View Full Version : East?? 10/17

Little Round
10-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Looking to see if anyone wants a buddy boat heading east of chatham tomorrow? Noaa looks good, I'm planning on going.

keeperreaper
10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I was east Saturday and the fish are still out there. We had a ball catching. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. Good Luck.

stiff tip
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
keeper how far out did you steam ???u say it was worth the trip, how many hits did u have , was it bars or birds .....any info will help... i,m planning to go this wknd untill nov. thanks matt......dave

Bronko
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
keeper how far out did you steam ???u say it was worth the trip, how many hits did u have , was it bars or birds .....any info will help... i,m planning to go this wknd untill nov. thanks matt......dave

He slayed em' Stifftip. he always does. Its unreal. I have seen it with my own two eyes.:eyes:

Then he proceeds to saly 40lb bass on the way in while I creep around the cape at all hours of the night for dinks. :wall:

Hooper
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey Little Round, we're going east tomorrow morning.

We'll be off the dock by 0400 and I'll be on Ch 68, call Hooper in a white older SeaCraft. I know Reaper did well at the Sword area, so I was planning on going there, however another boat fished it today and said he found nothing, but the Crab had a lot of life... guess that's fishing isn't it! Should be lines in by 515-530, somewhere, I'll let you know what we find if you give me a shout.

thefishingfreak
10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
i'll be with little round "east" tomorrow:wiggle:
ch 8 fishin FrEaK:call:

stiff tip
10-17-2006, 04:57 AM
catch u,m up boys ......wish i could b there tooo..... good luck ...

Hooper
10-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Saw lots of pods of small fish feeding on sandeels. Tralled right paste them all morning long, went 2 for 3, fish in the 45" range. Think that may be it for me. Saw FF out there, hope you did well!

thefishingfreak
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
nada.
no hits no runs no errors......

there's a ton of fish out there i would suggest trolling ballwhoo or sabiki'ing some herring to liveline.

Raider Ronnie
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
nada.
no hits no runs no errors......

there's a ton of fish out there i would suggest trolling ballwhoo or sabiki'ing some herring to liveline.

:smash:
Mike,
You should know what bait they have been on for a while !!!

thefishingfreak
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
:wall:

Little Round
10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I think it goes from squid rigs, to a rigged ballyhoo some where here in the fall??? just have to get some islanders and go back out there.

Raider Ronnie
10-18-2006, 06:12 AM
I think it goes from squid rigs, to a rigged ballyhoo some where here in the fall??? just have to get some islanders and go back out there.

:kewl:
Swimmers & cedar plugs also Alan.

keeperreaper
10-18-2006, 06:54 AM
During the fall when the fish are finicky usually they are on small bait (sardines, frill, etc) The smaller the bait you can present the better your hookup rate will be. :kewl: Also adjusting your speed and spread length to optimize your presentation will help a bunch.

big jay
10-18-2006, 08:08 AM
When they get finicky and are on the small bait, I've had very good luck the past few seasons switching over to spreader bars made up with 6" jet heads. I have green bars and purple and will put out 4 of these with a couple of rigged ballys just inside of them on the flats.
Saved many a day, when the squid rigs have gone quiet.

Little Round
10-18-2006, 08:55 AM
We pulled some 13" bars, 9" bars, a GM, bird, and big swimmer without a look. Summer= sandeels/squid Fall= sea herring/macks/healfbeaks/ and other ground fish. My guess is that they just change their pattern. What ever the case, they were going nuts feeding on top???

keeperreaper
10-18-2006, 08:18 PM
If we can get a window Sunday Im going east for the day. Hooper pm me your weekend intentions.

Hooper
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM
reaper, you have mail. We have a ton of cedar plugs, we took one fish on that set up the other day, a red and white number, and the second on the ugliest bent up stupid looking pink rig you ever saw. It swims sideways and spins around, but it catches fish like nothing I have ever seen. We call it Retard-O rig, but man does he get busy. Don't ask me why, becaue we can't explain it.

So, we'll throw more cedar in the spead and Retard-O of course!