View Full Version : Sealing question... ;)

Karl F
10-17-2006, 09:01 PM
If ya boiled up one avg sized Seal and threw yer plug blanks in the hot blubber.. would that Seal stuff seal the wood good?.. might add some aroma the fish might like as a side bonus too :huh:..
Just wondering seein as we seem to have an abundance, and trying to think of something good ta do with them.....:devil2:

crash
10-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I'll help ya gather the seals for boiling:nailem: :nailem: :fishslap:

Diamond Tackle
10-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I think you have to do whats called Rendering the Fat. The liquid fat can be used to seal your plugs nicely,to light your favorite lamp OR you can make some nice Biofuel by breaking down the tri glycerides with some Lye. As a nice by product you can make a wonderful Soap from the Lipids. It will leave your skin silky smooth, only problem is you may smell a bit like Herring and all the cats in the neighborhood will follow you around.
I really need to stop cocktailing after 10 pm.

Skitterpop
10-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Nooooooooooo bassies don`t like seals.... it would be a repellent :hs:

On the other foot....what if we developed a special program to import Eskimoes and other seal hunting peoples who have a legal right to hunt and utilize seals? We would have to provide housing and subsidize their transition to the Cape but I think its well worth it.

gone fishin
10-17-2006, 10:36 PM
I like that thought Karl. By the way, any news on the great white shark that was chowing down in Chatham?? :liquify:

Karl F
10-18-2006, 06:46 AM
:hihi:.. nothing in the papers... funny how they tend to go hush hush on the GW's... from talking to my coworkers brother, and a coupla comm. fishermen I know outta Chatham.. I guess this one kinda comes and goes.. prolly as his belly dictates :D

capesams
10-18-2006, 07:12 AM
I can see it now..some guy's walking the beach and come across huge drag marks in the sand,,,Holy sheet! that's mustta been a monster bass..as they spend the week fishing that one spot.:cool:

Flaptail
10-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Karl I just wanted to let you know the nicest birthday present anyone gave me was your killing a seal in my honor. Man, I almost cried I was so moved.:claps:

justplugit
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I like the Eskimo idea. :hihi:

Flaptail
10-18-2006, 01:00 PM
I like the Eskimo idea. :hihi:

I offered up that one two years ago.

justplugit
10-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I offered up that one two years ago.

Wouldn't take more than a few to do it, with winta coming and everythhing.

Igloos on Monomy. :hihi: