View Full Version : John Kerry

Skip N
10-31-2006, 08:27 PM
:hs: :mad:

spence
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Skipper, it's not that big of a deal. The Whitehouse is attempting to pick on an easy target to dis Dems because they're all in a pannic.

-spence

BigBo
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
You can't be serious :rollem:

spence
10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
A bit of spin...but put it in context. The bungled Bush foreign policy has so strapped our armed forces they're having to lower entrance standards to meet recruiting targets. It does harken to the Vietnam era stigma of the lower class bearing the brunt of the burden.

Is Kerry exploiting this stigma? Sure...but if it wasn't coming from his mouth I doubt many people would pay much attention. I don't think for a second Kerry doesn't respect the troops nor does he not realize our military is better educated than it has ever been.

But of more importance, it's our policy that has the troops in a bind...not their intelligence or their skill.

-spence

wheresmy50
10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
What John Kerry wanted to imply is that the President has created a mess that "you" don't want to be involved in.

What John Kerry actually implied was that the military is composed of people who were too dumb to do anything else.

Put it in any context you want, and try to rationalize what you think he was trying to say. The fact of the matter is that John Kerry actually managed to do more damage to the Democrat party, which makes me giddy.

It's funny how that works - when you feel a certain way and aren't careful, you might accidentally say what you feel. Now,

spence
10-31-2006, 09:12 PM
It's funny how that works - when you feel a certain way and aren't careful, you might accidentally say what you feel. Now,

Like when the GOP alludes to the notion that voting for a Dem is a vote for terrorisim?

People in glass houses...

-spence

Skitterpop
10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
I like Hiliary for President :smokin:

spence
10-31-2006, 10:14 PM
I like Hiliary for President :smokin:
Did you see her in the last debate?

She was looking pretty HOT :smokin:

-spence

tattoobob
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
The whole thing is that the poor fight the wars for the rich and as soon as someone points that out to them they cry wolf, the facts are that they got themselves into a war they can't find a way out of and by trashing the comments of Kerry and turning the tables they think it will take the blame off of them.

spence
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
People should really listen to this quote in context. Kerry is in no way dissing the troops...it's a bunch of GOP manipulation.

-spence

Raven
10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
spence and skitterpop ....thanks for the halloween scare...:btu:

and if you were both being serious ........ than go to hell...:whackin:

because both of those statements make me wanna barf :yak4::yak6:

Hillary would make a terrible president....and not because she's a woman either........

all she wants to do is rub noses with the british snobby queen.

if she were to be elected...i would no longer want to be an American.

tattoobob
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
People should really listen to this quote in context. Kerry is in no way dissing the troops...it's a bunch of GOP manipulation.

-spence

Exactly what I was trying to say

BigBo
10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah. She's pretty hot.:laugha:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/bospa/hillary.jpg

gone fishin
10-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Just as a little bit of information that many do not know…With the education policy now enforced in our schools, the military has been given the right to actively recruit any student that has grades lower than those needed for future education. That right has been given with the funds given from the government. When the recruiters go to the schools they are to be provided with the names from the school and they then pressure the kids to join the military service.

Folks that means the military is not necessarily looking for the brightest, but possibly those they think will not go any further. They offer some the opportunity to enlist and not even finish school.

I wonder if Kerry was referring to that policy ??:smokin:

11-01-2006, 06:22 AM
John Kerry has once again proved what he thinks of U.S. Military Men and Women.

fishpoopoo
11-01-2006, 07:42 AM

-spence

those comments, however intended, were completely unnecessary.

any way you spin it, it is a negative for the dems. you can't honestly believe that Nancy Pelosi (that scumbag #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& biTTCH) is happy about this?

riverrat55
11-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Kerry's statement was relevent when the Vietnam War was going on and there was a draft!!!
If you want to end this war and get the troops out of Iraq, you need to start a draft with NO deferments!!!
See how many Rich Kids would go, without their parents causing a Big STINK!!!
:hihi:

fishsmith
11-01-2006, 08:01 AM
The way I interperted the comment was - unless you're in college, you might get drafted.
This spin is what either party would do... politics suck.

The Dad Fisherman
11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Bottom Line...stupid thing to say.....Period. He should apologize and move on.

Good thing nobody in the Whitehouse ever says anything Stupid though, huh :rolleyes:

Raven
11-01-2006, 08:31 AM
politicians from both sides seem to be focussed on the war
in Iraq....understandably so, when snipers and IED's are picking
off our troops one by one killing 100 last month ....in fact.

the real issue imho is that the war that's fighting terrorism
will never end....it's a war that has no country as it's world wide.

securing our borders and keeping these terrorists out of america should
be a number one priority. recently a test study was done at many
airports where fake bombs were purposely smuggled in baggage
and they all got thru undetected by screeners showing that our
airport security measures are totally failing.

the sad thing is....all they have to do is to attack the saudi oil fields
and oil pipe lines to bring America to it's knee's without ever entering the usa.

spence
11-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Kerry's statement that it was a botched joke aimed at Bush seems to make perfect sense read in context.

I love the double standard.

George Bush can make jokes about not finding WMD, a perceived threat that has killed thousands and will cost over a trillion dollars.

And when Kerry jokes about his stupidity in doing this, you think he should appologize.

That's pathetic.

-spence

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 08:37 AM
No apology required, he said what he said. Instead of an apology I'd simply like to see Kerry and his pals choose to fight the real enemies of America instead of fighting the Americans who are fighting those enemies.

"uffah!!"
11-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Kerry's statement that it was a botched joke aimed at Bush seems to make perfect sense read in context.

I love the double standard.

George Bush can make jokes about not finding WMD, a perceived threat that has killed thousands and will cost over a trillion dollars.

And when Kerry jokes about his stupidity in doing this, you think he should appologize.

That's pathetic.

-spence

Hey spence, heres your double standard!!!They are BOTH finger educated....

deepsushi
11-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Irregardless of his intent it just goes to prove what a F@#$%^tard Kerry is. MA is so lucky to have such fine congressional representation :rolleyes:

I wish the man would return to his pre election political roots and regain his former status as the congressman with the worst voting attendance in the Senate. (Probably because he was too busy tearing around in his 23 seacraft bouncing off the channel markers in Vineyard Sound while entertaining his very young mistress...)

Bronko
11-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Nice little October suprise.

Nothing like feeding the “anti-war party” beast. I find it ironic that he has finally decided to play tough guy when under fire from the GOP and refuse to apologize. Unfortunately he is only 2 ½ years late, had he taken a stand like this when he was campaigning, he would have won.

The democrats have a major problem here. All of the Dems I know wanted Kerry the hell out of the way before this happened. They want him just to disappear. Now they have to decide whether to stand with him or cut him loose. What a foolish foolish mistake he made.

The liberals are playing the "non-story" card. But, right now this thing has legs.

MakoMike
11-01-2006, 09:34 AM

-spence

I did listen to the quote, as well as the preceeding remarks. Immediately prior he is admonishing his audience to study hard, do their homework and become smarter or else "they'll be stuck in Iraq." If anyone is spinning this its the dems, it's extrodinarily clear from the context that Kerry was NOT talking about Bush, but about the men and women who arte in Iraq, i.e. our armed forces.

"uffah!!"
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I finally realized what spence's problem is! It all stems from the 2000..."stolen election". It'll take him awhile to get over the fact that they just lost it...

spence
11-01-2006, 10:03 AM
If anyone is spinning this its the dems, it's extrodinarily clear from the context that Kerry was NOT talking about Bush, but about the men and women who arte in Iraq, i.e. our armed forces.
That's silly.

Again, if it wasn't Kerry and the Vietnam era stigma he represents to many this wouldn't the story it is. Does anyone really believe Kerry thinks our military is dumb? I sure don't...

Certainly Kerry shouldn't have left himself open as he did, but given the level of campaign rhetoric from both sides this isn't deserving of the press it's getting.

The GOP can't do enough to distract the American people from their record, let's not forget that.

-specne

spence
11-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I finally realized what spence's problem is! It all stems from the 2000..."stolen election". It'll take him awhile to get over the fact that they just lost it...
Yea, I'm moping about...that's it :doh:

Uffah!! It's the policy stupid!

-spence

Canalman
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
You know what's really funny? Spence makes all you guys like like idiots and you don;t even realize it! :laughs:

These new "tabloid" style Politics drag all the same kinds of people the "enquirer" drags out, puppet rednecks who don;t know what they stand for. Bush says something stupid you all follow him like puppies, Bush says something smart, you lick his hand and keep on going. It's HILARIOUS from here, but SCARY for the future of our nation. NOBODY in politics talks about what we CAN do to become BETTER people or a better nation. It's all about what the OTHER guy is doing WRONG. Sickening... Bush has not done ONE thing right IMHO and you guys can't see the forest for the trees (you don;t know what that means either prob) it's ok... he's not my president, and never will be....

Skip N
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
My buddy is currently in the US Army medical school program in Bethesda. He's got his masters degree in micro biology from N.C. State, and decided to enlist in the Army for his Medical school training last year, and he knows full well he could be deployed once his schooling is done. But according to Kerry, my buddy's just an uneducated idiot. Thanks John for offending my good friend.

Kerry has a track record of talking down to our military, all the trash he spewed in front of congress trashing his fellow soldiers during Vietnam, and of course his statements last year, saying our soldiers in Iraq are terrorizing Iraqi women and children in the night.

Wether he truly means this, or is just really crappy trying to get his point accross i have no idea. But i'm seeing a pattern of him talking bad about our troops....

Some Dems are now coming out asking for Kerry to retract his statement. Did ya hear that Spence? Dems are saying this too. Its not just us right wingers who find this offensive.

spence
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
But according to Kerry, my buddy's just an uneducated idiot.
Actually no, I can't see how anyone could read it that way.

Aside from perhaps yourself and Uffah!! :humpty:

-spence

Skip N
11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
You know what's really funny? Spence makes all you guys like like idiots and you don;t even realize it! :laughs:

These new "tabloid" style Politics drag all the same kinds of people the "enquirer" drags out, puppet rednecks who don;t know what they stand for. Bush says something stupid you all follow him like puppies, Bush says something smart, you lick his hand and keep on going. It's HILARIOUS from here, but SCARY for the future of our nation. NOBODY in politics talks about what we CAN do to become BETTER people or a better nation. It's all about what the OTHER guy is doing WRONG. Sickening... Bush has not done ONE thing right IMHO and you guys can't see the forest for the trees (you don;t know what that means either prob) it's ok... he's not my president, and never will be....

You sound like Kerry now, but instead of trashing our troops and calling them idiots, you're calling all Bush supporters rednecks and dopes.

You, Spence and Kerry all have this elitist mentality. For some reason you guys think you're all better than the rest of us. You guys know everything, and will solve the worlds problems, and us republican rednecks should just go plow some fields and stay away. Nice, real nice. But keep talking, talk like this will never get Dems elected! People hate know it all snobs.

spence
11-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I love it...CANALMAN is an elitist!!!

:bounce: :beat: :hihi: :humpty: :hee: :heybaby: :rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

-spence

MakoMike
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
That's silly.

Where do you see a reference to Bush in this quote? Remember he is talking to an audience of students.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq"

If you think the pronoun "you" refers to Bush, you need to go back to English classes. :)

Backbeach Jake
11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I love it...CANALMAN is an elitist!!!

:bounce: :beat: :hihi: :humpty: :hee: :heybaby: :rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

-spence

Oh crap! I guess I am ,too!

Canalman
11-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Hey Skip... go plow a field :tooth:.... keep talking you almost sound intelligent! :rotfl:

Canalman
11-01-2006, 12:48 PM
:bl2: :bl2: elitist :bl2: :laughs:

you guys kill me :laughs:

Swimmer
11-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Three months in Vietnam
Three purple hearts-two minor knicks were inflicted by himself
One silver star

Ya right:poke:

I know guys I worked with that were point men in marine platoons who fought in the bush for twelve god damn months inflicted all kinds of enemy damage and received a hand shake and a smile upon mustering out. He's John Forbes Kerry who submitted his own commendation reccomendations and ends up with four medals. He is a blight on the truth. Oh I am not a veteran, Kerry says I am not to have an opinon about veterans or war!

Canalman
11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
He was there though... not hiding behind dad like a pussy

spence
11-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I know guys I worked with that were point men in marine platoons who fought in the bush for twelve god damn months inflicted all kinds of enemy damage and received a hand shake and a smile upon mustering out. He's John Forbes Kerry who submitted his own commendation reccomendations and ends up with four medals.
And unlike myself he put himself into harms way. I don't really care about his personal goals or ego...the simple fact is he could have ended up dead just like 50,000 other Americans.

-spence

Swimmer
11-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Spence the only people who are sticking up for him in regard to his Vietnam service are the guys that served with him on his Swift boat. The Swift boat veterans for truth sure as hell didn't. Yes he was there, and it is difficult critisizing his him in that regard, but his overall reason that he enlisted was to further his political career that was being laid out for him.

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:05 PM
but his overall reason that he enlisted was to further his political career that was being laid out for him.

Boy I have trouble believing that one... but if you say so

spence
11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes he was there, and it is difficult critisizing his him in that regard, but his overall reason that he enlisted was to further his political career that was being laid out for him.
Even if that was so...who cares?

If your ambition is to be President I'd think that military service would look pretty good on your resume. The notion that he put himself in harms way to do so shows some serious balls if you ask me.

-spence

Clogston29
11-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Where do you see a reference to Bush in this quote? Remember he is talking to an audience of students.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq"

If you think the pronoun "you" refers to Bush, you need to go back to English classes. :)

I really think that it was supposed to be a joke/shot and just did not come out even close to right, the way I heard it I thought he was trying to say:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it (unlike our president), if you study hard and you do your homework (unlike our president), and you make an effort to be smart (unlike our president), uh, you, you can do well (unlike our president). If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq (like our president)"

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
True.

When did this become a Kerry love/hate thread, I thought we were talking about the gross misuse of Kerrys words by the rednecks :bl2: :heybaby:

stripersnipr
. Sickening... Bush has not done ONE thing right IMHO and you guys can't see the forest for the trees (you don;t know what that means either prob) it's ok... he's not my president, and never will be....

Wow your right, "Forest for the trees" way over my head. LMAO........ Have anymore deep intellectual observations you can challenge us Republicans us with?

Mike P
Does anyone really believe Kerry thinks our military is dumb? I sure don't...

-specne

I do, at least in part. I think Kerry believes that anyone who has "E-x" instead of "O-x" as their pay grade is dumb ;) Just like most other ROTC butterbars. And I don't doubt for a second that the 90 day wonder in the White House shares that opinion.

spence
11-01-2006, 01:15 PM
"You know, education, if you make the most of it (unlike our president), if you study hard and you do your homework (unlike our president), and you make an effort to be smart (unlike our president), uh, you, you can do well (unlike our president). If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq (like our president)"
Exactly.

But since the GOP has no record to run on, let's get the base all whipped up into a frenzy over nothing...while 101 US Troops die in October alone with a future trending towards even more violence.

But according to Uffah, I'm just upset because Bush stole the 2000 election. :yak4: :yak4: :yak4:

-spence

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow your right, "Forest for the trees" way over my head. LMAO........ Have anymore deep intellectual observations you can challenge us Republicans us with?

You must be an independent if you can understand that ;)

Skip N
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
He was there though... not hiding behind dad like a pussy

Yeah, Bill Clinton was a pussy! :rotf2:

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:18 PM
But for the hell of it, why don;t you explain it.... in 40 words or less :rotf2:

spence
11-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I do, at least in part. I think Kerry believes that anyone who has "E-x" instead of "O-x" as their pay grade is dumb ;) Just like most other ROTC butterbars. And I don't doubt for a second that the 90 day wonder in the White House shares that opinion.
Was listening to Mike Barnacle on MSNBC this afternoon describe how Kerry broke down in tears while speaking at the funeral for a "lower pay grade" friend of his a few years back.

While the generalization may be true, it may not always be true.

-spence

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
This is all bull$#!+.... lets think in a lucid manner for about 3 minutes, then we can get back to blowing each other up and having fun. :hf1:

Do any one of you REALLY think that with what JK has at stake, he would really say something that would infuriate and insult the American troops and ignite battles like this one all over the country? Of course not, he's not witty and he SHOULD have been more careful, but this, like everything else, has been blown WAY out of proportion. I think MOST people can see this... just a bad joke in poor taste, nothing "sir-farts-a-lot" isn't guilty of himself. :rude:

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
But for the hell of it, why don;t you explain it.... in 40 words or less :rotf2:

Put it in this context: An individual or group of individuals is too fixated on negative generalizations of a group of individuals whose opinions differ from his own. This tends to prevent that individual from making rational decisions or forming realistic opinions that would lead to a true understanding of the reality of situations. That Shoe seems to fit on both feet doesn't it?

"uffah!!"
11-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Spence, your just a Bush hater, thats all there is to that. He could come and kiss your a$$ and you would complain that his lips were to hard.
I started disliking Dems the day I got off the plane in So.Calif. from Siagon when them a$$holes started calling us baby killers and suckers for doing Uncle Sams killing for him. Dems are no good and never will be any good in my book. Maybe I'm still better,but thats the way I feel!!!

spence
11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
That Shoe seems to fit on both feet doesn't it?
It does for those unable or unwilling to make an attempt at objectivity.

-spence

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Put it in this context: An individual or group of individuals is too fixated on negative generalizations of a group of individuals whose opinions differ from his own. This tends to prevent that individual from making rational decisions or forming realistic opinions that would lead to a true understanding of the reality of situations. That Shoe seems to fit on both feet doesn't it?

I like it... I was just bustin your balls, well done though :cheers:

Skip N
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
I guess these soldiers in Iraq won't be voting for Kerry in 2008 if he runs for President again!

Redsoxticket
There are thousand of soldiers dead from this war. What JK said whether right or wrong has absolutely no value to the overall problem that the US is encountering.
It is pathetic how the media and GOP play this out instead of speaking about the future.

spence
It's more than 40 words ;)

-spence

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I guess these soldiers in Iraq won't be voting for Kerry anytime soon!

I think everyone can share that humor.

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Spence, your just a Bush hater, thats all there is to that. He could come and kiss your a$$ and you would complain that his lips were to hard.
I started disliking Dems the day I got off the plane in So.Calif. from Siagon when them a$$holes started calling us baby killers and suckers for doing Uncle Sams killing for him. Dems are no good and never will be any good in my book. Maybe I'm still better,but thats the way I feel!!!

That's not fair and should never have happened, but I'm sure there were reps in there too. Do you vote Rep no matter what? Bush is not a good Rep, he doesn't follow what others before him had and... what's up with this bible BS? I might swirch teams too If I had to endure that... like I said NOT FAIR.

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
It's more than 40 words ;)

-spence

I guess Rednecks cant count. :drool:

Bronko
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
This is all bull$#!+.... lets think in a lucid manner for about 3 minutes, then we can get back to blowing each other up and having fun. :hf1:

Do any one of you REALLY think that with what JK has at stake, he would really say something that would infuriate and insult the American troops and ignite battles like this one all over the country? Of course not, he's not witty and he SHOULD have been more careful, but this, like everything else, has been blown WAY out of proportion. I think MOST people can see this... just a bad joke in poor taste, nothing "sir-farts-a-lot" isn't guilty of himself. :rude:

I'd throw the brakes on there Canalman. You are walking on a slippery slope with that line of reasoning. I doubt you'd want to go back and retroactively apply that theory to all scandals.... I mean Mark Foley had a lot to lose...and although in poor taste... they really were ONLY emails...

Canalman
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I guess Rednecks cant count. :drool:

:jump: oh that was GOOD!

fishpoopoo
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
john kerry and ma$$holes deserve each other.

deepsushi
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Heres what your horsefaced idol had to say today:

"appearing at an event for military families in New York, Sen. Hillary Clinton called Kerry's comments Monday "inappropriate."

"I think elections are about the future. No one wants see us re-fight the 2004 election. ... What Senator Kerry said was inappropriate," Clinton told reporters. "

Not a fan of Hillary but kudos to her for telling that idiot Kerry to S.T.F.U.

spence
11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, that was then and this is now. I think most everybody, including Kerry would agree that how a lot of people turned their anger towards the troops was an ugly part of our history.

When Kerry was in front of the Senate I wasn't even a year old, and as such that time is not much of an influence on my thinking, other than perhaps understanding why some still feel the way they do. I don't begrudge Vietnam Vets for having issues with Kerry.

But I will say this in all seriousness. If you link my objections to the policy of the Bush Administration to the Democratic Party to a 35 year old grudge...There's nothing I can say to make you think otherwise. You and Skipper are just not thinking straight.

-spence

Canalman
11-01-2006, 02:08 PM
john kerry and ma$$holes deserve each other.

:rude: ok there giggles

Bronko
11-01-2006, 02:11 PM
ouch...

"uffah!!"
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Oh, I'm thinking straight.I don't agree with what the Rep are doing in Iraq. But I defenitely don't like the Dem way of try to get back into office. They were in for 40years. Where did they take us. Korea,Viet-Nam,Bosinea,Somila. None of those countries attacted us. Excuse the spelling, not a very good speller!! But you do know my meaning!!

Canalman
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
That's funny.. but they can't spell

spence
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
But I defenitely don't like the Dem way of try to get back into office.
And what way is that?

-spence

slapshot
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
I, for one, and sick of them (000-000-0000) calling my house to ask who I am voting for. Do they really think I will change my mind week to week? They finally had the stones to tell me their call was funded by some Democrat party....

I told them to write down my answer and keep it. Its not changing, so stop calling.

mekcotuit
11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Watching the Republican-fueled uproar over John Kerry's fumbled attempt at humor, it's clear the GOP will do anything to keep the pre-election debate off its failed policies in Iraq -- trash Michael J. Fox, go after David Letterman and Rosie O'Donnell, pounce on Kerry.

It's all about distracting voters from the real issues on the table.

This Kerry thing couldn't be more of a non-issue. Everyone -- especially a veteran like John Kerry -- supports the troops.
That's not the debate; the debate is whether we are leaving our troops in the crossfire of a sectarian civil war with no clear mission and a job they are ill-equipped for (since when is our military trained to resolve thousand-year old religious hatreds?).

President Bush seized the opportunity to grandstand in a crowd of friendlies and labeled Senator Kerry's remarks "insulting" and "shameful." Insulting and shameful. Sort of like... I don't know... "Bring 'em on." Bring 'em on" was not only insulting and shameful, it was a death sentence.
But when I saw the tape of the president's stump speech and heard him say, "Our troops deserve the full support of our government," in the context of blasting the senator's gaffe, I instantly flashed back to "bring 'em on" and the six year nightmare this man's administration has wrought upon you and I and especially our soldiers in Iraq whose sacrifice was a premeditated and cynical political plot designed as the cornerstone of their Commander-in-Chief's strategy for winning a second term. They deserve better than "bring 'em on" and the president deserves to be reminded of that statement for the remainder of his pathetic career in Washington. As Kerry said, it's Bush who should apologize to the troops for sending them off to die with no clear strategy for winning.

spence
11-01-2006, 02:30 PM
They finally had the stones to tell me their call was funded by some Democrat party....
No...not the bore worms!

-spence

spence
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
President Bush seized the opportunity to grandstand in a crowd of friendlies and labeled Senator Kerry's remarks "insulting" and "shameful." Insulting and shameful. Sort of like... I don't know... "Bring 'em on." Bring 'em on" was not only insulting and shameful, it was a death sentence.
But when I saw the tape of the president's stump speech and heard him say, "Our troops deserve the full support of our government," in the context of blasting the senator's gaffe, I instantly flashed back to "bring 'em on" and the six year nightmare this man's administration has wrought upon you and I and especially our soldiers in Iraq whose sacrifice was a premeditated and cynical political plot designed as the cornerstone of their Commander-in-Chief's strategy for winning a second term. They deserve better than "bring 'em on" and the president deserves to be reminded of that statement for the remainder of his pathetic career in Washington. As Kerry said, it's Bush who should apologize to the troops for sending them off to die with no clear strategy for winning.
Well said.

But I'd add that you're nothing more than a pink pany wearing commie who's stuck on the 2000 election. Face it, Bush won! :rolleyes:

-spence

mekcotuit
11-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Well said.

But I'd add that you're nothing more than a pink pany wearing commie who's stuck on the 2000 election. Face it, Bush won! :rolleyes:

-spence

Close, actually the family has been Dorothy Day folks since 1934....:cheers:

"uffah!!"
11-01-2006, 02:59 PM
And as someone said, even if the Dems swept both houses of congress, the policy in Iraq is still uo to Bush for the next two years. The House and Senate really can't do much about it without damaging themselves.
Bush is done, a lame duck if there ever was one. and for two years not a damn thing will be done. The Dems will pass legislation that won't mean $hit. The sole reason they will pass it is so they can make claims in the 2008 election,"we tried to fix it "!! Thats just the way the Dems work.

Canalman
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Sounds eerily like the rep policy... we all suck :cputin:

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
I think the biggest surprise Democrats have coming on November 8th, is the fact that George W. Bush will still be president.

(This is where you guys respond: "Impeachment"!, And I respond: "If only you guys would fight our mutual enemies with such tenacity we'd live in a much safer world)

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 03:43 PM
"Hello, is this the Rhode Island State Police?"

"Yes. What can I do for you?"

"I'm calling to report my neighbor, Spence.

He's drilling holes in his firewood and hiding marijuana

inside!"

"Thank you very much for the call, sir."

The next day, the Detectives and Officers descend on Spences house.

They search the shed where the firewood is kept.

Using axes, they split every piece of wood, but find no

marijuana.

They sneer at Spence and leave.

The phone rings at Spences house.

"Hey, Spence! This is Stripersnipr. Did the Police come to your house?"

"Yeah!, how'd you know?"

"Did they split your firewood?"

Yeah!, How'd you know?"

"Consider it an early Christmas present buddy!"

Who says Rednecks are dumb?

spence
11-01-2006, 03:47 PM
(This is where you guys respond: "Impeachment"!, And I respond: "If only you guys would fight our mutual enemies with such tenacity we'd live in a much safer world)
Funny, I've often thought that if Bush had Karl Rove spend 1/2 his time manipulating the perception of the Islamic World, rather than seeking to divide the USA in the hope of maintaining a permanent GOP majority they would:

1) Actually do something to make us safer
2) Maintain power through a successful agenda

The notion that anger towards Bush is a Democrat thing is misplaced.

This is not a debate about idiology as much as it is about competency and honesty. For these reasons Bush's approval ratings at at 37% as it's "middle America" who's pissed off.

-spence

spence
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
And as someone said, even if the Dems swept both houses of congress, the policy in Iraq is still uo to Bush for the next two years. The House and Senate really can't do much about it without damaging themselves.
Nonsense. They can return to their proper role providing oversight rather than just rubberstamping bad policy and hiding the aftermath from the voters.

Think of how Iraq would be different today had the GOP had the spine to question the critical and blatantly obvious policy blunders before our blood and treasure was on the line.

Bush is done, a lame duck if there ever was one. and for two years not a damn thing will be done. The Dems will pass legislation that won't mean $hit. The sole reason they will pass it is so they can make claims in the 2008 election,"we tried to fix it "!! Thats just the way the Dems work.
What's ironic is that the entire purpose of the Republican Congress has been to focus on issues people don't care about (i.e. gay people and flag burning) so they can have their "wedge issues" come election time, and to fleece the taxpayer by growing the budget defecit to funnel billions to special interests.

As bad as you think the Dems could be, face it, you've hit ROCK BOTTOM.

Where's Barry Goldwater when we need him!

-spence

MakoMike
11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I really think that it was supposed to be a joke/shot and just did not come out even close to right, the way I heard it I thought he was trying to say:

Just like the other mind-readers in the media. Where do see the words in the Parenthesies? You dould just as easily say "we should go to war with Iraq because of their weapons of mass destructin (if they had them).

Bronko
11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Looks like the pride of the party got new orders from the mothership.:bl2:

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/local/local_story_305000815.html?keyword=topstory

Notice how quickly ole' Johnny is being abandoned... Hillary, Harold Ford...they are all taking shots at him for what he said. Saying it was innapropriate etc. I thought it was just a mistake?

Let me set the scene. The 15 SUV entourage roaring through downtown Makato. The phone rings, the SUVs stop. Kerry and advisors get out roadside for a quick conference call. The caravan turns around and heads back to the airport. The Dems issue a statement that Kerry has decided to return to DC and not stump for any Democratic contenders, instead he will tend to his constituents and not detract from the upcoming elections.

The republicans are throwing everything they have at this slip-up and the Dems are trying to counter-spin the best they can. Welcome to Partisan Politics 101.:cputin:

RIJIMMY
11-01-2006, 05:31 PM
what he said was lame, period. ALL the Bush adminstation said was that he should aplogize. Suddenly the media's fervor is something Bush is driving? Ridiculous. The words are driving the fervor and not the Repubs.
I heard Kerry this morning on Imus and I felt embarrassed for him. He sounded like a 4 year old making up excuses and it just wasnt working. It was sort of sad.

Bronko
11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
RIJIMMY, how dare you insinuate that Kerry's own spoken words are clearly and unequivocably his own fault, and that those words are being interperted in the exact context and in the exact meaning in which they were spoken?

Where do you get off claiming that his monumental screw-up is the sole cause for this debacle?

How dare you not implicate Bush, Cheney or Rove in your assertions. Where do you get the balls?

:bl:

Skitterpop
11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Smoke and mirrors to deflect the steady view and contemplation of the sad truth by the masses

Pete_G
11-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Smoke and mirrors to deflect the steady view and contemplation of the sad truth by the masses

Agreed. Disgraceful displays by both sides, both Kerry's failed attempt at mocking Bush and the feigned horror by Bush at Kerry's obvious mis-step. But really pointless compared to 104 people not coming home last month.

I haven't watched the evening news yet but I wouldn't doubt that the Kerry story gets twice as much coverage as any American who died in Iraq today, if anyone died today.

tattoobob
11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Pretty sad that on a nice day 11/1/06 it was over 70* and all of you sat on your computer on this thread and wasted it

Don't any of you fish?

Pete_G
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Pretty sad that on a nice day 11/1/06 it was over 70* and all of you sat on your computer on this thread and wasted it

Don't any of you fish?

Heading out shortly. Too late to catch the good part of the drop so I'm waiting for the incoming. :ss:

spence
11-01-2006, 07:22 PM

Don't any of you fish?
Some of us have jobs.

-spence

tattoobob
11-01-2006, 07:25 PM
So do I, sorry don't know where your getting your info from?

riverrat55
11-01-2006, 08:05 PM
WOW!!!!!
4 pages of this sh&*^!!!!
It would be nice if this was 4 pages of fishing reports!!!
Like I said before=
I HATE ALL= Govt's/Religion/ and Politicians!!!!!!!!!
The world would be a better place without them!!!!!!!!!!!
:rocketem:

PI guy
11-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Republicans love spinning this because it draws attention from the fact that they covered up a pedophile amongst them. :hihi:

stripersnipr
11-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Republicans love spinning this because it draws attention from the fact that they covered up a pedophile amongst them. :hihi:

At least they force their pedophiles to resign.

Skitterpop
11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
or go into the priesthood

spence
11-02-2006, 06:58 AM
So do I, sorry don't know where your getting your info from?
????

-spence

Skitterpop
11-02-2006, 08:29 AM
????

-spence

???? :tooth: Time for a new thread

spence
11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Yea, Kerry said sorry as well.

What is the GOP going to do now that they can't beat that horse?

-spence

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Yea, Kerry said sorry as well.

What is the GOP going to do now that they can't beat that horse?

-spence

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he says he is apologizing for. Sounds like one of his "I actually decided to apologize after I decided not to apologize" routines. Like that justifies anything. I dont really see this so much as a partisan issue due to the fact that bumbling, pompous, idiots are found in all political parties. As bad as Bush may be I'd take him over this out of touch, arrogant, pompous creep anytime.

Skip N
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
More flip floppin' from Kerry, he said he wasnt going to apologize, now he is apologizing? He know's he ruined any chance at running for president again after those idiotic comments, so he's trying to save his ass the best he can.

Too late John, if you were truly sorry you wouldnt have waited three days to apologize. He's only apologizing because he sees how pissed Americans are at him.

Only folks like Spence think you're being sincere!

spence
11-02-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he says he is apologizing for.
This isn't that complicated. It's just like if I say something stupid to my wife I didn't mean, she still wants me to say I'm sorry...

But to be honest, the entire thing is absurd. You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?

Kerry is an easy target and I think a lot of the Bush Bots just feel good jumping on the pile.

-spence

slapshot
11-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I am glad crackpots like Pilosi, Kerry and Dean are the spokemen of the democrat party. They simply aren't electable.

spence
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
I am glad crackpots like Pilosi, Kerry and Dean are the spokemen of the democrat party. They simply aren't electable.
Yet all of them have been elected :as:

-spence

Skip N
11-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Lets assume for a second that Kerry's so called joke was meant for President Bush. Even if this is the case, should a high ranking member of congress be calling the commander in chief an idiot during the time of war? Oh wait, he's a dem, thats all they do! :jester:

Spence, would you care to defend #^&#^&#^&#^& Durdan's comments from a couple years ago? You know, when he compared our soldiers to Nazi's and war criminals?

Or even Kerry's comments from last year, saying our soldiers in Iraq go into peoples homes and terrorize women and children?

Or John Murtha accusing Marines in Iraq of murder before they even had a trial.

There's a scary pattern with democrats having negative comments towards the military.

You seem to love defending these idiots though, so please defend away!

The Dad Fisherman
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
should a high ranking member of congress be calling the commander in chief an idiot during the time of war?

If the Shoe Fits....

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 11:00 AM
This isn't that complicated. It's just like if I say something stupid to my wife I didn't mean, she still wants me to say I'm sorry...

But to be honest, the entire thing is absurd. You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?

Kerry is an easy target and I think a lot of the Bush Bots just feel good jumping on the pile.

-spence

As I said before he half/assed apoligized, I dont think an apology is needed. He said what he said and people will intrepret it as they choose apology or not. Bush, Hillary, and Ford to name a few felt an apology was required so after a few days he changed his position on apologizing and made an attempt at it. As far as Marines requiring it, nope I dont think all the apologies in the world are going to change their viewpoint of John Kerry. The Democrats at this point need to scramble to minimize the overall effect this will have on the Miltary vote. If our Miltary demonstrates a transposed Democratic strategy (Anything Against Bush) into Anything Against Kerry, it could hurt in 06 and 08. As far as the botched joke thing, his attempt at trying to make a joke referencing Bush as an uneducated idiot (As if refering to a sitting President as an uneducated idiot in War time is acceptable by any low standard of decency) has had the opposite effect especially seeing how Bush had a higher GPA at Yale then Kerry did. If there wasn't a pattern of these types of remarks by Kerry maybe this would go away as quietly as you would like.

spence
11-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Skipper, get yur head out of the sand. You attack statements of little importance while defending policy blunders that actually kill people.

-spence

Redsoxticket
11-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Kerry should have said was

You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, then all you can intellectually handle would be is one liners and not real issues like Iraq.

spence
11-02-2006, 11:04 AM
As I said before he half/assed apoligized, I dont think an apology is needed. He said what he said and people will intrepret it as they choose apology or not. Bush, Hillary, and Ford to name a few felt an apology was required so after a few days he changed his position on apologizing and made an attempt at it.
It's all about politics. The botched joke was political, the Whitehouse jumping on it was political, and the Dems calling for an appology was political...
As far as Marines requiring it, nope I dont think all the apologies in the world are going to change their viewpoint of John Kerry.
And still nearly all of the 40+ Iraq vets running for Congress are on the Democratic ticket.
The Democrats at this point need to scramble to minimize the overall effect this will have on the Miltary vote.
I think the US Military cares a lot more about where they're going to be sent, why they're going to be sent and if they'll be properly equipped with a plan for success!

THAN ANYTHING JOHN KERRY HAS TO SAY.

-spence

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 11:55 AM
It's all about politics. The botched joke was political, the Whitehouse jumping on it was political, and the Dems calling for an appology was political...

And still nearly all of the 40+ Iraq vets running for Congress are on the Democratic ticket.

I think the US Military cares a lot more about where they're going to be sent, why they're going to be sent and if they'll be properly equipped with a plan for success!

THAN ANYTHING JOHN KERRY HAS TO SAY.

-spence
Well if the Democrats are politicizing the issue I guess its okay, but shame on Republicans for the same thing, :rolleyes:

While those 40 Democrat/Soldiers chose to run for office rather than fighting a War might tell us a little something in itself.

As far as what the Military thinks about John Kerry I have some first hand knowledge on that matter considering I have several family members both deployed and returned (and one volunteering to go back) from Iraq and trust me on this: They and their friends do not consider John Kerry a friend or a hero, and yes they do care when a Senator from their home state accuses them of Terrorizing women and children.
As far as being concerned about where and why they are deployed, of course they wonder where but being soldiers and airmen the why isn't really their concern. Accomplishing the mission they are assigned is their concern. While they may not agree with all of Bushs strategic policies they do have a far better understanding of them than you or I and they do agree with most. The objections they do have are expressed in a thoughtful and respectful manner. In my book that makes them better Soldiers, Airmen and Human Beings than Kerry ever thought of being. (By the way they all but one are college graduates)

spence
11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
While those 40 Democrat/Soldiers chose to run for office rather than fighting a War might tell us a little something in itself.
So you're saying they're running from Iraq to take the easy road in a life of politics.

I think you owe the brave fighting men and women of the US Armed Forces an appology.

-spence

Skip N
11-02-2006, 12:41 PM
So you're saying they're running from Iraq to take the easy road in a life of politics.

I think you owe the brave fighting men and women of the US Armed Forces an appology.

-spence

Funny, when Kerry or any Dem rips into the military you dont demand any sort of appology from them. But now your offended by comments made by Stripersnipr? Helloooo double standard!

spence
11-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Funny, when Kerry or any Dem rips into the military you dont demand any sort of appology from them. But now your offended by comments made by Stripersnipr? Helloooo double standard!
So you're taking his side?

You both owe the US Military an appology.

-spence

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 12:46 PM

-spence

I think thats what you wish I said.

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?
-spence

Spence,

I haven't seen Lt. Colonel Dan Walter around lately, but on his behalf I'd like to offer you this cup of shut the f*ck up again.

What's really not amusing is when those of us over here have to listen to those of you back there, especially those who have no personal stake, talk as though you only have our best interests at heart...when most of us would prefer just you pipe down...

...Spence, don't presume to use my family thinking you know who or what insults them. They'd tell you to shut your gobs.

spence
11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I think thats what you wish I said.
Are you saying you "botched" the statement? I find that hard to believe.

There are a lot of US Vets running for office who demand your appology.

-spence

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 12:57 PM

Actually its pretty a typical response to be expected from the dark side. Twisting others statements to force fit it into their agenda. But lets clarify it a bit for those who cant see the forest for the trees. 40 soldiers left the military to run for Democratic office. Now that leaves a question as to why. Everyone of us is entitled to his or her opinion as to why. I have several possible conclusions but I'm not quite sure which one is most likely yet. Spence thinks that deserves an apology but calling a sitting President in war time an idiot and Kerry accusing our Troops of Terrorizing women and children doesn't. This is way beyond double standards. This is downright hypocrisy.

spence
11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I haven't seen Lt. Colonel Dan Walter around lately, but on his behalf I'd like to offer you this cup of shut the f*ck up again.
Yea, because if we'd all just be quite and let this stellar foreign policy team work it's magic everything would be ok.

:yak5:

-spence

Skip N
11-02-2006, 01:00 PM

-spence

If i were you, i'd shut up and quit taking your lame shots at myself and others. You know know damn well were i stand regarding our troops. You just think your so funny playing your little games, trying to make it sound like we dont care and respect our soldiers.

When you and your liberal friends are the first ones to accuse and %$%$%$%$ all over our troops for political gain. Just look at the crazy statements made by the party YOU support.

spence
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Actually its pretty a typical response to be expected from the dark side. Twisting others statements to force fit it into their agenda. But lets clarify it a bit for those who cant see the forest for the trees. 40 soldiers left the military to run for Democratic office. Now that leaves a question as to why. Everyone of us is entitled to his or her opinion as to why. I have several possible conclusions but I'm not quite sure which one is most likely yet. Spence thinks that deserves an apology but calling a sitting President in war time an idiot and Kerry accusing our Troops of Terrorizing women and children doesn't. This is way beyond double standards. This is downright hypocrisy.
Actually they are Vets returning from Iraq after their service was complete or their injuries prevented their return. A woman running for the US House in IL lost both her legs in Iraq.

Why do you hate Democratic Veterans so much? Can't you just say I'm sorry?

-spence

spence
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
You know know damn well were i stand regarding our troops.
Yes, you bash them if they're Dems. No respect and no applogy.

-spence

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM

-spence

You speak for veterans? :laughs:

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Yea, because if we'd all just be quite and let this stellar foreign policy team work it's magic everything would be ok.

:yak5:

-spence

blah blah blah.

Spence, you're a sniveling little pu$$y f*gg*t.

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Actually they are Vets returning from Iraq after their service was complete or their injuries prevented their return. A woman running for the US House in IL lost both her legs in Iraq.

Why do you hate Democratic Veterans so much? Can't you just say I'm sorry?

-spence

I hate Democrat Veterans? Now your downright lying. Come on Spence you can do better than this. Tell us again how Kerry owes an aopolgy to Troops both Democrat and Republican for calling them Terrorists.

spence
11-02-2006, 01:07 PM
You speak for veterans? :laughs:
What am I the freaking Lorax?

They're still waiting.

-spence

spence
11-02-2006, 01:08 PM
blah blah blah.

Spence, you're a sniveling little pu$$y f*gg*t.

That's great...are you going to threaten to boil my kid in oil like the last time you went off?

I'll take the high road on this one. I think you've already dug your own hole.

-spence

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 01:11 PM
That's great...are you going to threaten to boil my kid in oil like the last time you went off?

-spence

You already chose to be the Low Road when you purposefully changed your own designed misconstruance into a downright lie. Let me know when your ready to apolgize...:btu:

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 01:15 PM

-spence

shut up you pu$$y.

Skitterpop
11-02-2006, 01:16 PM
I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the Asylum....hope your scheduled dinner is gourmet.

Someone should shut down this brawl :conf:

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 01:28 PM
whatever. :hang:

Skitterpop
11-02-2006, 01:29 PM
whatever. :hang:

Ben..... you`re bassmaster mental :bl: how did you get a gun? :wavey:

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I wish people like Spence would STFU. Permanently.

I am so god-damn sick and tired of the incessant whining and pissing and moaning about crap wholly unrelated to fishing here. I don't even know why I bother coming around anymore, it's always this same $hit all over again.

You're entitled to your opinion about the war, that doesn't mean I have read about it in every god-damn f*cking post in a place where I go to try to FORGET about this $hit.

See you all in another lifetime.

-Ben

spence
11-02-2006, 01:36 PM
You already chose to be the Low Road when you purposefully changed your own designed misconstruance into a downright lie. Let me know when your ready to apolgize...:btu:
I thought you lived in the state of Mass, now I see it's the state of denial :laugha:

-spence

Skip N
11-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Yes, you bash them if they're Dems. No respect and no applogy.

-spence

What the %$%$%$%$ are you talking about?? I havent bashed any Dem troops.

JohnR
11-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Everyone (this includes you Ben) - no posting IMAGES with swearing or lewd remarks. Done, final, simple, fini, end of discussion.

I'm not taking sides on this (yet) but I don't want those types of images on this site and that is final.

This pi$$ing contest thread is getting lame from all sides and is close to getting dunked.

spence
11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
What the %$%$%$%$ are you talking about?? I havent bashed any Dem troops.

Nope just the Dem Vets, jumping on the Snipers bandwagon.

Why do all Bush supporters hate Democratic Veterans running for office?

-spence

spence
11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
This pi$$ing contest thread is getting lame from all sides and is close to getting dunked.
Aside from Ben's posts I thought it was quite in context with the initial thread :bsod:

-spence

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 01:54 PM
spence,

why don't you go enjoy a nice starbux quadruple espresso and pop an aneurysm or two.

p.s. STFU

Hooper
11-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Just as a little bit of information that many do not know…With the education policy now enforced in our schools, the military has been given the right to actively recruit any student that has grades lower than those needed for future education. That right has been given with the funds given from the government. When the recruiters go to the schools they are to be provided with the names from the school and they then pressure the kids to join the military service.

Folks that means the military is not necessarily looking for the brightest, but possibly those they think will not go any further. They offer some the opportunity to enlist and not even finish school.

I wonder if Kerry was referring to that policy ??:smokin:

Now that, is a policy I would like to read for myself, can you provide additional info on that?

stripersnipr
11-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Nope just the Dem Vets, jumping on the Snipers bandwagon.

Why do all Bush supporters hate Democratic Veterans running for office?

-spence

Cant excuse Kerry so you revert to typical Liberal generalisms like all Republicans are incestuous, toothless trailer dwellers who spend their time thumping bibles while watching NASCAR and hating Democrat Veterans. Isn't this where you come in with those "Blood for Oil" chants that you people love so much while driving around in your SUVs. The funny thing is your comrades get all shocked and indignant when they lose an election for glaringly apparent reasons. (Oh yeah thats right the Diebold conspiracy is to blame (and or) most Americans are just stupider than you are). But your an "Independent" and Nancy Pelosi is a "Great American". LMAO.

P.S. This is in no way directed to real Democrats.

spence
11-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Cant excuse Kerry so you revert to typical Liberal generalisms like all Republicans are incestuous, toothless trailer dwellers who spend their time thumping bibles while watching NASCAR and hating Democrat Veterans.
I NEVER said you watched NASCAR ;)

-spence

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 02:16 PM

-spence

:smokin:

JohnR
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
:smokin:

:bl2:

gone fishin
11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Everyone (this includes you Ben) - no posting IMAGES with swearing or lewd remarks. Done, final, simple, fini, end of discussion.

I'm not taking sides on this (yet) but I don't want those types of images on this site and that is final.

please dunk this thread -- I didn't think this was a soapbox for a few to sling crap!!

mekcotuit
11-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I second gone fishin's request:claps:

spence
11-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I see my analogue is lost.

-spence

fishpoopoo
11-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I see my analogue is lost.

-spence

shaddap. :grins:

kevin d
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I think Kerry said what he said and he misspoke. If he had corrected that or made an attempt to apologize right after it happened, no big deal. Waiting 2 days and then being bullied into the apology is what pissed me off.

I think the reason you have so many vets running for office is that we are fed up with professional politicians of every party. These guys don't know a damned thing about the world or the mudholes and deserts that they send people into. They are probably tired of the elitist idiots on both sides making life or death decisions based on how they are going to look for the next election. Neither party has an answer to Iraq or the Global War on Terrorism so don't take sides based on those crappy catch phrases. Get rid of the career politicians, don't vote party lines and if your elected officials don't uphold their election promises, vote them out!!!!
These opinions are mine, I am fully responsible for them and don't care if you don't like them. I am just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else. :)
By the way, if you made it law that the President had to serve in the military before becoming "Commander in Chief" how many people would we be able to nominte in 2 years?

basswipe
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM

-spence

Better not have neighbor!

We seperate our politics from our racing.

Now that I'm a Tiverton Hick you need to give me all your spots.:rotf2:

spence
11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Now that I'm a Tiverton Hick you need to give me all your spots.

I hope you're joking. All the fish are on the other side :)

-spence

JohnR
11-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Closed...