View Full Version : Are we off the deep end yet?.....

FishermanTim
11-10-2006, 12:39 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Football players suspended under the state's "hazing" law for giving wedgies. (Whittier Vocational Tech in Haverhill)
If this moronic pc-driven train(wreck) of thought continues, we'll have students/athletes will be charged with unthinkable "crimes" like "running in the hallways", "talking with food in thier mouths", "speaking with raising their hand first".
When I heard this, I was repulsed because, unless someone actually got "physically" injured as a result of the wedgie, I don't see how this could even remotely be considered a "hazing" incident.
(Any school that resulted to using a wedgie as a hazing right of passage would be the laughing stock in the academic world.
Didn't the wedgie go out of style as a hazing tool in the 50's or 60's?)

The students should petition the school board for a hearing to fight this, provided again, that no one was injured during the incident.

If it was a bullying incident, then they will have gotten what they deserved.

Bronko
11-10-2006, 01:57 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Football players suspended under the state's "hazing" law for giving wedgies. (Whittier Vocational Tech in Haverhill)
If this moronic pc-driven train(wreck) of thought continues, we'll have students/athletes will be charged with unthinkable "crimes" like "running in the hallways", "talking with food in thier mouths", "speaking with raising their hand first".
When I heard this, I was repulsed because, unless someone actually got "physically" injured as a result of the wedgie, I don't see how this could even remotely be considered a "hazing" incident.
(Any school that resulted to using a wedgie as a hazing right of passage would be the laughing stock in the academic world.
Didn't the wedgie go out of style as a hazing tool in the 50's or 60's?)

The students should petition the school board for a hearing to fight this, provided again, that no one was injured during the incident.

If it was a bullying incident, then they will have gotten what they deserved.

Stuff like this shouldn't slip through the cracks.:bl:

Skitterpop
11-11-2006, 06:55 AM
I agree; its a stain on the fabric of our lives :laughs: .