View Full Version : North Shore Thursday Morning???

Sluggoslinger
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I have to meet a contractor up in Swampscott at 9:00AM on thursday and thought I would come up early and try to get a little fishing in. Is it still good up there?

I know I might be drifting into a spot burn question here so please don't feel like you have to give me any specific stuff. I'm just curious what is going on. Is it worth getting up early?

PM me if you want.

Thanks!

luds
10-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I would definately say it's worth a shot. I'm going to give it a go on Thursday night.

doc
10-24-2006, 06:21 PM
careful out there...surf is supposed to get really big toward the end of the week...but then again, that bodes well...

Sluggoslinger
10-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks, I'll be gettin up early then so I can be there when the lights come on.

luds
10-25-2006, 09:50 PM
careful out there...surf is supposed to get really big toward the end of the week...but then again, that bodes well...

I was out tonight and it was glass calm. No fish either.:fishslap:

The Dad Fisherman
10-26-2006, 06:53 AM
I was out tonight and it was glass calm. No fish either.:fishslap:

I was out early this AM and it was the same report.......

riverrat55
10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
I was at Plum Island this morning!!!
Birds were working over schools of stripers!!
I was able to catch some small stripers, but most were
just out of casting range!!!
But, they are still HERE!!!
:grins:

Sluggoslinger
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I got one dink this AM. First stop was Nahant but I had no idea parking was so difficult. I finally crossed my fingers and just left my car in front of about 20 Tow Zone signs and fished castle rock. no sign of life there so I packed up and drove north along the coast until I found some birds and a big blitz. Had one bite but it got off, nothing big then about 20m later I landed a dink. There was a massive blitz going on about 200yds out in a mooring field. I think there were big fish but it never got close enough to cast to.

Beautiful AM though!

Rockport24
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM
well there is no problem with a spot burn there since the spot you are talking about isn't even in Nahant! LOL

thanks for the reports guys, is it just me or are they here later this year up around our parts?

riverrat55
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
To me they seem to be here later this year!!!
Last year I think it ended here in the 2nd week of Oct.!!!
:think:

Rockport24
10-26-2006, 02:57 PM
yeah, last year I remember heading to RI a lot earlier. I think we had a bunch of storms last year and that kind of killed it.