View Full Version : NJ shore for TG - any advice?

B-assman
11-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi all - Im headed to NJ (ocean grove) to visit family for TG. Obviously Im going to bring my gear - but know absolutely nothing about the area. All i know is the house is across the street from the beach - so, any advice from NJ members? I checked it out on google maps - looks like there may be some inlets to the south but I don't know if there's anything like a breachway to fish. Don't want to burn any spots but I'd appreciate a PM!

Thanks
Dave

NIB
11-15-2006, 03:09 AM
No fish in NJ..
U can plug em right there on the beach.bring ur Korkers.OG is the next town north of me..

DaveS
11-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Could'nt be in a better spot. Like Tony said, bring your korkers, waders, some swimmers, bombers, and storm shads and you'll be set. Dont need the big stick here, 9 footer like a 1088 or 1804 will do just fine if ya got one For some reason there is always good fishing on Thanksgiving day in NJ. If ya wanna hook up shoot me a pm and we'll swap phone #'s and I'll show ya around :)

chris L
11-15-2006, 08:04 AM
i will be in point pleasant beach that weekend , white sands resort . thats maybe 1/2 hour south of where you will be .