friggan walmart :af: reduced it's hunting /fishing section
down to nuthin.

looks like a freakin k-mart...now

or a hardware store... just awful....

i don't buy much there anyways.......
sometimes just a camo hat
or some neopreme gloves for ice fishin.

But now i won't even bother lookin in that direction
anymore....because it's just a big waste of time...

FishermanTim
11-14-2006, 05:20 PM
They have to make room for ALL THOSE CHRISTMAS DOODADS that will be 1/2 the day after.
They do tend to cut their stock down in the fall, as if no one does anything outdoors once the baseball season ends.

Luckily, there are some stores that cater to huntingm and fishing ALL year.

Diamond Tackle
11-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I was just reading in Barrons today that they are planning on trimming costs Big Time. this must be one of their less profitable depts I guess, always the bean counters running the companies. Screw the customers, bottom line is only thing that matters these days. And to top it off, they are looking to import even more stuff from China, 80% of their inventory is already imported. They should just change their name to China Mart and get it over with. I find it hard to believe this is what Sam Walton had in mind when he used to say "buy American".

Swimmer
11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Love walking across the parking area and seeing a car there. It means one of the employees actually can afford to own a car!:hihi:

riverrat2
11-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Who cares wal-mart is evil and doesn't really carry anything of quality concerning fishing equipment either. Support your local tackle shops beacasue they are there to support you unlike giant corporations such as wal-mart who could care less as to whether or not you leave satisified

Striperknight
11-17-2006, 04:44 PM
My sister works for Walmart as a pharmacist. She just recently started to come out of the pharmacy and start to get to know her fellow employees. She was shocked that they are all on poverty level living
in hotels owing thousands of dollars of credit card debt.

I told her a while ago Walmart has a room full of people trying to figure out how to get rid of the pharmacist. She is the highest paid person in the store. She laughed at me.

Well after Katrina Wallworld ran a pilot down south using 1 pharmacist to several stores by video cameras. She believes me now.

UserRemoved1
11-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Raven this was talked about several months ago in an industry magazine. They dropped all the stuff that didn't sell. The concessions these people have to give Walmart to get their product on their pegs is stoopid. Big box business.

I forbid my wife from shopping at Walmart. Some really ridiculous amount of stuff in there is all Chinese import CRAP.

I lived in a town that got a Walmart. I saw what they did to the town first hand. They almost caused a local 100 year old hardware store to go out of business-these guys had to live on rentals only because of them. All the big box are the same way. CHINA CHINA CHINA

crap

rant off :hee:

hulkyj61
11-17-2006, 06:51 PM
I hate walmart, for everything, not just fishing. Yah they have low prices and stuff, but customer service is horrible, the employees are not comitted to their work because they are not paid enough. I would much rather go to a bunch of local shops and get what i need. I think i have only bought one piece of fishing equiptment in the past year from them, and it was those Plano clear plastic thing that fit into my tackle box (I have about 20 of them, i think im addicted to plugs.)

I'd just say support your local tackle shop, they know what theyre talking aobut and are usually more than happy to explain (in detail) any product they carry.

macojoe
11-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Just like all the big shots do!!

I remember we had some really nice electronic stores back in the day!!
RatShack came to town, put everyone out of biz!! Then after the mom & pops were gone they raised prices and carried less!

Wallfart will do the same!! And we the people are to blame for falling into there trap ! Shame on us.

ProfessorM
11-17-2006, 09:33 PM
They have to figure out a way to off set the 4 dollar scripts

vanstaal
11-19-2006, 02:34 PM
support local shops since the big guy s*&$% the bed the whole chain of stores is going downhill :skulz:

Joe
11-20-2006, 11:10 AM
It's not so simple as "bad Walmart, good local Mom & Pop."

My Mom was a Navy wife and she used to tell me stories about being passed over at the deli line until after all the townies were waited on. They would not even look at her.

You'd feel less bad if you understood how bad the mom & pop stores we're screwing you all those years.

baldwin
11-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh well, Cabela's is coming to Connecticut next year.

fishpoopoo
11-20-2006, 01:31 PM
WMT has been, for lack of a better term, "pu$$ified" over the last few years.

First, they got flack by a vocal few #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s for selling handguns. So they stop selling handguns.

Then, they try to emulate Target (TGT) and get all soccer-mom fancy and declare that they will stop selling firearms altogether. :fishslap:

Big mistake in some aspects - WMT is alienating the consumer which made it successful in the first place.

But then again, how many of you go to WMT to buy a rifle or shotgun that you could just as easily get from a specialty big-box retailer or local gun shop?

WMT's fishing rod and reel selection, although at one time fairly sizeable, isn't something most of the folks here would buy (read, lower-end stuff). Unless you're really hankering for that 12.5 foot Shakespeare Ugly Stick in XH spinner. :conf:

I mean, when it comes right down to it, the only things I end up buying at WMT are terminal tackle (great deal on Gamakatsu hooks and lead sinkers) and line (seaguar fluorocarbon leader and smaller spools of braided line like Power Pro etc). These commodities you might as well get on the cheap while you're picking up that jumbo-pak of toilet paper and kitty litter.

In a similar vein, on the hunting/shooting end...I hope that WMT keeps stocking Winchester white label ammo (you can't get a better deal on 9mm/.40 S&W and .45ACP target ammo) and gun cleaning supplies like Hoppe's and Breakfree.

C'mon, it's WMT - it's not like you're gonna pick up Habs or Van Staal while you're in there.

BTW, have you seen TGT's "fishing" section? :rotf3:

Raven
11-21-2006, 06:44 AM
WMT has been, for lack of a better term, "pu$$ified" over the last few years.

BTW, have you seen TGT's "fishing" section? :rotf3:

politically rectumfied.... :bl:

naahhhh i never go to target...they are all hooked up to headphones
like the borg running around....their merchandise is crap....
it's like kastapo world in there..... ewwwwww :doh:

Sluggoslinger
11-21-2006, 11:19 AM
While I am a strong supporter of capitalism, Wal-Mart is the ultimate result and I loathe them. Talk about corprate irrisponsibility and greed at its finest.

They make me sick. I WILL NOT SHOP THERE...

What do you think the solution is?

Raven
11-26-2006, 03:18 PM
is Revolution