View Full Version : MS Tourney Thank you

JohnR
11-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I just received this email from Jim McKeough he received from the MS Society, thanking all those that particpated. I wanted to pass this along to all of you as well as with my thanks!

11/15/2006

Dear Participants of the Surf Fishing Club Challenge,

Thank you for your donation to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Rhode Island Chapter. Your generous gift of $950.00, which was given as a donation, will make a huge difference in the lives of people and their families who are living with multiple sclerosis everyday. On their behalf, I thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity.

Our mission is to end the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis. We are accelerating the pace of discovery by stimulating MS research around the world. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society now spends about $30 million annually to support the efforts of MS researchers in the U.S. and abroad, that amount matched by no other organization in the world. Additionally, your gift will help to provide the important local support and services needed by the estimated 20,000 local residents affected by the unpredictability of MS. These vital services, including informational materials and programs, referrals, equipment loans and purchase assistance, programs for the newly diagnosed and educational and support groups, give hope and help to our community.

We have accomplished a great deal and yet there is still much to be done. With the support of people like you we envision a world free of this devastating disease.

Thank you, again, for your interest and generous support.

Sincerely,

Kathy M. Mechnig Emily Murphy
Chapter President Director of Development

tynan19
11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for posting John. Can't wait for next year. Maybe we can promote it more.