View Full Version : Stick a Fork in Me

Backbeach Jake
11-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm done for the season. Didn't even air down once this weekend. Didn't walk across the street to flip a few. Now I know when the season is over. Time to spin wood and do some looooong put off chores. Watch football and:gu: a couple. Come April, I'll go nuts again.

Tagger
11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork me too .. turned wood today .. felt good .. except for the sneezing fit that is ...
Every ends brings a new begining .:yak6: :yak: :yak4: did I type that ?

BigFish
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Caught local today Ed! Was wondering why you were not there!:huh: Just a few dinks...you did not miss anything...beautiful out there today though! I was just trying to soak in a few more fish before the snow flies....I will keep at it until I get skunked 4 or 5 times in a row! Fishing Rhody Tuesday though!:kewl:

tattoobob
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I will fish to the 2nd day after Thanksgiving.

Karl F
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I reek of AYC dust..... worked on leaves.. big dump run.. cleaned gear out of truck.. gave daughter first driving lesson
:sled::spin:
... then cranked out a few on the lathe... time for quick shower.. and the Pats!

MarshCappa
11-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Got skunked today. I'm on the Cape tomorrow and will give the ditch a shot but the clock is ticking on me BIG time. Watching the Charlie Moore show tonight with Bobby Orr was really a tease. They were hauling in HUGE fish off of the Vineyard in Fall.

NIB
11-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Did a allnighter sat night 15 bass.Had 25-30 last weds night.
to 18 lbs w/ a 10 lb average.Not giants but lots of fun..Everyone was moaning bout the moon...Our falls don't bring too many bigger size fish but I'm ready..I have a few over 25 lbs thats not bad.Last yr with the storm it was a tough run.Lots of bait still around Peanuts of all sizes, Anchovies/rainfish, squid ,which are unusuall.Found some big Bunker with some Big blues on em the other day..
30 degrees an calm was not as cold as 38 with wind..
Fish keep me warm.
Usually I go to around Christmass.I have fished an left em biting till into febuary.I just had to stop..15 degree nights freeze the bass stiff as a board the second u lay em on a rock.U don't need any Ice..I had frozen saltwater all over me looked like a Ice Man..Hands get cold.An gloves are a PITA..I wear the glaciers w/ the liners when it really gets cold.
Sorry to rub salt on ur wounds..U guys get em when its nice an warm our runs require lots of fleece.
Plus Tog season opens in 9 days...

bttfish
11-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Not just yet.. Still having fun. :happy:
Caught 5 schoolies on Saturday at CC. Up to about 25 inches.
Got them on Kastmaster. Still lots of fun even if not keeper.
Will continue till we get skunk a few time. :wid:

Flaptail
11-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I'ts not over by a longshot. Had a couple last night in the high teens low twenties and a bunch of smaller. Numbskull and I were pretty lonely out there wondering where everyone else was and why they aren't still fishing. Dropped a monster on a GIBBS Pro white needle.

Hopefully we will back at it tonight. Skin plugs tonight for sure.

Flaptail
11-06-2006, 10:17 AM
That's pounds not inches.

JohnR
11-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Took my son out and Liam got a couple on Saturday plus a couple SDRs and 3 schoolies and a shad yesterday that he brought in mostly by himself...

piemma
11-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Did a allnighter sat night 15 bass.Had 25-30 last weds night.
to 18 lbs w/ a 10 lb average.Not giants but lots of fun..Everyone was moaning bout the moon...Our falls don't bring too many bigger size fish but I'm ready..I have a few over 25 lbs thats not bad.Last yr with the storm it was a tough run.Lots of bait still around Peanuts of all sizes, Anchovies/rainfish, squid ,which are unusuall.Found some big Bunker with some Big blues on em the other day..
30 degrees an calm was not as cold as 38 with wind..
Fish keep me warm.
Usually I go to around Christmass.I have fished an left em biting till into febuary.I just had to stop..15 degree nights freeze the bass stiff as a board the second u lay em on a rock.U don't need any Ice..I had frozen saltwater all over me looked like a Ice Man..Hands get cold.An gloves are a PITA..I wear the glaciers w/ the liners when it really gets cold.
Sorry to rub salt on ur wounds..U guys get em when its nice an warm our runs require lots of fleece.
Plus Tog season opens in 9 days...

Got to fish with Nebe last night. We found fish after I taught him the difference between Needlefish and Bunker. All kidding aside we found Bunker last night and decent Bass with them.

fish4striper
11-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Eelskimmer and I cruised Soco beaches yesterday and only found schoolies. Shoulda went in search for bunker I guess. I'll probably go till Dec in my boat.

NIB
11-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Got to fish with Nebe last night. We found fish after I taught him the difference between Needlefish and Bunker. All kidding aside we found Bunker last night and decent Bass with them.

Nice...
Good to see Nebe is back to his true love...

afterhours
11-08-2006, 07:30 AM
hammered 10-15 lb blues with bigfish and doc yesterday at a udl in soco. they were on adult bunker, but LOVED our wood.

doc
11-08-2006, 09:39 AM
great to meet you afterhours and bigfish...even better hauling in those big bull blues...the big wood was the ticket...

BigFish
11-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Doc...you were like a surgeon out there on those rocks.....carving 12 pound blues from the mass of bunker......and no scars!!!:kewl:

Fun day Doc...nice meeting you also!;)