Version : Looking for family fishing boat

mid9hunt3r
10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Greetings all,

I'm looking for a family fishing boat that has cabin cuddy that fits two little girls (4 - 6 years old) and has outboat motor between 18 - 23 feet long.

The cuddy will fit my need as I tend to take off early in the morning due to long distance driving ( 1.5 hours from home to the river). The outboard, from what I was told, is easier to deal with in cold weather. Unfortunately I like to fish late in the year (November ~ December).

Due to my limited buget I would only be able to affort something below or equal to $30k.:bl:

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards
mid9hunt3r

thefishingfreak
10-12-2006, 07:13 PM
i fish a 22 welcraft all the time. has everything you stated.

Van
10-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Thats exactly why i bought this boat in 95' Proline 201/211

great for the kids they stay dry and have fun in their hideout.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16057&d=1151669443

buckman
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I have a 23' Wellcraft Coastal with a 200 yamaha. This is a great riding hull with a high freeboard . Will you trailer or slip. #30k should be plenty to buy a great boat. Good Luck

bttfish
10-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Van, is that Dorchester yatch Club? I think I see this boat every morning going to work driving passed. How much does it cost to park there all season, if you don't mind me asking?

With a 30K budget, wow, you can get a lot of boat for it. Go on line and check out all the boats for sale from the south. You get better bang for the buck if you don't mind trailering a boat back from places like South Carolina, Georgia, Penn., New Jersey. I found many boats in those states thru Boat for sale pages on the web. My cousin brought his from Georgia, save himself about 20K... He got a 26 foot with two 4 stroke Yamaha out boards.. Sweet boat.

Check out online and compare the choices.. You will be happy that you did.. you Get a better bang for your bucks.. Good luck...

Wish I could buy one... :happy:

Van
10-13-2006, 09:20 AM
PM sent

mid9hunt3r
10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Van, nice boat you got there! I would be very happy with either Proline or Wellcraft cuddy. I'm selling my Lund Fisherman 1700 (2001 model with 115 4-strk Yammy) locally.

buckman, I'll be towing between 100 miles (one way) from my home to the river. My 4Runner (v8) should be able to handle the 22 footer.

With a 30K budget, wow, you can get a lot of boat for it. Go on line and check out all the boats for sale from the south. You get better bang for the buck if you don't mind trailering a boat back from places like South Carolina, Georgia, Penn., New Jersey. I found many boats in those states thru Boat for sale pages on the web. My cousin brought his from Georgia, save himself about 20K... He got a 26 foot with two 4 stroke Yamaha out boards.. Sweet boat.
Wish I could buy one... :happy: I've been looking @ boattraderonline and ebay alot. By the way, the 30k budget is not really mine. It's the wife's :). Thanks for your suggestion.

What time of year do you gentlemen put your boat away (winterize..)? I normally fish until late November...:uhoh:

Cheers & thanks for your replies.

buckman
10-14-2006, 10:43 AM
check craigslist.org. There are a lot of good deals this time of the year, and you can check all states. Good luck and post pic when you get it

capecodder
10-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Don't rule out a Grady 208. I bet you could get a 1999 for $30K.