View Full Version : today on the rocks

quick decision
10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Fished the incoming tide today. I saw many birds working. Saw many fish caught this afternoon. Even saw two blue fish caught. I managed just one 25 inch fish, caught on a crippled heiring. I met "digger jigger" today. I saw the sb sticker on his bumper and I introduced myself.

jimmy z
10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
One fish is better tnan no fish.:)

Tagger
10-27-2006, 07:59 PM
don't want to spot burn, but how about ,, north ,, south,, of Boston ?

Diggin Jiggin
10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Quick decision, Nice to meet ya.

I should have stayed where I met you. I was hoping to get there for the end of the east but it was already going slack when I was talking with you. I ended up going a few miles west of there to a spot I've been wanting to try on the west tide. You got 1 more fish than I did.

Tagger, this was down the canal.

Mike P
10-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I ended up going a few miles west of there to a spot I've been wanting to try on the west tide.

This afternoon really didn't do it justice ;)

Your usual spot on the same west tide isn't half bad :humpty:

Diggin Jiggin
10-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Ya I like my usual haunts, but it's been a bit more crowded this year and while I was on that side I wanted to do a little exploring, see how the other half lives. I need to find 2 or 3 more good spots to fish. That spot won't be one of them, as fishing where we were today is almost the same as where I fish, it just seems to have consistantly bigger fish. Sooner or later I may join you guys in the lineup there, just not yet... I've got 7 miles of canal to fish and I spent 100+ nights this year on less than 1/2 mile of it. So much to learn still....

Before you got there JP came down, sets up next to me and hits 3 quick fish on 3 casts in a row and I didn't even have a tap. Guess thats what happen when you fish in someone elses pond :bl:

I never did get the feel for where I wanted to be in the drift there. I'm sure its like anyplace else and it takes a while to get the feel. I should have been casting further upcurrent like I normally do but I was trying to get it out in the middle and drop it downcurrent & fish it the way JP does.

JP thanks for trying to explain what you were doing & why. :btu: I got a kick out of the fact that you knew how long to count to hit bottom, that just fits in perfectly with your profession.