View Full Version : Power Eels

OSSCA
10-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Has anyone out there had any success using power eels? I've been switching back and forth between them and slug-go's and so far it's sluggo 6 power eels 0. :eyes:

ridler72
10-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes I have had success. I used Ron Z's, Sluggos, Power Eels, this season, all black and all caught fish. I didn't notice any one stand out more then the other as far as catching but did find Power Eels and Ron Z's to be more durable. I like Sluggos for the tandem hook rigging option but for lead heads it gets torn up quick. The best one, IMO, with durability (other then stick on eyes coming off), price to quanity, while fishing lead heads are the Power Eels.

piemma
10-28-2006, 08:25 AM
what's wrong with live eels.....

spence
10-28-2006, 08:36 AM
They're slimey and gross.

-spence

OSSCA
10-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Had a slimey,gross live eel slip out of my hand and into my waders..still too painful to talk about ,my therapist says i'm making progress...:bc:

piemma
10-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Had a slimey,gross live eel slip out of my hand and into my waders..still too painful to talk about ,my therapist says i'm making progress...:bc:

Hysterical!!! Good comeback.

PoPin Plug
10-29-2006, 04:46 PM

:err:

PoPin Plug
10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
eel's are good but there a pain

most of the time this happens to me..... ok so i get there, and i reach in and they keep flopin around and slipping. but when i finaly get it on andcast it out it last for 30 seconds and its dead:mad: :exp: :scream2: ....then when i do get one and i get it on the hook it curls and curls and curls and sometimes get the hook in its tail and when i get it undone it happens again or they die.......... i hate eels.... but there good bait.....

anyone got a soulution?!?!?!?!

o and what real p/o's me and this happened about 4 times

i took a dead eel and trough it in the water bc it is dead and beat up and worthless and half eaten bye bluefish and then i see it floating away in the courent and a fat bass eats it...:err: anoys the crap out of me

PoPin Plug
10-29-2006, 05:01 PM
:topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

umm whats the best way to keep eel's alive???

3 bucket system

put ice with them

ice with sea weed

sea weed

cold/frozen sea weed?

OSSCA
10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
:thanks:

JohnR
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
:topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

umm whats the best way to keep eel's alive???

3 bucket system

put ice with them

ice with sea weed

sea weed

cold/frozen sea weed?

Basic How to on fishing them:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=7020

And the Hugely Effective "Keep Cool Eel Bucket":

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=9001

PoPin Plug
10-30-2006, 04:58 PM
john i soooo agree on that first sentence on that thing about eel's 101 hahaha