View Full Version : CC Canal from 5AM till Noon

bttfish
10-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Any hints? Is this a good time.. Take us an hour to get down there from Quincy. Plan to do this tomorrow morning. What are ur opinions or advice? :wave:
I figure we will go to "Murderer's Row" location.. Left of the fisherman's pier at Scussett beach, across from the Fish Plant (Power Plant)? What are our chances of picking up a couple of keepers to end our year with? Thanks... :wiggle:
Oh, if anyone of you work at Tufts, I will be sick tomorrow :bshake:
Must be the weather... :jump1:

Mike P
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
You will likely find all the schoolies you can handle at Murderers' Row. They tend to stay in the mooring basin all day long. Work underneath them--if you can get something down without one of them grabbing it--for a chance at some bigger fish. Once full daylight sets in, I would suggest holding off on casting to smaller breaking fish, and waiting to see if any bigger splashes start showing (these might turn out to be the blue bastages, tho).

Rob Rockcrawler
10-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I know its gettin late in the season and all. But im seeing some serious spot burnage goin on here lately when it comes to the canal. I also realize that the canal is a different beast than a spot of shore and that burnin places is a bit different. Just my .02 cuz if im drifitng an eel in the canal i need some serious space. Good luck out there, i will prolly be heading down this weekend for my last ditch effort:huh:

Mike P
10-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Murderers' Row is listed on every Canal fishing map I've ever seen. I don't think it's anyone's "secret spot".

tattoobob
10-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I think that a spot that is only fit for one or two guys or access limited should not be mentioned the canal on the other hand could probably hold a millon guys

t.orlando
10-31-2006, 10:48 PM
the canal on the other hand could probably hold a millon guys
Guess you never fish there

spence
10-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Guess you never fish there
Hence the "probably"...

-spence

CanalGuy
11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Canal spots should only be described in three ways- East end, West end, or middle.:rtfm:

bttfish
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks guys for your input. I got most of my information froma little booklet on the canal froma co-worker here at Tufts.
It basically highlighted the fishing spots for us. But we got most of our schooling from nice folks like yourself and the folks at the canal (most of them anyway) :jump:

Thank you...please keep the lessons coming.. I love learning from ya'all. :uhoh:

stiff tip
11-02-2006, 06:19 AM
if .......u need a keeper .... the spot is the counter at joes fish n lobster.. best bait is a ten dollar bill...

bttfish
11-02-2006, 08:26 AM
hahaha! Good one... :laugha:
We were actually about 1/2 hrs from heading towards that idea.. When we ran into Red Top. Plans change after we got some good leads. We did landed 60 stripers betwen the two of us. Largest was 27 inch. No keeper but lots of fun. Now we are still hurting. :gf: What is the goin' rate for a lb of lobster at Joes?