View Full Version : Birds in Flight at Night

cow tamer
10-21-2006, 01:21 PM
From time to time I'll see a gull flying by in the night time sky. I had always thought that they didn't fly at night and left night time flight to the other nocturnals (bats, owls, etc.).

BigFish
10-21-2006, 03:19 PM
BasicPatrick landed a seagull by night the other night! Flew into his line as he cast.....released to fly another day....just shy of 28 inch wing span!:jump:

MikeTLive
10-21-2006, 03:29 PM
tastes like chicken

spence
10-21-2006, 03:33 PM
I love it when geese fly about ten feet over your head and you can hear the wind on their feathers :cool:

-spence

ProfessorM
10-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Most migratory birds move during the night time on there long journeys for what that's worth:rolleyes:

Backbeach Jake
10-21-2006, 05:05 PM
I see that at night all the time. Always thougt that it was odd and the birds always seem to be flying with a sense of urgency. On a side note, my brothers and I were fishing Bayside Truro one Oct. night and something HUGE flew over us. Blacked out the stars and didn't make a sound. I would still like to know what THAT was.

CapeDawg
10-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I see that at night all the time. Always thougt that it was odd and the birds always seem to be flying with a sense of urgency. On a side note, my brothers and I were fishing Bayside Truro one Oct. night and something HUGE flew over us. Blacked out the stars and didn't make a sound. I would still like to know what THAT was.

http://ufocasebook.com/Art/flatrocksreflect.jpg

numbskull
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM

Probably a Great Herron. I had one do the same thing to me, startled me something awful.

tattoobob
10-21-2006, 07:17 PM

UFO :alien:

gone fishin
10-21-2006, 07:56 PM
I flushed a Turkey Vulture from a swamp one night and it left skid marks in my shorts. They are HUGE and sound like a freight train taking off.:pop:

cow tamer
10-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Owls are starting to show up. Some of them are HUGE, especially to a field mouse.