View Full Version : I would like to know why.......

BigFish
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Listening to the games announcers ramble on about how Brady uses many receivers instead of just having one go to guy when the chips are down got me to thinking.......why the hell doesn't he use Troy Brown as his primary hook-up??? The guy has the best hands on the team, is a savy veteran and probably one of the most valuable assets on the team....yet I did not see him get a ball thrown his way until midway through the fourth quarter when they were cranking up the offense?????? Why is it that Brady does not use Troy Brown more?????:huh: :confused:

afterhours
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
how many recep's he have this year? have'nt heard his name too much???

Slipknot
11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
He's getting older and slower but he has made catches
I am not sure what parts of the games you guys missed but I saw him make plays in the first half but you are right, he makes alot of 3rd downs for them, but it also seems that the pats shoot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties on 3rd downs alot of times after making it.
He's my favorite player and I like seeing him involved more too. They spread it out and not having Branch has hurt them. The defenses just line up to stop the run and take their chances with our crappy recievers it seems. Brady made some poor passes, the whole team needs to step it up, especially the kickoff return team. They need more disipline

Raider Ronnie
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
You guys need to face the facts
Your run is over !!!
Just like Jerry Glanville use to say,
NFL Not For Long!!!

BigFish
11-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Can anyone tell me the last time the Raiders won back to back games....or scored an offensive touchdown?:jump:

Troy Brown only had 2 receptions yesterday for 15 yards......he is underutilized!

Raider Ronnie
11-13-2006, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=BigFish;433412]Can anyone tell me the last time the Raiders won back to back games....or scored an offensive touchdown?:jump:

What does that have to do with the fact that the Pats better days are behind them now ???

BigFish
11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
If 2 consecutive losses means the better days are behind....then what do the Raiders have to look forward to??:rotfl: :bl: :hf1:

Wait till the playoff season comes Ron...hope your Raiders have huge flat screen high def jobs and cushy chairs to watch from home!

fishaholic18
11-14-2006, 08:21 AM
It's not over yet! We'll be back as usuall.
Rodney///Please get well soon...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/sobbing.gif

BigFish
11-14-2006, 09:54 AM
F-18 has cool smilies!:eyes:

Mike P
11-14-2006, 10:04 AM
3 SBs in 4 years, in the salary cap era, was an amazing feat.

That being said, I think Kraft has to re-visit his "we can plug anyone into our system and win" philosophy and open up the purse strings a little more.

Letting Deion Branch go was a huge mistake :humpty:

MarshCappa
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
3 SBs in 4 years, in the salary cap era, was an amazing feat.

That being said, I think Kraft has to re-visit his "we can plug anyone into our system and win" philosophy and open up the purse strings a little more.

Letting Deion Branch go was a huge mistake :humpty:

Couldn't agree more. I like our recievers but they are a bunch of ?????????? with the exception of Troy Brown. Anything we get out of Brown this season is total gravy. This has to be his last season. I don't know how we can get him more involved, he's on the field a ton but Brady being Brady(not complaining)dosn't have a favorite reciever. That's good and bad. Good that defenses can't load up on one guy. Bad being that no one can get a true consistant feeling with Brady. Brown is always there for him but I don't think he gets open as much or as easy as he used to. My biggest cripe this year on offense is the tight ends. Watson and Graham were two high draft picks and have mariginally produced at best with flashes of brilliance. Having those 2 guys being realiable life jackets for Brady makes the QB look a lot better. Don't get me started on the D.......

ProfessorM
11-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Lossing 2 defensive coordinators and an offensive one and not to mention all the players in the last few years and to still be very competative is pretty damn good. You can't be the best all the time the way the NFL is set up but B-chek has been pretty damn close. Oh yeah I think we won some super bowls too. He definetly made some bad decisions this past year but the season is not over yet. If at the end of the season we don't make the playoffs then I am sure he will address the needs for next year. He has been pretty damn good with his philosphy so far. Can't win every year. Try to remember the Boston Patriots or the Raiders of the last few years:shocked: , would you like to be in that boat.

striperman36
11-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Its a business not a team hoping for a championship!!!!
Steinbrenner spends money because he wants to win the championship

The Kraft's are business people first and only

The Yawkey's did it for years......

Raven
11-16-2006, 01:38 PM
as short as troy is....he catches very well...
and he's smart ...

i'd be throwing to him or maroney
as they both can run like the wind.