View Full Version : When A Friend Passes Away......

BigFish
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I just found out a very dear friend of mine has passed away after being ill for a brief period of time.....I hope even though he was not a member here you won't mind if I express a little grief for a moment.:( His name was Pete or "Peter Mac" as all his friends knew him and he was not only a very good friend but he was very good to me at a very difficult point in my life as I was getting my stuff together after my divorce and for that and many other reasons I will miss my friend "Peter Mac".

Gone too soon from us.....this ones for you Pete!:gu:

reelecstasy
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
T & P Bigguy

ProfessorM
10-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Sorry for your loss Larry

Flaptail
10-17-2006, 11:02 AM
You did a nice thing by remembering him here Larry, sorry for the loss of your friend.

Swimmer
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
T & P from me too.

Raven
10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
that you lost such a good friend...

my condolences

Nebe
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
life goes on...hopefully he died without pain.

sorry bigfish :(

justplugit
10-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Sorry for your loss Larry. He will always be alive in your memories.

Rappin Mikey
10-17-2006, 11:40 AM
My condolences Larry. Losing a friend is one of the worst things.I'm sure he is now in a better place.

BigBo
10-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Sorry for the loss of your friend Larry. Maybe a little time casting at the waters edge is in order to reflect on lost friends, family, and loved ones.

tattoobob
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Only the good ones die young, Larry sorry for your loss

afterhours
10-17-2006, 03:17 PM
good friends are hard to find and even harder to lose....sorry for your loss larry.

decksweeper
10-17-2006, 03:22 PM
BF sorry for your loss...my condolences

tynan19
10-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Larry, I am sorry for your loss of a good friend.

Slingah
10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Larry.......

Fish On
10-17-2006, 05:05 PM
My condolences Big Fish. I hope you find comfort in friends and family.

Backbeach Jake
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Sorry for your loss, Larry. In my thoughts and prayers.

Karl F
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Larry, Condolences to you on the loss of your friend.. really sucks, when they go too soon.. ...
hang on to the memories...

Clammer
10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Larry ,,I feel for you //

been there a couple of times / later ,,its a [little] easier to remember the good times with him ,.,.,.,

P & T
MIKE

Diamond Tackle
10-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Sorry for your Loss Larry. T & P for your friend and his family.

BigFish
10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
The kind words mean alot. Pete was a very generous, selfless person and I owe him much. I have many great memories with Pete but it hardly tempers the loss. Thanks for your support and your tolerance of my hard times. The next few days will be tough....words for his family will be difficult to come by. I am a victim of my frame of mind that some things last forever and then when things like this happen I have trouble with it....this will be a tough few days....but I will honor my friends memory.

gone fishin
10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Thought are with you Larry. A true friend is hard to lose, but easy to remember.

stiff tip
10-18-2006, 04:19 AM
lost a best friend few yrs ago i,m not right w/ it yet ...takes time

redneck24
10-18-2006, 05:28 AM
verry sorry larry.

Raven
10-18-2006, 05:47 AM
.....................there are many religious beliefs.....

and you have to have a belief system ...just to function
on a daily basis...as to how you do everything

but.... i like to think or believe that the spirit energy
which cannot be destroyed lives on....and each sojurn
into life....is a chapter in a book of life....

the body ...merely a vehicle...a shell to be mobile with.

so...yes you have lost your friend... his inspiration and
memories
though, live on within you.... that you cherish.

even though your very sad at this time...
you have to ....appreciate and celebrate his life
and what he gave to you inside....to your soul/spirit
and how lucky you were to have recieved it.

chin up big guy... each day when you see the sun rise
it is a gift.....as was his life.

vineyardblues
10-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend Larry.
RIP Pete
VB

RickBomba
10-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Mikey and I had a best friend who hung himself ten years ago...Mikey had 2 buds in high school that took their own lives, as well.
You need to talk?, just call the Bombas.
Later,
Rick

jim sylvester
10-20-2006, 12:20 PM
sorry to hear about your friend larry

Canalman
10-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Larry,

No bond is tighter than that of a friend who stuck with you through a tough time. Sorry for your loss Larry... do right by him and remember him the way he'd want to be remembered.

-Dave

jimmy z
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
It is always sad when a friend or especially a family members passes away. Hang in there my friend.

Raider Ronnie
10-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Sorry about the loss of your friend Larry

maddog2020
10-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Losing a close friend is never easy. Time heals your wounds a little bit, but speaking from experience the pain never goes away. There is a good book called "why bad things happen to good people" - forget who wrote it - read it back in early 80s.

Don't make any "big" decisions right now - wait a yr or so before you decide to do it. This can translate into quiting your job, leaving your family, or whatever. People don't think rationally for a while so it is just a warning. ;)

You will go thru phases of anger, hate, fear, pain & just about every other imaginable emotion. Don't let the guilt part ruin your life. :( Some times people find "God" during an emotional experience like this. You will come to some road like that and then you chose the path you go down.

There is one given in life: we will ALL eventually die. Everything else in between is extra. :) We get sometimes hung up & bent out of shape about little things in life. Life is what we want it to be. If we want to be happy we can be happy. If we want to be miserable we will be miserable.

Look at the positive aspects of his life and your friendship. Your memories will last forever in your heart. He died only in body not in spirit. I gave up fishing for over a decade because I was angry at life. Eventually I went back to doing the things I enjoyed. I pushed people away and didn't want to talk about it. :( It harbors inside of you and eats away at your soul - don't do that. TALK to some one - any one about it. More you talk about it the better you will feel.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for all.

chris L
10-20-2006, 05:38 PM
larry
sorry to hear about your friend pete . I lost one of my best frinds in 82 right after I got back from 3 years over seas . I still have great memories of the times we fished and partied together . It takes time but the pain will lessen and the memories are still there