View Full Version : Fishing Report-Narragansett Bay

piemma
10-16-2006, 06:53 AM
I have not seen many fishing reports from RI and I know the surf guys are not slamming them so I thought I post a report from the Bay for my boat.

There are still adult bunker in the upper bay and tons of big fish around. Fish Sat morning very early (3:00 AM). Had 6 fish between 18 and 24lbs. The only thing that stopped me was I ran out of eels. Real cold but no wind. Sunday was a blow out. Wind way to strong. Tried to get down the bay again at 3:00 but had to turn back as the wind came up hard NW about 4 AM. I heard of a couple of 20s taken way North in Providence yesterday....out of the wind.

Back Beach
10-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks Paul. Surf was so-so last night in Gansett for me. Got 6 fish, mostly small, under 30", and some pirahnas too. Best two were 36" and 39",maybe 16-18#. Still some decent fish around, gonna give it hell for two or three more weeks at least.

JFigliuolo
10-16-2006, 07:35 AM
blew for me. 2 fish short. I'll be at it tonight again.

In general, I'm not so sure I understand why guys love the fall so much. For me it's always been hot or miss.

Clammer
10-16-2006, 08:12 AM
hit another channel marker around midnight . added a nice long battle scar to the collection //

wind switched to t he N/W /ruined me / the fish didn,t equal the gas :smash:

tattoobob
10-16-2006, 08:18 AM
The way the fishing is up North here there is going to be fishing till after X-Mass, the Water temp. is still close to 60* up here and we still have Blues and big bass, It has begun up here but it is going to go on for another 2 to 3 weeks

Karl F
10-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Bob, Thank You.. you have no idea how much hearing that, helps give me some hope, out here.

tattoobob
10-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Karl come on up and fish with me, we had a push of fish last weekend that was up to 38# (and bigger just not landed), in the middle of the day to :drool:

jim sylvester
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR AND LET THE BIG FISH MOVE INTO GANSETT....SLOW....SMALL FISH

Back Beach
10-16-2006, 09:33 AM
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR AND LET THE BIG FISH MOVE INTO GANSETT....SLOW....SMALL FISH

Soon. Very soon, I hope. Its almost November.

bart
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM

i was thinking the same thing...

piemma
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM

Jim:
they are coming. I have seen a steady progression down the Bay the last 10 days. Still quite a few miles away, however.

Fishpart
10-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Fri evening I had my two boys on some scoolies in the bay and could barely get the plug back in the water before I had to boat and unhook another fish. They told their mom they only had a "little bit of fun"....

piemma
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Fri evening I had my two boys on some scoolies in the bay and could barely get the plug back in the water before I had to boat and unhook another fish. They told their mom they only had a "little bit of fun"....

Eddie, they should have had fun just with the boat ride. Howlin'!!!!

tattoobob
10-16-2006, 11:42 AM

THey probably didn't want her to feel bad about not going with them.