View Full Version : Newport RI for "Tropy Stripers"?

bttfish
11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi, Newbie here.. Anyone have any opinion regarding the new article printed by On The Water Magazine? "Late Inning Stripers, Rhode Island’s Last Chance Bass! by Bill Nolan"

Where in Newport? Brenton Point? Any suggestion.. maybe I will head down to Brenton Point this Saturday, it is going to be a beautiful day... Thanks all for your suggestion... have a great day.
:wavey:

fcap60
11-08-2006, 09:06 AM
bttfish:

Welcome to the site. I hope you are having a great season

Regarding Bill Nolan's artilce. I, personally, thought it was excellent in all aspects ( fishing, gear, clothing, etc.). Just a FYI, Many members here are very sensitive to discussing specific locations on the site, so in the spirit of cooperation, members are discouraged from "spot-buring" on these forums.

There's plenty of info available, but you may need to do some research on your own or PM certain people who are willing to share information.

Have a great fall run and catch a 50#

Frank

Canalman
11-08-2006, 09:46 AM
fcap... that was just about the best civil explanation that I have ever read... well done :claps:

btt.. all of Newport is fishy explore and you'll surely be rewarded. :btu:

fcap60
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
thanks Canal Man and I'm sorry I missed your presentation at the last CT. surfcasters meeting, but I was out fishing...and catching nothing.

Canalman
11-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I know what that's like :wall: :)

bttfish
11-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks Guys, Completely understand. As I mentioned to Frank, I figure Brenton Point is a well known area and it would not be a great secret spot for anyone. I apologized if I did violate someone's "secret spot". I will be down at Scussett Beach Friday, wife wants to bike the canal.. I will let her bike and sneak away for a little fishing :hee: :rotf3: :scatter:
Are there any Keepers left at the Canal or just Schoolies at this time?

JohnR
11-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Pick up the Joe Lyons / OTW Fishing Rhode Island book - it is a good start and hits several key areas. Next item is to hook up with some of the NPT guys and find out first hand. This is a good instance where networking with people is good. You find the right guy that wants to fish your neck of the woods - say if it is the Ditch, you can work some "trade"