View Full Version : Iron Chef Bomba Battle

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, a great time had by all.
Big ups to John for attending, what about the rest of you jerks! :)
The hellacious battle was judged by all, and true to form, myself and my sous chef, Parksie, narrowly eeked out the win (most people said it was Parksie that won, that's why I picked him).
We're going to start hosting the party once a month, with myself, Parksie, and challenger Josh (who did an awesome job, despite my sabotaging his dishes) as the three Iron Chef Bombas.
We will take on all challengers, no matter if you are one or twenty, to see how long the Iron Chef Bomba statue will remain in my house.
Kind of like the Americas Cup of Iron Chef battles.
Hard main ingredients were the theme of the day.
Lots of work was put into Josh's side...his sous chef ditched him on two occasions, but thanks to yours truly, I put him in league with my own ace-in-the-hole, long time friend Scott Clark.
Parksie and I were all about shennanigans, and in the end, I believe our humor won the day.
OK enough rants...here's the pix

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:20 PM
The teams, myself and Parksie, Yoshi and Clarkie

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Let's try that again

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Hope this one works

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Me and Dummy

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Some plates

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Cooking pix

Rappin Mikey
10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the update. Sorry I missed it. I'll try and make the next one I swear. You look like you lost some weight ugly.
Love, your brother

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Dude, you had a chauffered ride fom Springfield that would have had you back by 12:30...how could you miss it???
Later,
Rick

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah, like 20# since the last time you saw me.
Later,
ZBomba

Jimbo
10-18-2006, 02:32 PM
This looks great. What are the rules?

JohnR
10-18-2006, 02:34 PM
This looks great. What are the rules?

None that I saw :hidin:

Seriously - pure Iron Chef. Ingredients, 5 segments each, cook, and vote...

Let's try that again For the record, that was Sangria...

spence
10-18-2006, 02:55 PM
What what the theme?

-spence

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
It was chix, flank steak, and FAS haddock(yuck)
We also had lots of ancillary ingredients that we HAD to use.
Great fun by all, great birthday party to boot.
Later,
Rick

spence
10-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Interesting, sounds like some fun.

So how else did you deviate from the show? And what food resulted? Difficult to tell from the pics.

-spence

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
There was a huge grab bag of stuff laid out on the table before we started.
As I am not kitchen stadium, we had to provide for the huge "pantry" that they have there.
Another great part of the competition was that we had to "pick" from the grab bag much like one would choose a team in grade school, you take this, I take that.
My dishes were as passed apps:
rice coated panko-tempura battered chicken skewers with arancini (Tom's balls) served with house made passionfruit sour sauce
Haddock Maki with avacado, grilled raddichio, and wasabi aioli
Brocciole of flank steak on toast points with bourbon cream and smoked red potato au gratin
Coconut kissed chicken with lemongrass chiles and lime.
And a great passed Sangria, drunk out of a ladle with fraternity chants
Well, the sangrai sucked, but the chants were cool!
Later,
Rick

spence
10-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Very impressive.

I'm somewhat suprised you don't have a 500 item par stock :hee:

:eyes:

-spence

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
And I rocked the new Bomba Star line of t-shirts, which were the hit of the party.
Later,
Sleepy Rick

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh yeah,
Saga stuffed smoked chorizo with smoked blue potatoes and bean threads.
I hate to go out of bounds with this one, use your imagination.
Meant to taunt Tom, one of the judges.

Bronko
10-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Where does this go down? Spence will you possibly be jumping into the fray?:cheers:

RickBomba
10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Waltham for now, until the trophy gets taken...
All depends on where the winner lives.

spence
10-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Spence will you possibly be jumping into the fray?:cheers:
If I could find the time I think it would be a hoot.

I'm confident I can hold my own, although the lack of professional experience would seriously handicap. I'm cocky but no fool :hee:

-spence

DadBomba
10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Rick is truly lucky to have a great, caring father who taught him how to fish and cook.:jump:

--only some truth in that. I just got him started. He excelled in both on his own.

He invited the wife and I to the next one, as spectators. Maybe still a little scared of the old man.

Great job, Rick. And good thinking to supply the sangria for the winning 5 points. Taught him that, too.:lurk:

chris L
10-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Rick is truly lucky to have a great, caring father who taught him how to fish and cook.:jump:

--only some truth in that. I just got him started. He excelled in both on his own.

He invited the wife and I to the next one, as spectators. Maybe still a little scared of the old man.

Great job, Rick. And good thinking to supply the sangria for the winning 5 points. Taught him that, too.:lurk:

bombadad you did a better job with mikey when it comes to fishing LOL but ricky got the cooking hands down . plus he likes wearing the chef coat way too much to do anything else .

glad you had fun ricky one of those dishes was pure bait .

RickBomba
10-20-2006, 12:38 AM
So here's the new format...now that we have the trophy, the Iron Chef Bombas (Ninja Justice..Parksie, BBQ Butler...Josh, and John Richards...me) will take on challenges from any team thats got the nuggets to go head-to-head with us.
Right now, the trophy remains at my apartment in Waltham, we have the home field.
If a team beats us, the trophy will reside at their residence of choice, America's Cup Style, and we will challenge them on their home turf.
The challengers pick one Iron Chef Bomba to battle, and the other two are the sous chefs.
Rules reamin the same, a few main ingredients, and pick from the grab bag to round out your repetiore.
Anybody gonna make a Team SB and come to try to take the Iron Chef Bomba Grand Champion Trophy???
Yet to be seen.
Come on chickens!!!
The glove has been waved.
Later,
Iron Chef Champion
John Richards.

JohnR
10-20-2006, 05:51 AM
So here's the new format...now that we have the trophy, the Iron Chef Bombas (Ninja Justice..Parksie, BBQ Butler...Josh, and John Richards...me) will take on challenges from any team thats got the nuggets to go head-to-head with us.
Right now, the trophy remains at my apartment in Waltham, we have the home field.
If a team beats us, the trophy will reside at their residence of choice, America's Cup Style, and we will challenge them on their home turf.
The challengers pick one Iron Chef Bomba to battle, and the other two are the sous chefs.
Rules reamin the same, a few main ingredients, and pick from the grab bag to round out your repetiore.
Anybody gonna make a Team SB and come to try to take the Iron Chef Bomba Grand Champion Trophy???
Yet to be seen.
Come on chickens!!!
The glove has been waved.
Later,
Iron Chef Champion
John Richards.

:hihi:

Parksie
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Rick I can't believe you forgot the most important picture of them all:laughs: :laughs: 17668

JohnR
10-20-2006, 12:45 PM
For those that are stnding on their tounges basic ingredients were chaurico sausage and blue ball potatoes

:rotfl:

Canalman
10-20-2006, 03:31 PM
I like how you garnished the table along with the dishes :kewl:

Looks like something out of fear and loathing in LV...

maddog2020
10-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Man, it looks like I missed out on some great eats!

Would like to attend the next one. :)

Stupid dentist appt - kids don't need their teeth do they?!# ;)

Thom
10-23-2006, 12:15 PM
I bet I could get some good childhood stuff on the bombas. I have many firends and relatives that were teacheres when they were in school,but I won't do it what happens in granby stays in granby. ThomT