View Full Version : Strange Night of Fishing

Brooksie
06-06-2002, 12:18 PM
Very strange night of fishing last night, I went down the Back River in Weymouth, while unpacking my gear from the van I see this guy walking up the path from the river being pursued by another man who was hammered, this guy was a site! Raggaty old clothes and absolutely filthy! So I just go about my buisness and head to the river. A guy and his chick are in my usual spot so I leave about 30' between us and start a fishin. All of a sudden a skunk strolls down from the woods, he was hurting big time, he must of had rabies. He was shaking and then fell over in the Reeds. I look to my left and I see the Drunken bum walking down with a rod and some bait. I was praying he wasn't going to sit next me as he got closer. He comes up to me and and asks me if I want to buy his rod and bait for 20 bucks. I was all set so he made his way over to the other guy, they warn him about the skunk. The bum goes over and picks up the skunk and has it cradled like a baby petting his head. We try to get him to leave it be, I was yelling at him as I was down wind and would be bumming if he sprayed. I decide to reel in and check my bait, and I get snagged. I try and free it and my friggin rod snaps in two, I didn't even pull back on it too hard. I figure oh well, i'll deal with that later and so I buy the bums rod for 20 bucks and continue fishing. Low and behold the skunk bites the bum in the hand, he ends up strangling it and throwing it in the river. Ofcourse the skunk sprayed, it had me gagging! Then th bum cant find the 20 and blames those 2 people and threatens them, the guy was going to pound him but held back and made him leave.

And, No Fish For Me. :af:

Mr. Kav
06-06-2002, 12:37 PM
SORRY THAT YOU DIDN'T CATCH ANY FISH BUT THAT CERTAINLY WAS A FUNNY STORY.

JohnR
06-06-2002, 12:50 PM
Pretty funny & scary too.

Have you seen this guy before? On the north side or south side? Reason being is a few people I know have had gear stolen from their cars over the past few years....

Well, look on the bright side, you don't have rabies & you don't need a tomato soup bath :laughs:

Brooksie
06-06-2002, 01:58 PM
The guy is known as Fast Eddie, I thought about that after, I said it to the people next to me, imagine if he stole this from a car and the owner comes down and sees me with it. The rod was nasty so I'm betting it was his. I took the reel off and cleaned it in the water befor using it. Its going in the trash as I will replace mine. Thats the 2nd time I snapped a rod. :smash:

capesams
06-06-2002, 02:24 PM
BOY- that's a stinky story...... but well written...I've only gotten mauled by horseshoe crabs, once they get those claws into ya,