View Full Version : Music Downloading

ProfessorM
11-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Where does everyone go now to do ther illegal downloading of music nowadays or have they all been closed down. I have not done any looking in a year or so and I used to use Kazaar but that is gone:( . I used to go on the site in the morning and set up 100 or more downloads and let them go all day long. Filled my hard drive with great hard to find recordings. Was so great to have one place to look for millions of tunes. Is that stuff gone forever. P.

afterhours
11-10-2006, 09:24 PM
check out limewire?

ProfessorM
11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I used that too Don, although not as good as Kazzar but if it is up and running I will try it again. Hell I wouldn't mind spending a few cents per song to find the hard to find stuff that these sites offered. I never got into the movie downloading crap. Too long per flick. I need some college or high school age kid to let me in on the newest technique.

Tagger
11-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I'll ask the kids ... I asked them to make me a disk for the car of the site they use to go to .. they said it was to dirty .. screwing up computer .

ProfessorM
11-10-2006, 10:15 PM
thank you

Skip N
11-10-2006, 10:19 PM
I used to use Kazaa but got way to many viruses using that site. I just use Itunes or Napster, yes you have to pay, but the sound quality of the songs is WAY better off the legal sites.

ProfessorM
11-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Do you find the selection as vast as what Kazaa used to carry. I don't mind paying for what I want.

Katie
11-10-2006, 10:38 PM
is it safe for me to admit i used limewire pro.. sept its a crack?

ProfessorM
11-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I won't tell a soul. Besides everyone is in bed

Skip N
11-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Do you find the selection as vast as what Kazaa used to carry. I don't mind paying for what I want.

I think if you're into the older more obscure tunes, the free places might be your best bet. I think Itunes and napster aremore for current/popular music. But i could be wrong, do some searching on there and see what you find.

ProfessorM
11-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I shall thank you

lurch
11-10-2006, 11:05 PM
news groups!

Katie
11-10-2006, 11:06 PM
itunes and napster are good.. and most of the time have the stuff your looking for.. the one thing i dont like about itunes though, is that they edit the music right off the back and don't have the unedited versions.. i found this out because i was checking out the new Deftones Cd. :cputin: but then 5 minutes later, 3 days before the cd had been released i had it from a friend who got it from a torrent.. woopsie.. :angel:

crash
11-11-2006, 07:01 AM
I use limewire on occasion, used to use it a lot, but I picked up a virus and Adelphia hit me with a contract violation. Big PITA, I played dumb, which was difficult since I'm a network admin, and a dozen phone calls and three hours of my life later, I was back up. I started going the legal route after that, not worth the trouble when you can order the same song in less time for .88 from walmart.com

teaser
11-12-2006, 01:18 AM
I use a pay site and Morpheus, if you want the download for Morpheus pm me with and e-mail address and I sent it out to you.
It's a free site owned by Kazaar and the downloads are fast, many and very easy site to use.

smokefish
11-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Emule, has everything I've ever looked for without the added junk loaded onto your PC.